It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

did i see a ufo?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 12:33 PM
link   
well before i go to bed on a night i always like to stand at my window and just look at the sky for a little bit. So last night or shall i say this morning bout 3:30GMT i did what i normally do. I saw this orange ball move fairly fast for a few seconds and then dissappear with what looked like sparks coming from behind it. I personally think this was a shooting star. From anybodies experience with them does that sound about right?

But anyway i carried on watching for a bit when i noticed this flashing light. At first i thought it was a plane but im not really sure. it moved silently and slowly, moving up and then falling almost freefall back to where it orginially was. From where i was, i was directly behind it. When it was nearer i saw these flashing lights underneath it that moved in a sequence.

for example

light light light light
light light light light

one block would light up red and then the next block moving along fairly fast.

i watched it fade away into the horizon and then about 10minutes later i heard the sound of a jet engine and saw a fighter plane coming from where the object had dissappeared moving away from that area.

and then a few mins after that from where the object had dissappeared i saw a white streak move across the sky for a free seconds. again that might have been a shooting star but it was different from the first one so i dont know.

this is the first time ive seen anything like this and something about the object made me feel uneasy. and apparntly where i live in the UK is a hotspot for UFO activity.

any ideas on what i may have seen?

EDIT: i decided to look at some incidents on ufos in my area and it really is a hot spot.

[edit on 5-8-2007 by lawler_09]

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Yep, you saw a UFO. A light that you couldn't identify is an Unidentified Flying Object.

Does this mean something sinister or are you in personal danger of being taken and have probes, you know...

You saw a light that you could not identify, that's it....

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 12:53 PM
link   
There was some interesting ufo activity last night, didn't see it myself but i heard it was reported on radio five after 12:00, i just checked last nights radio show on bbc and here it is at around 02:40:00 in, using the web player myself if that helps.

www.bbc.co.uk.../nolan_sat

or direct link...
www.bbc.co.uk...

I wonder if anyone took video or images of this event?

edit: seems the first link didn't come out right because of this forum, plus theres problems with editing now it seems, anyway here you go...

bbc.co.uk/radio/aod/fivelive_aod.shtml?fivelive/nolan_sat

[edit on 5/8/07 by just theory]

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by lawler_09
So last night or shall i say this morning bout 3:30GMT i did what i normally do. I saw this orange ball move fairly fast for a few seconds and then dissappear with what looked like sparks coming from behind it. I personally think this was a shooting star. From anybodies experience with them does that sound about right?

and then a few mins after that from where the object had dissappeared i saw a white streak move across the sky for a free seconds. again that might have been a shooting star but it was different from the first one so i dont know.
[edit on 5-8-2007 by lawler_09]

Both of the objects you describe above sound like meteors (or shooting stars). At this time of year, the pre-dawn hours are rich in meteors due to a number of showers being active, and the best time to view these is just before dawn.

Even meteors belonging to the same shower can have different colors, so this is nothing unusual. What is a little unusual, is your description of the first meteor that had "sparks coming from behind it". This sounds like a rare fragmenting meteor - ie bits of it were breaking off and burning up.

You can count yourself lucky to see this as very few people are fortunate enough to see one like this. I have only seen one in nearly 9 years of meteor observing (perhaps 8000 meteors observed in that time).

Fragmenting meteors are usually sporadic (random meteors not belonging to known showers) and are non-cometary in origin. Chances are what you saw was a small chunk off an asteroid. Asteroidal material is much more dense and will tend to flake off as the meteor burns up, thus producing the sparks you saw.

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Technically, yes.

No matter what origin, if it cannot be identified (i.e., you don't know what it is) than it is classified and 'Unidentified' Flying Object.

Whether it is Earthly or of Extraterrestrial origin is for you to decide.

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 07:01 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Oh good greif! I considered posting my sighting last night as well and decided with no video evidence Id pass but here it goes.

My granddaughter and I were standing on the porch in the dark watching some stars and I was pointing out constellations to her. It was around 11pm, we were looking towards the western skies when I saw a very bright golden yellowish flash of light catch my eye. It was moving from the west headed east north east. It disappeared momentarily then re-lit and sped off in the same direction to disappear behind a huge grove of trees across the road from my home. It was the size of a football and the same shape. I was not going to say anything until Arianna mentioned it first. She said Grandma! I just saw a really big ball of light in the sky it went behind those trees!!. We talked a little about the possibilities of what it could have been (shes so cute) and then went inside. Ari thought it could be Angels... She's a giggler and even if it was a UFo it paled in comparison to having her come for a visit. Poor girl, she has it.

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 10:38 AM
link   
antar,

What you described sounds like a bright meteor. I have also seen them briefly "go out", and then reappear. This usually happens when they skim the atmosphere at a very low angle, much like you can get a flat stone to skim across a pond. Meteors like this are often very long, and cover lots of sky before burning up or heading back into space. In rare cases they may be visible for 10 seconds, perhaps longer.

If you go out this Sunday night and watch the sky at around 9pm, you may see a few more "earth grazers" as they are known - look up and you will see them traveling from East to West. See here for details.

new topics

top topics

join