It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two objects over Ocean...pics

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
cjb

posted on Aug, 4 2007 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Hi all,

Here's four images of two unusual objects that I saw 16 July, 06 over the ocean from Palm Beach, Sydney.I had a Nikon Coolpix 500 plus 3x tele converter (approx. 255mm zoom). It was quite dark and I used a long exposure of 4 seconds on each shot. The first was taken at 7.06. 45secs am. The second is a crop of the first. The third was shot at 7.07. 44 sec, and the last at 7.08.26secs. Chris

posted on Aug, 4 2007 @ 04:50 PM
link   
All i can say is that is very, very strange. I like the detail and the fact that it does not appear, at first glance, to be 'shopped.

The row of ball-like lights. My first thought was that it reminded me of the banners sometimes towed behind planes, but obviously that would be rediculous, Since there is no plane. Seems like this summer is shaping up to be full of interesing things!

Just my 2 cents.

posted on Aug, 4 2007 @ 04:52 PM
link   
That's interesting the pictures looks good

Can you describe what you saw in details like: the shape,speed of the object(s) the colors etc..

posted on Aug, 4 2007 @ 04:56 PM
link   
the row is caused by the 4 seconds exposure so it really is 1 item

posted on Aug, 4 2007 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Hmm, well then. Looking at the furthest left in the expanded view, it appears to be a silver sphere with slight ledge running near the centre and two dark dots on the top.

The object to the left in the first picture, the straight line one, did it follow the one to the right? I mean, did it assume an acension/descension like the object to the right?

[edit on 4-8-2007 by D.E.M.]

cjb

posted on Aug, 4 2007 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by D.E.M.
All i can say is that is very, very strange. I like the detail and the fact that it does not appear, at first glance, to be 'shopped.

The row of ball-like lights. My first thought was that it reminded me of the banners sometimes towed behind planes, but obviously that would be rediculous, Since there is no plane. Seems like this summer is shaping up to be full of interesing things!

Just my 2 cents.

Hi DEM,

Thanks for your comments. The images are genuine and I will share others in the future. Chris

cjb

posted on Aug, 4 2007 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by themaster1
That's interesting the pictures looks good

Can you describe what you saw in details like: the shape,speed of the object(s) the colors etc..

Hi themaster1,

Well, the activity was too far away for any detailed desciption, but I had seen similar sightings before and the blinking lights and bright lights are mainly what I see in sightings like this, and that's why I experiment with slower shutter speeds....Chris

cjb

posted on Aug, 4 2007 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by D.E.M.
Hmm, well then. Looking at the furthest left in the expanded view, it appears to be a silver sphere with slight ledge running near the centre and two dark dots on the top.

The object to the left in the first picture, the straight line one, did it follow the one to the right? I mean, did it assume an acension/descension like the object to the right?

[edit on 4-8-2007 by D.E.M.]

The object to the left was stationary in the first image and then appears to move to the right in the last pic. I can't remember this particular sighting to say where the objects went. The speed of the objects vary, the lights are white and red, and they can easily 'blink out' to end the sighting. In daylight it is very hard to notice the activity unless there is a trail or bright light to draw attention to it. Chris

posted on Aug, 4 2007 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Next time if you see these boost your iso to 800 so you can use lower shutter speeds. And use your self-timer to avoid the shake that happens when you press the shutter realease.

posted on Aug, 4 2007 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Oh.... I'm jealous! Last summer there seemed to be quite a bit of activity over Lake Erie which my balcony overlooks -- but so far this year I've not seen anything at all!

Your photo's are impressive and can't wait to see more!

posted on Aug, 4 2007 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by MajesticTwelve

Nope. You would get a solid line.. not individual circular lights.

Interesting pics. Will take a better look in the morning

posted on Aug, 4 2007 @ 08:29 PM
link   
wow nice pics.

These look really cool.

You stated that you'll share others later, do mean other pics from this same sighting / event or have you seen others?

cjb

posted on Aug, 4 2007 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by PsykoOps
Next time if you see these boost your iso to 800 so you can use lower shutter speeds. And use your self-timer to avoid the shake that happens when you press the shutter realease.

Hi PsykoOps,

Thanks for your comments. I do use lower shutter speeds sometimes. I have shot from 1/1300 sec to 8 seconds, depending on nightime or daylight, lens, and nature of sighting. When I do shoot long exposures like 4 secs, the first second may be camera shake affected sometimes, but the rest of the exposure (3 secs..) the camera is untouched by hand.

posted on Aug, 4 2007 @ 08:38 PM
link   
The first image looks like the moon and venus. The others look like over exposures of aircraft.

cjb

posted on Aug, 4 2007 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Palasheea
Oh.... I'm jealous! Last summer there seemed to be quite a bit of activity over Lake Erie which my balcony overlooks -- but so far this year I've not seen anything at all!

Your photo's are impressive and can't wait to see more!

Hi Palasheea,

I'm glad you found the images of interest. Thanks for the kind comment.

posted on Aug, 4 2007 @ 08:42 PM
link   
What was their movement like?

I don't think that's been asked or mentioned yet..
I just woke up.

posted on Aug, 4 2007 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Nice pictures. Send some of the objects down to Melbourne, so I can see them!

How often do you see them?

cjb

posted on Aug, 4 2007 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by AGENT_T

Originally posted by MajesticTwelve

Nope. You would get a solid line.. not individual circular lights.

Interesting pics. Will take a better look in the morning

Hi AGENT_T,

Actually MajesticTwelve is correct. If I were to take a comparable say, one second shutter image of the object, only one would appear in the frame. You have not allowed for the light to be blinking, at roughly one second intervals in this case, leaving the 'space' between the same object over a four second exposure.

posted on Aug, 4 2007 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by cjb Actually MajesticTwelve is correct. If I were to take a comparable say, one second shutter image of the object, only one would appear in the frame. You have not allowed for the light to be blinking, at roughly one second intervals in this case, leaving the 'space' between the same object over a four second exposure.

That would have to be one heck of a fluke. A four second exposure of a craft blinking at precisely 1 per second.

cjb

posted on Aug, 4 2007 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by elevatedone
wow nice pics.

These look really cool.

You stated that you'll share others later, do mean other pics from this same sighting / event or have you seen others?

Hi elevatedone,

I have material from other sightings, some of which I will post in the future. It is important to note differing camera settings when viewing images, so that any further pics of objects and 'lights' can be compared with each other, as a starting point

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join