It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rochester NY, CRAZY UFO's all over the sky

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2007 @ 10:26 PM
link   
soo i have some video where can i host video and how can i enhanse it liek the brightness of it(without buying some program)

posted on Aug, 3 2007 @ 10:39 PM
link   
and it was going in a very west to east arch,. had to bust out the compass for that one

posted on Aug, 4 2007 @ 12:05 AM
link   
cool stuff... but i have one problem with your story OP...

You said you and your mom, sis, and gf watched the lights for about 10 min... and you were in your backyard... WHY DIDNT YOU GET YOUR CAMERA FROM INSIDE???

Im not calling you a fake or anything... but if you look at it from a certain point of view, this has all the similarities of a hoax... The stratford sightings formed a triangle... so it would be likely a hoax story would match up with another story for effect...

I HOPE this is not the case and what you saw was an actual sighting though... i just wish you had gotten that darn camera out...

oh and i think heat lighting jumps from cloud to cloud and you said it was clear outside right? so that rules out heat lightning

EDIT** I somehow missed page two... where u explained why you didnt get the camera out... so ill chose to believe your story

[edit on 4-8-2007 by Odessy]

posted on Aug, 4 2007 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
I'd say the combination of factors is likely right on target...

Perseids
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search
The Perseids (PURR-see-idz) are a prolific meteor shower[1] associated with the comet Swift-Tuttle. The Perseids are called so because the point they appear to be coming from, called the radiant, is in the constellation of Perseus. However, they can be spotted all around the sky. Because of the positioning of Swift-Tuttle's orbit, Perseids are mostly visible on the northern hemisphere.

The shower is visible from mid-July each year, but the bulk of its activity falls between August 8 and 14 with a peak on August 12. During the peak, rates of a hundred or more meteors per hour can be registered.

en.wikipedia.org...

Though i dont think meteors form triangles in the sky lol

posted on Aug, 4 2007 @ 09:06 AM
link   

>>snip

The only major problem I find in his story is that he went outside to relieve himself. Normally we all go inside the house to do that, when we are near the house. Only a drunk person not completely in his senses dares to do it outside.

[edit on 3/8/2007 by rocksolidbrain]

I don't want to be rude, but living in an area up north, we all tend to do this at my house as well. It's just something that is odd, considering I have 3 bathrooms in my house...This isn't odd at all, even for a sober person.

posted on Aug, 4 2007 @ 09:14 AM
link   
I live about 25 miles south of Rochester. I was in my pool lastnight and got out because of the lightning flashes. We were supposed to get a thunderstorm but all I saw was lightning. I'm a frequent gazer of the sky at night and did not notice anything unusual other than the lightning.

posted on Aug, 4 2007 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by another_lurker

>>snip

The only major problem I find in his story is that he went outside to relieve himself. Normally we all go inside the house to do that, when we are near the house. Only a drunk person not completely in his senses dares to do it outside.

I don't want to be rude, but living in an area up north, we all tend to do this at my house as well. It's just something that is odd, considering I have 3 bathrooms in my house...This isn't odd at all, even for a sober person.

I have to agree, I myself tend to step out into the back yard to relieve myself every now and then. It's not really a big deal when you are surrounded by trees and fields. Living in the city lol I would not do such a thing.

posted on Aug, 4 2007 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by another_lurker

>>snip

Though i only relieve myself outside when im drunk... I thought it was strange until i read that he was already outside eating... if that were the case i dont think I would go back inside either... perhaps we should all start relieving ourselves outside in hopes of a UFO sighting lol... just remember those cameras!

[edit on 4-8-2007 by Odessy]

posted on Aug, 4 2007 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Don't bother. You got your chance but you didn't record it. Even if you manage to record them, it would turn out to be like all the annoying wiggly dots like countless of videos out there.

I don't mean to discourage you but you only get one chance in life. I've seen a ufo once and and I've been waiting for over 20 years almost everyday looking out at the sky with a camera close by but there is none, nada, zilch, zero ufo. If you saw is what you think you saw, then congratulations, buddy. You've just joined the many eyewitness with no physical evidence what so ever to back their incredible claims. You only get that once chance and you blew it up.

No physical claims, no credibility. Sorry, but that's just the world works.

[edit on 4-8-2007 by omnicron]

posted on Aug, 4 2007 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by omnicron
Don't bother. You got your chance but you didn't record it. Even if you manage to record them, it would turn out to be like all the annoying wiggly dots like countless of videos out there.

........... You only get that once chance and you blew it up.

No physical claims, no credibility. Sorry, but that's just the world works.

....signed Bitter and Twisted.....

I don't think you need to apologise, I'm sure Penroc will do whatever he feels, and hopefully not pay attention to your tainted advice.

posted on Aug, 4 2007 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Well i have some pretty nice video with some stuff in the back ground to see how high it is and how it moves. where can i host a HQ video??? i really want to show everyone what i have. And damajikninja if you see this email me at [email protected] i cant U2U any one yet, to few posts.

posted on Aug, 4 2007 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by penroc3
where can i host a HQ video???

Download some bittorrent software (utorrent is what I use) and share it that way. Everything else sucks, quality wise.

posted on Aug, 4 2007 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by carewemust
Could this have been what you saw?

Hi carewemust,

Yes I am familiar with those flight patterns but the was different. I was actually thinking about that when it happened because I do often see the air traffic in that area of sky.

I live in NW Arlington Heights and was headed east on Dundee Rd. The light was very large for the distance and glowed brightly in an already hard to view sky without sunglasses. Time was approx 7:50am maybe a month ago.

I was very careful to differentiate this from a turning aircraft going to Ohare. I just thought it to be an almost impossible task for a jet to flash so brightly with the sun at it's back. I'm actually very anal and on the rare occasion that I do see something out of the ordinary in the sky, I always try to analyze step by step, ruling things out. This is the first time I've not been able to identify something. Who knows? It happened so fast (10-15 seconds) and I'm certainly not infallible by any stretch.

As for heat lightning, I grew up in NW PA about 150+ miles south of Rochester. I can tell you that I've seen heat lightning there and over the ocean in FL. What I saw over the glades was not heat lightning and I've done a pretty thorough search but couldn't find the science article identifying the atmospheric flashes (just names this year in fact) but they are similar to "sprites". Maybe what the OP was seeing were sprites although they are most often visible over top of storms but may appear in other instances. Ball lightning is another phenomena that comes to mind.

However, those triangle formations are quite puzzling.

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 11:15 AM
link   
So where's the video?

I can't wait to be blown away!

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Penroc- what side of town do you live on. I used to live in Rochester, NY myself. I'm just curious because on an average night it's so cloudy you can't really see that much of the night time sky. My wife bought me a telescope 5 years ago and I've only used it a few dozen times.

The Rochester sky is really not a good one for viewing anything at night. Not trying to discredit you or anything. I lived near the 19th ward (and a graduate from Univ of Rochester- '98). Just shook me to see Rochester, NY on this site since I live in Jacksonville, FL now.

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by C.H.U.D.

Download some bittorrent software (utorrent is what I use) and share it that way. Everything else sucks, quality wise.

nope, Azureus rocks

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by 2believeor0

Originally posted by penroc3
and if someone could get back to me on the podcast thing. my sister,mom,and girlfriend as well as my self are very willing to tell what we saw when we saw it, i just need to know how to post it

[edit on 3-8-2007 by penroc3]

Here is a link to the podcast center:
www.abovetopsecret.com...
(Look at the Create a new podcast section on the right)
You will need to record your audio as MP3, and have some info ready for the podcast - description etc. Also review the rules for posting.

You can record using Windows Sound Recorder - found under Accessories > Entertainment and remember to change the encoding to MPEG Layer 3 when saving you file (hit the "change" button and select the MPEG format)

Looking forward to hearing from you

[edit on 3-8-2007 by 2believeor0]

[edit on 3-8-2007 by 2believeor0]

Hey penroc3, have'nt heard from you about the podcast. Any updates on that? Also the video would be nice, if nothing perhaps you could atleast put it on youtube and send us curious cats a link!

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 12:35 PM
link   
and how did u get the video too? did they come back the next night? you didnt have any sort of camera on you the first time

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 12:36 PM
link   
and how did u get the video too? did they come back the next night? you didnt have any sort of camera on you the first time

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 02:32 PM
link   
its just dry lighting mixed with sprites reflecting off the chinese lanterns launched weeks earlier from the Uk. I dont see what the fuss is about..

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join