It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two objects over Ocean...pics

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by AGENT_T

Originally posted by MajesticTwelve
the row is caused by the 4 seconds exposure so it really is 1 item

Nope. You would get a solid line.. not individual circular lights.

Interesting pics. Will take a better look in the morning

Not necessarily, you see if the object Pulsed at some time it would appear like this.
edit: Dang! This place has a lot of smart people who came to the same conclusion before!

[edit on 5-8-2007 by ch1le]

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 03:15 PM
link   
The two photographs have allegedly been taken minutes apart from the same vantage point and looking out to sea. However, the variation in cloud formation is not conducive to this explanation. Photo 1 has cumulus cloud building on the horizon with a generally clear sky above and photo 2 has a broken blanket of grey stratus-like cloud. The photos seem to have been taken at different times of the day if not on different days.

Further, photo 1, at least, appears to be a day for night shot. When a simple adjustment to the brightness and contrast is made we seem to be looking at a daytime photograph. The fact that the cumulus clouds are reflecting light from above and are shadowed underneath also suggests daytime as opposed to 2 hours after sunset.

What appear to be stars are visible in the sky but one is on top of the cloud (as mentioned by Triad979) and another, barely visible, in the sea at the lower right corner.

One other point, is that what the surface of the constantly moving ocean and moving clouds would look like in a 4 second exposure?

Of course, my analysis may be entirely wrong, (I am guilty of altering the brightness and contrast, as I said, so have therefore manipulated the images) but that’s what I see in these photos.

I’m sure cjb may be able to validly explain away my findings.

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Hi Chris, good to see an aussie "watcher"! nice pics. I am just a few klicks away at Avalon, have a good edit suite and pro gear and 30 years photo/video experience, perhaps we could meet and I could verify for ATS your pics? I know the moon was pretty bright that time and I can compare the pics to the predicted star positions with "starry night" or other software to eliminate any confusion with known objects. We are in a flight path area for sydney and melbourne but the pics are certainly interesting, the light on the horizon for other ats folks will be one of the many ships at sea but the strobed, 4 part beast is most fascinating. Come over and have a coffee and a chat.
xxx8 (avalon) 0742
bruce

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by aussiespeeder
Hi Chris, good to see an aussie "watcher"! nice pics. I am just a few klicks away at Avalon, have a good edit suite and pro gear and 30 years photo/video experience, perhaps we could meet and I could verify for ATS your pics? bruce

Hey, Bruce. Did cjb say he was from Melbourne? I thought he was from Sydney? At least his photos were from Sydney?

If he's in Sydney, that's more than a few clicks away, mate. No worries.

How many times have you seen things down at Avalon? I'm only a few clicks up the road from you, probably a half hour or so. If you have some interesting stuff to share, I'll have to pass by one time.

cjb

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Yarcofin
There are so many random specks all over the pictures that it's hard to tell. One round spot appears to be the moon. There are several smaller blue spots that may be stars.

Long exposures and pictures at night make it pretty much impossible to determine much from it.

Hi Yarcofin,

The Nikon has a tendancy to display rogue pixels on slow exposures, and in most cases this is what the blue specks are.

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 09:26 PM
link   
on the third picture it looks like faces to me or is it just my eyes playing tricks on me

cjb

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by torsion
The two photographs have allegedly been taken minutes apart from the same vantage point and looking out to sea. However, the variation in cloud formation is not conducive to this explanation. Photo 1 has cumulus cloud building on the horizon with a generally clear sky above and photo 2 has a broken blanket of grey stratus-like cloud. The photos seem to have been taken at different times of the day if not on different days.
Further, photo 1, at least, appears to be a day for night shot. When a simple adjustment to the brightness and contrast is made we seem to be looking at a daytime photograph. The fact that the cumulus clouds are reflecting light from above and are shadowed underneath also suggests daytime as opposed to 2 hours after sunset.

What appear to be stars are visible in the sky but one is on top of the cloud (as mentioned by Triad979) and another, barely visible, in the sea at the lower right corner.

One other point, is that what the surface of the constantly moving ocean and moving clouds would look like in a 4 second exposure?

Of course, my analysis may be entirely wrong, (I am guilty of altering the brightness and contrast, as I said, so have therefore manipulated the images) but that’s what I see in these photos.

I’m sure cjb may be able to validly explain away my findings.

Hi torsion,

The images were taken from the same spot at the times stated. What you haven't allowed for is me panning the camera to another part of the sky. I looked at my files for this date and if I recall now, there was a third object and that may be in the last image. Meanwhile, I did photograph some more activity that busy morning....see next post. Chris

cjb

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 09:51 PM
link   
The time is now 7.40.41 secs and I have sighted another object in a different part of the sky. Because I now have some more light to work with, I shot this at 1/60sec. The second image is a crop of the first. The third image is the object now moving to the right of frame at 7.40.50secs and shot at 1/60secs. The fourth image is me changing the shutter in mid sighting to 1/125 sec (note how I lose light again in the image) to try and capture more detail as it flies across the frame. The fifth image is a crop of the fourth. Chris

cjb

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Hi Chris, good to see an aussie "watcher"! nice pics. I am just a few klicks away at Avalon, have a good edit suite and pro gear and 30 years photo/video experience, perhaps we could meet and I could verify for ATS your pics? I know the moon was pretty bright that time and I can compare the pics to the predicted star positions with "starry night" or other software to eliminate any confusion with known objects. We are in a flight path area for sydney and melbourne but the pics are certainly interesting, the light on the horizon for other ats folks will be one of the many ships at sea but the strobed, 4 part beast is most fascinating. Come over and have a coffee and a chat.
xxx8 (avalon) 0742
bruce

Hi Bruce,

Thanks for your comments. It would be cool if we could get together for a coffee sometime.....Chris.

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Amazing work bro! These are certainly headed for the UFO bin - dont look identifiable by a long shot. Would some of the skeptics/photography experts comment on these?

Chris, would you mind describing flight characteristics of this particular object. Duration of sighting/visibility of object. Did it exhibit any of the typical UFO behavior i.e. above normal speed, seemingly impossible turn maneuvers?

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by cjb

Hi torsion,

The images were taken from the same spot at the times stated. What you haven't allowed for is me panning the camera to another part of the sky. I looked at my files for this date and if I recall now, there was a third object and that may be in the last image. Meanwhile, I did photograph some more activity that busy morning....see next post. Chris

Sorry, cjb. I also didn't allow for the fact that the time was am (even though it clearly says so in your 1st post
)and I was thinking pm. The fact that the image is so dark threw me. I would expect a long exposure to be overexposed, if anything!

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by cjb
The time is now 7.40.41 secs and I have sighted another object in a different part of the sky. Because I now have some more light to work with, I shot this at 1/60sec. The second image is a crop of the first. The third image is the object now moving to the right of frame at 7.40.50secs and shot at 1/60secs. The fourth image is me changing the shutter in mid sighting to 1/125 sec (note how I lose light again in the image) to try and capture more detail as it flies across the frame. The fifth image is a crop of the fourth. Chris

If this is early morning from Australia where is the star Sirius (Canis Major alpha)? It should be just ahead of the sun in the East.

[edit on 6-8-2007 by disownedsky]

cjb

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by tezzajw

Hi Chris, good to see an aussie "watcher"! nice pics. I am just a few klicks away at Avalon, have a good edit suite and pro gear and 30 years photo/video experience, perhaps we could meet and I could verify for ATS your pics? bruce

Hey, Bruce. Did cjb say he was from Melbourne? I thought he was from Sydney? At least his photos were from Sydney?

If he's in Sydney, that's more than a few clicks away, mate. No worries.

How many times have you seen things down at Avalon? I'm only a few clicks up the road from you, probably a half hour or so. If you have some interesting stuff to share, I'll have to pass by one time.

Hi tezzajw,

I live here in Sydney...chris

cjb

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by

Originally posted by cjb

If this is early morning from Australia where is the star Sirius (Canis Major alpha)? It should be just ahead of the sun in the East.

[edit on 6-8-2007 by disownedsky]

Hi disownedsky,

I didn't say I was looking East. I was looking South West...chris

cjb

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by 2believeor0

Amazing work bro! These are certainly headed for the UFO bin - dont look identifiable by a long shot. Would some of the skeptics/photography experts comment on these?

Chris, would you mind describing flight characteristics of this particular object. Duration of sighting/visibility of object. Did it exhibit any of the typical UFO behavior i.e. above normal speed, seemingly impossible turn maneuvers?

Hi 2believeor0,

Thanks you for your comments.

The coming out of a 'ball of light', the right angle turns, the silent hovering, the 'disappearing' act, the splitting into two are all aspects of the phenomena I have witnessed...chris

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 10:26 AM
link   
the silent movment that's what get me...could of we perfected it in the late 80's
or is it ET.

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by cjb
The coming out of a 'ball of light', the right angle turns, the silent hovering, the 'disappearing' act, the splitting into two are all aspects of the phenomena I have witnessed...chris

In that case, we have a genuine case here.

I wish there was some system of marking a thread as genuine case by the mods. I tried, but I cannot explain away the pictures (even the new ones). Its very unlikely that someone will let loose a Chinese lantern at this hour.

Looks like you are on a 'hot spot' and you have identified the right time (early morning). Now its time to set up a video camera and get even more convincing evidence. I'm sure you'll see more. Best of luck

So, is it possible for you to post the original pics straight out of the camera? I'd like to see the EXIF and do some enhancements.

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 03:11 PM
link   
i witness something on Aug 1st.. at night looking at it for about 20 seconds
still no movement..then 90 degree turn and gone..left a trail behind it ...
like a fast moving flash light.

posted on Oct, 21 2007 @ 03:38 AM
link   
reply to post by cjb

give me a call chris
I work freelance and next week is almost free
avalon 0742
bruce
I captured something during the moon eclipse last month I will post soon
could be the ISS but its rotating, I will play with the raw files and post as best an image as poss.

posted on Oct, 21 2007 @ 03:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by cjb

Originally posted by AGENT_T

Originally posted by MajesticTwelve
the row is caused by the 4 seconds exposure so it really is 1 item

Nope. You would get a solid line.. not individual circular lights.

Interesting pics. Will take a better look in the morning

Hi AGENT_T,

Actually MajesticTwelve is correct. If I were to take a comparable say, one second shutter image of the object, only one would appear in the frame. You have not allowed for the light to be blinking, at roughly one second intervals in this case, leaving the 'space' between the same object over a four second exposure.

Well, Since you did it you know that when having a long exposure, you just put a book or another solid thing that makes it all pitch black for the lens in front of the lens, and by doing that, you get dotted lines.

Its probably just a chopper or a plane. This is to weak.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join