It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GIANT flesh eating snail photograph

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2007 @ 09:21 PM
link   

do you guys think this is real or fake. Looks pretty freaky to me.

"This is believed to be the largest carnivorous snail species in the world. It is also very poisonous with tetrad toxin similar to that of the poison dart frogs."

[edit on 3-8-2007 by hiii_98]

posted on Aug, 3 2007 @ 09:41 PM
link   
im gonna have to say fake. also, googling the "latin name" of the snail doesnt bring up anything about it, so that doesnt help the credibility

posted on Aug, 3 2007 @ 09:42 PM
link   
pretty certain it's a fake.

From a quick google I only found a few carnivorous snail species, and none looked remotely similar to that

probably a movie prop or something

posted on Aug, 3 2007 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Any articales that come with the picture??? It looks too darn fake to me, sorry.

-Jimmy-

posted on Aug, 4 2007 @ 03:24 AM
link   
i think the man who took the pictures is a "rogue taxitdermist"

www.roguetaxidermy.com...

look at some of the weird creatues he's either made or photographed (definatly leaning towards "made")

posted on Aug, 4 2007 @ 11:06 AM
link   

The Modern Rogue Taxidermy movement differs from traditional taxidermy in that Rogue Taxidermists share the mandate to "advocate the showmanship of oddities, espouse the belief in natural adaptation and mutation, and encourage the desire to create displays of curiosity.

Source (bottom of the page)

Rogue Taxidermy isn't the stuffing of actual dead animals like normal taxidermy. Rogue Taxidermy is basically an art form in which the 'dermists create bizarre, yet lifelike, corpses showing the many possibilities of life. Which is why the site's logo is a three eyed deer.

Its a fake, but not a secret one.

[edit on 4/8/07 by JackofBlades]

posted on Aug, 4 2007 @ 01:05 PM
link   
www.roguetaxidermy.com...

that one is my favorite

The cupacabra (or however its spelled)

posted on Aug, 4 2007 @ 01:42 PM
link   
That's ridiculously fake!

Made of rubber or something? Makes no biological sense.

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 02:51 AM
link   
HOLY COW! I just had one of those in my garden. All my cats went missing (all 69 of them!) I might have to fumigate underneath my trailer.

I agree with most of the replies in this thread. It is definitely fake. Snails don't have teeth.

Please avoid using "TXT Messaging Shorthand" for words when posting on AboveTopSecret.com and AbovePolitics.com, such as "4" for the word "for" or "u" for the word you. Common "Internet Slang" acronyms such as "LOL" and "ROFLMA" are acceptable, but should still be used sparingly.

In accordance with the above disclaimer, I have to give this thread a big....

LMAO

posted on Aug, 8 2007 @ 05:34 PM
link   
I THINK I SAW THAT SNAIL IN A MOVIE ONCE. IT WAS SOME CHEAP HORROR MOVIE FROM THE SEVENTIES. =)

new topics

top topics

join