It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unicorns, not so mythical?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2007 @ 01:01 AM
link   
Just a thought....

If there are theories abound that Bigfoot and Sasquatch are actually interdimentional beings, capable of shifting from this reality to the next at will......Why not the Unicorn? This would make perfect sense. As other crypids are extremely hard to film or catch alive, this theory would fit nicely in the realm of the Unicorn. Hiding simply wouldn't be an issue if you could travel into several planes of existance.

hmmmmm.......

posted on Aug, 3 2007 @ 06:33 AM
link   
they travel into different dimensions with there magical horn!
it all makes sense now.

posted on Aug, 3 2007 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Syntaxstealth
Outside the box but inside the nut house. Terrorism, UFOs, a US tragedy etc.. These are all forums with great value. Where people can speak and voice opinions on current events. after all the title is "Above Top Secret".
I just don't think the subject has any real value. sorry

Then why bother to read the post in the first place? Seriously, if you think it has no value then go back to reading what interests you and let the good folk here have their discussion.

Whilst I am on the subject insults such as your opening line do you no credit. It is plain rude.

posted on Aug, 3 2007 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by IMAdamnALIEN

Originally posted by thefatlady
Sorry I don't know how to use only part of a quote. Who cares if it's true or not ? what an incredible story! Wonder if there are caves in the area where a reclusive animal (unicorn) could hide?

Thanks for taking interest to my story. Although I wish this actually happened to me! This man told us the truth. There is no much more I can say to make people believe something 2nd hand. He saw what he saw, he trusted us to not make a fool of him by telling eveyone. This thread is the only mention of this account since I heard it 7 years ago. I know... I know...........You feel lucky!

Thanks mystical believers.

PS.
Did I see dragons? You mentioned dragon colonies still existing? That is way far out!!!

thefatlady replies:

Yeah, saw dragons with my own eyes, 30 years ago, a good story to tell the grand children. You could only get there crawling thru a tiny crevice. The natives made us fast on the same berries the pterodactyls ate for some days so we wouldn't smell offensive to them. We were forbidden to eliminate in their breeding grounds too, but brought plastic bags to pack same out just in case. Guy took a dump, even tho we scooped it up and packed it out, they were riled the next night---dive bombed his tent all night!---several miles from their site.

posted on Aug, 3 2007 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Just a thought....

If there are theories abound that Bigfoot and Sasquatch are actually interdimentional beings, capable of shifting from this reality to the next at will......Why not the Unicorn? This would make perfect sense. As other crypids are extremely hard to film or catch alive, this theory would fit nicely in the realm of the Unicorn. Hiding simply wouldn't be an issue if you could travel into several planes of existance.

hmmmmm.......

I actually really like this theory, because stories of unicorns point to them as being magical in nature. And I would consider transversing the planes of dimensionality pretty darn magical. I also like thinking that maybe Sasquatch and Bigfoot are inter-dimensional. Or maybe, they are just inter-dimensional ET's wearing a big monkey suit around to mess with the clueless humans.

I was actually researching this a while back minus the magical element. I found it a possibility that unicorns are just horses with Shope papillomavirus, which would make them grow a horn or horns and make them very rare. Maybe they are historically white is because it is the easiest color to see a horn on an animal and were seen more often then dark horses. Jackalope, or horned rabbits, are just rabbits with horns. Horses have been known to get the disease, but I can't find any pictures of horses with it.

ww2.lafayette.edu...

I actually like your theory better than mine, because the horns on unicorns are supposedly straight. The horns from Shope papillomavirus are usually curved.

BTW, I enjoyed the story you told earlier from your Creative Minds class teacher and the unicorn experience, which means they may not be an extinct species. Man, you don't get any of the cool classes going to Catholic School. I had to learn to read auras all by myself.

Sounds like your teacher had a strong Zen positive energy flow going, maybe that is why he was able and lucky enough to see a unicorn. You were lucky to have him as a teacher/guru.

I wouldn't think any less of him, because he said he saw a unicorn. I would actually think more of him, because he took the risk to tell you an awesome experience. Some people would call him crazy outright, which is a big problem in today's harsh society.

posted on Aug, 3 2007 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Syntaxstealth
What would a therapist say?

What would a therapist say? First of all, I'm a therapist and second of all, I know that unicorns are real.
2 very old and dear friends researched unicorns and discovered how they were created: by surgically altering the horns in a newborn goat, they can be made to grow together into one horn. This was done back in the '70's by my 2 friends, who created 4 unicorns and took them to Ren Faires. Eventually, one was sold to the circus, with disastrous results, as the unicorn was abused. The 4 are all dead now, the last one having passsed away several years ago. He lived at Isis Oasis in No. California and I met him myself.
There were write-ups on the unicorns in the L.A. Times, front page, Section 4. I rememebr it all very clearly.

Here is a link to the unicorn calendar that Lancelot, one of the unicorns, posed for. He is the third picture from the top.
www.unicorncollector.com...

Another URL, this one with an interview and picture of Lancelot, the unicorn:
www.hypocriticalmass.org...

"HR: Where did you discover that unicorns really existed?

OZR: I discovered significant clues in Odell Shephard’s book, The Lore of the Unicorn, where he gave reference to single-horned cattle that were documented to have been produced by the Kafir tribes in Ethiopia. Shephard also referenced a number of what seemed to be very matter-of-fact descriptions and drawings of actual living Unicorns reported in various places by Renaissance-era explorers, including Portuguese explorer Louis Vartoman, who described a pair he saw in the private menagerie of the Sultan of Mecca. Each subsequent appearance is accompanied by a remarkable and recurrent legend, in which they are believed to re-appear on Earth at the darkest hour, and herald the dawn of a new Golden Age…which, in fact, actually occurred each time, from the Golden Age of Greece, through the birth of Confucius, to the European Renaissance. And, of course, now."
For more info, Google: unicorns + Zell; The Living Unicorn Project

posted on Aug, 3 2007 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Great thread guys, but as always... it comes down to evidence.

No concrete evidence has ever been found, not talking drawings/paintings or such, but actual bone/carcass/fossil evidence.

Don't get me wrong, I would love see evidence they existed.

posted on Aug, 3 2007 @ 12:00 PM
link   
forestlady, very interesting story and links. Thanks for the info, I remember hearing something about surgically created unicorns, but had never seen just how good they look

[edit on 8-3-2007 by Esoterica]

posted on Aug, 3 2007 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Thanks for those great links, Forestlady.

I have wondered a few times if the myth of a unicorn might have come from buck deer or stags with some genetic problem or injury that might have caused one of their antlers to grow from the front part of the skull.

I mention this because I have actually seen a few examples of this. One of the best occured several years ago. My son and I were hunting a ranch in central Texas. Near the end of a morning hunt, we were walking back to the camp, crested a hill, and saw a large buck whitetail grazing in a field about 75 yards in front of us. Due to the wind being in our favor, he did not notice us right away. Through the field glasses, we noted that the right side antler had broken off near the base, and that the left side antler (which happened to be a spike and not a forked antler) was growing out from the front of the skull cap.

When my son saw it, the first thing he noted was that it looked like a unicorn, and that maybe that is how the myth started.

Who knows....?

posted on Aug, 3 2007 @ 01:14 PM
link   
but horses dont come from america they came over when the europeans came and there are dangerous animals in in the eastern hemisphere

posted on Aug, 3 2007 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Unicorns are actually goats, not horses. Goats are what Oberon used to create his unicorns.

posted on Aug, 3 2007 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by forestlady
Unicorns are actually goats, not horses. Goats are what Oberon used to create his unicorns.

Ummm, right.

Why is it that every website you go to if you search google, depicts Unicorns as horses with long majestic horns? Not some ugly looking goat with a brown discolored nasty mutated horn. Why are we all brought up to believe that Unicorns are horses not ugly goat?

I dont get what you are saying.

thefatlady:
That is amazing! You saw dragons an pterdactals with your own eyes, are you for real? Thumbs up

posted on Aug, 3 2007 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by frailty
BTW, I enjoyed the story you told earlier from your Creative Minds class teacher and the unicorn experience, which means they may not be an extinct species. Man, you don't get any of the cool classes going to Catholic School. I had to learn to read auras all by myself.

Thanks for reading my post! I dont believe they ever were a threatened species. If they could shift planes then anytime they felt threatened they could simply vanish. I was lucky to have a school that was open minded enough to allow such a class. That is cool you can read auras, I haven't done that in a long time, but from what I remember I was pretty darn good at it.

Sounds like your teacher had a strong Zen positive energy flow going, maybe that is why he was able and lucky enough to see a unicorn. You were lucky to have him as a teacher/guru.

That is exactly what I thought. I believe that these majestic creatures chose to let them see their physical form. They probably picked up on his flowing positive energy and thought they would stop by and eat some apples. And yes, I do feel very lucky to have known this man.

I wouldn't think any less of him, because he said he saw a unicorn. I would actually think more of him, because he took the risk to tell you an awesome experience. Some people would call him crazy outright, which is a big problem in today's harsh society.

Your right!
Could you imagine him telling a class full of students this? Even though his class was about opening your mind, I sure a bunch of students only took the class for the credit. This would have been a mistake to tell the wrong crowd indeed. I felt safe in this thread to talk about this because people here are normally very open and hardly judgemental for a topic such as this.

Thanks

posted on Aug, 3 2007 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by forestlady

Ummm, right.

Why is it that every website you go to if you search google, depicts Unicorns as horses with long majestic horns? Not some ugly looking goat with a brown discolored nasty mutated horn. Why are we all brought up to believe that Unicorns are horses not ugly goat?

I dont get what you are saying.

ImaDamnAlien, read my post on page 2 of this thread, you might understand better. Not all of history is on the internet, ya know, once upon a time there were books with much information. There are many, many pictures of unicorns as goats. And no, the goats that were unicorns do not have ugly brown horns nor are they ugly; actually they're quite beautiful, being Angoras. If you'd bothered to check out my links, you would see this.

posted on Aug, 3 2007 @ 07:48 PM
link   
any and all creatures are beautiful in they'r own right. the miracle that created them in that exact way needs to be appreciated. i once had the misfortune of going on a fox hunt, i'm not proud of it, i will NEVER do it again, i had to impress a girls parents so i could get jiggy...but thats neither here nor there. when you see a vixen leap(literally...leap) into the hounds so that her young could escape into a hole...you suddenly feel very small and insignificant. to say that something is ugly only further solidifies the belief that you have to look a certain way to be pretty, you must wear make up to be beautiful...its just not true...as i said earlier unicorn translates to literally...one horn...so any creature that has one horn, be it a birth "defect" or planned growth...is in fact a unicorn...it doesnt matter if that little critter is a goat, a horse or a...erm...cant actually think of another critter with a horn but you get my point.

sweet pictures FL ty for the share

posted on Oct, 17 2007 @ 08:13 PM
link   
I just skimmed over this whole thread, so sorry if this was mentioned before and I missed it..
My understanding was that unicorns were some kind of interpretation of the scimitar horned oryx. If you find a photo of one of these animals in profile, you can really see how that could happen. Also, most older images of unicorns that i see, don't have a horses' tail, but one similar to this kind of antelope. That also explains the odd body shape in cases, facial markings and the white color. Narwhals certainly seem to play a part in the legends.
Regardless, i love all the old stories. It would be wonderful if they were true. My favorite movie was in fact, "The last Unicorn." lol

Gyrkin

posted on Oct, 19 2007 @ 11:15 AM
link   
I can see how legends could be created from misidentifying an oryx, or maybe even kudu. The problem is that the classic image of a unicorn is european, not african.
More than likely there was a genetic defect that caused a family of horses to grow a horn or maybe just an odd calcium deposit on their forehead. The original "horn" could be just a large bump. It's nice to think there was a beatiful creature like this at one time though.

posted on Oct, 20 2007 @ 06:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Renshin
Why is it so hard to believe that horse's with horns existed at a time?
We have rhinos with horns, we even have lizard with horns, personally i dont think its that much of a leap to say that at a darker, more dangerous time, in the past, that there was horses's with horns. Its a natural defence mechanism and as the other thread said even some antalope were known to have them.

What are your oppinions?

Supposedly, the Unicorn story came from early western sightings of the Rhino - not too much more to it as far as I understand...

J.

posted on Oct, 20 2007 @ 09:54 PM
link   
It is possible that they existed, but unlikely in the way we imagine them when we see them today, if you really think about it the horn would more than likely be curved than long and straight, this would make it useful for digging roots and such up and not as prone to breaking as a straight horn would. Even to use it as a defense mechanism would be more than likely to result in it breaking off altogether. Also we do have fossils that there were native horses here and they died off long before man, until the europeans reintroduced them there hadn't been horses on the continent since.

posted on Oct, 21 2007 @ 01:03 AM
link   
Didn't people from India go to greece or something and saw a rhino and went back to india claiming they saw a weird horse with one horn and a weird horse head? and a goats have sometimes known to have something wrong with teir genes where it causes their horns to form into one. also some say unicorns have a twisted horn spiraled shape how would you explain tht? Some say unicorns had a lions tail and cloven hooves. Best bet is that someone a long time ago saw something resembling a horse when in fact a different animal and was scared and his imagination ran away with him, to the point where they told stories about this "unicorn" all the time til it became a myth.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join