It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2004 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by darkwraith
I don't know if any of you have seen "Dexter's Laboratory," but I think its becoming pretty clear that some malevolent intent is behind the childish facade of this seemingly innocuous kids channel.

The Cartoon Network is a CIA plot to give the children of America attention deficit disorder by creating hyper-active characters in their stories, constantly rushing to and fro, performing senseless acts and mindless endevours. Children are exposed to this behavior during crucial developmental stages and engage in a sort of "monkey-see, monkey-do" type of cognition sending intothem into throes of spastic frenzy ultimately driving their parents into despair.

What would be the purpose of this CIA plot, do you ask?

Oh, its quite obvious, for the serious thinker.

Parents are naturally too busy reigning in their spastic children, who, foaming at the mouth, are raging uncontrolably on heavy doses of medication and high-sugar cereal. As the little vandals are busy terrorizing their homes and neigborhoods, the doctors and lawyers are making a killing on drugs sales, divorces, and home sales, while at the same time, the polticians-able to run free and plunder the national treasury- while scores of maddened parents do battle with drugged out rugrats high on a fix of Trix.

Soon, the loud noises and explosions of moden American cartoons are recreated in the homes and towns out in the suburbs. Fires burning, marriages destroyed, childrens rooms in disarray, and hordes of malevolent litttle miscreants are screaming through the neighborhood strung-out on Prozac and Fruit-Roll-Ups.

Alert the media, tell your freinds - that the Cartoon Network is the greatest threat to democracy since the advent of Hannity and Colmes! The children must be locked up- in clinics, in basements, and in classrooms, before its too late!

arent all cartoons like that?

do they even have a name for what your smoking?

i knew there were some crazies at ATS/BTS but this by far is the craziest!

posted on Jan, 13 2004 @ 05:01 PM
link   
DW is merely citing some examples of what parents complain about daily. Kids learning to talk back from mouthy anti-establishment cartoons, tempting life and limb in recreations of violence...and the sensory overload thing HAPPENS.

Anime flash graphics especially can cause seizures in some developing brains.

The point being: DEVELOPING. What you and I see as innocuous is GOSPEL and REVOLUTIONARY to impressionable minds.

If you or I came into a child's home to tell SEX JOKES we'd go to jail. The most popular mysoginist among pre-schoolers, JOHNNY BRAVO, does every day.

posted on Jan, 13 2004 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by RANT
The Latin Cartoon Network broadcasting english, teaching American 'morality' and using multi-national icons in more and more cartoons...

It's been Turner's most successful globalization effort to date. You think CNN is obvious? Or his BILLION dollar donation to the UN, watch Cartoon Network programming... especially when you travel abroad.

Bugs Bunny was used to promote stereotypes, patriotism and fight Hitler half a century ago...why does it surprise anyone that cartoons are the innocuous education tool to shape future generations?

It's so pervasive we don't even notice when we're being conditioned anymore. :sigh:

So because Japanese animators always make the cartoons look caucasian, they are secretly saying that they want to look like us? Or because as a joke they put Garfield saluting the Statue of Liberty they want to be like us?

I'm not trying to argue, most kids just watch cartoons to laugh, unless you are suggesting that there are subliminal messages that "activate" when the kids turn a certain age after having watched cartoons for a while....

posted on Jan, 13 2004 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by NetStorm

So because Japanese animators always make the cartoons look caucasian, they are secretly saying that they want to look like us? Or because as a joke they put Garfield saluting the Statue of Liberty they want to be like us?

I'm not trying to argue, most kids just watch cartoons to laugh, unless you are suggesting that there are subliminal messages that "activate" when the kids turn a certain age after having watched cartoons for a while....

I don't think the "subliminal" messages are as hard to see as some conspiracist might suggest. More like "subtle" message are everywhere. In the Japanese example you site, there has been backlash regarding a supposed inferiority complex among Japanese kids about their eyes. Rounding is a hotly debated subject in plastic surgery circles. You have to be screened before breast implants to "make sure you're doing it for the right reasons." I ask you, what could possibly justify a "right reason" to deny your own genetic heritage and race with "rounding"? Conditioning perhaps...that start with cartoons.

Or the manchild Michael Jackson... what the hell color is he anyway? Um, same as Bart Simpson. I have no clue on either.

Globalization is homoginazation with an American tint to it. Even if you don't buy the observations, just watch Captain Planet sometime. One child from each continent, of differing racial backgrounds, banding together to help some bizarre Ted Turner ego trip fight Corporate America.

Captain Planet, he's our hero, gonna take pollution down to zero... Earth! Wind! Water!...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join