It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2004 @ 01:49 PM
link   
ALRIGHT, Alf for prez. in 2004.

posted on Jan, 13 2004 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by darkwraith
What would be the purpose of this CIA plot, do you ask?

Oh, its quite obvious, for the serious thinker.

posted on Jan, 13 2004 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lysergic
Sorry but I think even the CIA knows AOL sucks.

They probably use Earthlink...

Who knows, they probably do. They just control AOL to reel in all the benefits.

posted on Jan, 13 2004 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
Sorry to have to tell you but ADD & ADHD are hereditary traits. My mother was "hyper", I was "hyper" and 2 of my kids are ADHD. And this was long before Spongbob Squarepants.

ADD and ADHD have recently been found to be some part at the front of ur brain working slower than people who dont have ADD or ADHD.

posted on Jan, 13 2004 @ 01:51 PM
link   

This thread is about as cool as this;

Is that you, lysergic?!

posted on Jan, 13 2004 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jeffrey

This thread is about as cool as this;

Dear lord who in the hell is that!? A pink alf shirt. GHETTO.

Thats... Eminem.

posted on Jan, 13 2004 @ 01:53 PM
link   
You know what... That CIA plot sounds like a good idea for an episode of the cartoon itself!!!
Would be funny!!!

posted on Jan, 13 2004 @ 01:54 PM
link   
I don't know about that Rage. I find that with myself, my mind races as fast as my body did until I was able to get it under contol.

posted on Jan, 13 2004 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by NetStorm

That's strange I didn't think Spongebill or whatever was on cartoon network. If I remember correctly, it's on nicktoons.

Does it really make a difference?

Yes it does. This topic is about CARTOON NETWORK and the CIA.

I guess that just shows that you watch more cartoons than I do...so sorry for the mistake

posted on Jan, 13 2004 @ 01:56 PM
link   
So... Darkwraith, are you there?

got anything to back this up?

posted on Jan, 13 2004 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Does Felix the Cat count?

posted on Jan, 13 2004 @ 01:57 PM
link   

No cause he is not on the Cartoon Network...I think...

posted on Jan, 13 2004 @ 02:02 PM
link   
I dunno, I think the Network plays some hanna barbara cartoons occasionally. You know, durring some of the Cartoon Cartoons.

posted on Jan, 13 2004 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Yes he is... On the Latin American Cartoon Network. I still don't understanf why our cable company has that crap. Most shows are in english, but commercials are ins spanish. Some show's (mostly anime) are also in portuguese. (Like if everyone on this Island that I live on understands portuguese:@@

posted on Jan, 13 2004 @ 02:05 PM
link   
hehe cartoon network a CIA plot

Sorry but I had to move this serious thread to the chit chat forum

posted on Jan, 13 2004 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Ted Turner's WB/HANNA BARBARA version of the AOL/CNN NEWS FOR KIDS is a big fat POLITICAL PLOT!!! Maybe not CIA related (except in some cases of export, especially to third world children).

But just as politically motivated as any OP/ED piece on CNN.

What you must realize, though Dexter is not mutually exclusive to this, is there are intended efforts in kid's programming, beyond the mere mission to entertain...

Such as:

~The unnaturally advanced maturation of mindsets
This is especially true regarding sex. A key effort in programming AND scheduling is the tantilization of youth closer and closer to prime time and full blown ADULT SWIM!

~Political mindset formation
Turner's Captain Planet teaches a very specific political agenda to the very youngest of audiences. Not just environmentalism, but radical, activist environmentalism. The liberal indoctrination extends itself then as audiences age into college and beyond with flat out political programming and current event commentary like Space Ghost Coast to Coast.

~And (perhaps most insideous) the export of opinion and indoctrination of foreigners to AMERICANIZATION in the most impressionable segments of developing countries. Countries like Mexico crave learning English and consume unbelievable amounts of Turner CN product. That product comes with a price: An english speaking cartoon devil remains one of the most popular characters for CN in Mexico (I forget his Spanish name).

But the fact should be known, it's not just fun and games. Like marketing tobacco, there's a method to the madness and the intent goes well beyond mere entertainment. Yes hidden messages have always been in cartoons, from Pot smoking Shaggy to Screw the Government Bullwinkle, but that concept has NEVER been more alive than at Cartoon Network, where they don't just entertain minds... they shape them.

In the interest of full disclosure, I have known people quite well both in CNN and Cartoon Network for years and may be somewhat biased since Brak married my ex wife and owes me money.
But it's all still true!

posted on Jan, 13 2004 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zion Mainframe
hehe cartoon network a CIA plot

Sorry but I had to move this serious thread to the chit chat forum

Hey, I was dead serious about Turner's motives. It moved while I was posting, but I'd like to think my efforts won't be sent to die in Chit Chat.

[Stamping feet] I know stuff!

posted on Jan, 13 2004 @ 02:28 PM
link   

That's strange I didn't think Spongebill or whatever was on cartoon network. If I remember correctly, it's on nicktoons.

1. Deliberate mispelling of SpongeBob's name.
2. Knowing which channel SpongeBob is on.
3. Liberal sprinklings of "or whatever" and "if I remember correctly".

Looks like we got ourselves a closet SpongeBob fan right here boys. I think it's time for a lynchin' !!

j/k

I LOVE Spongebob Squarepants !!!!! I will admit it. He's so ridiculous, how could you not like the show. Squidward is my favorite character on the show though.

posted on Jan, 13 2004 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheBandit795

Yes he is... On the Latin American Cartoon Network. I still don't understanf why our cable company has that crap. Most shows are in english, but commercials are ins spanish. Some show's (mostly anime) are also in portuguese. (Like if everyone on this Island that I live on understands portuguese:@@

Mas n�o � a rede do cartoon do CIA

posted on Jan, 13 2004 @ 04:31 PM
link   
The Latin Cartoon Network broadcasting english, teaching American 'morality' and using multi-national icons in more and more cartoons...

It's been Turner's most successful globalization effort to date. You think CNN is obvious? Or his BILLION dollar donation to the UN, watch Cartoon Network programming... especially when you travel abroad.

Bugs Bunny was used to promote stereotypes, patriotism and fight Hitler half a century ago...why does it surprise anyone that cartoons are the innocuous education tool to shape future generations?

It's so pervasive we don't even notice when we're being conditioned anymore. :sigh:

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join