It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Changing?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2007 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sniffer
What is the partners name?

I can't even begin to fathom how you could even CONSIDER that you should be privy to that information.

posted on Aug, 8 2007 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by HemlockAgain

Or.... YeahRight Can Get Stuffed And Stop Sucking Up To the Addministrators And Owners Of ATS. Over And Out. Hemlock.

I'm not YeahRight, but I would like to know how you think that just because someone doesn't agree with you they're sucking up. That's like saying you have everything right so if anyone disagrees they must be doing it to brown nose the leadership.

I've been here a grand total of four months, gotten into a couple of verbal exchanges with staff, been given a warning, had point losses on more than one occasion, sent complaints and questions fairly often, and generally been a problem when I thought there was a reason.

During the same time frame, I have gotten over 25 applauses, racked up over four thousand points a month, and been an active member in every respect here at ATS.

And you're going to insinuate that just because I agree with the majority on this, that the trial has been a success, that I'm "sucking up"? You sir/madam, are so far out in left field that you're not even in the ball game with that crap.

Edit by NGC2736 for punctuation.

[edit on 8-8-2007 by NGC2736]

posted on Aug, 8 2007 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Or.... YeahRight Can Get Stuffed And Stop Sucking Up To the Addministrators And Owners Of ATS. Over And Out. Hemlock.

I'll thank you to watch your mouth. Tell another user to "get stuffed" and you're looking at a post-ban.

Yeahright has been here FAR longer than yourself, has contributed MUCH more to ATS, has a great deal of friends both among staff and among fellow members. He is an asset to this site.

You, on the other hand, are only half of an asset. I suggest you either learn to treat your fellow members with respect, and quit insulting the house in which you are a guest, or that you find another forum to slander.

posted on Aug, 8 2007 @ 06:31 PM
link   
okay seeing though you all have told me that the topics are about a number of post and not flags, now there are topics like this

"WOW!! Qigong magic..jeEEesus Christ, if this is real..Whew!!Must Watch Very Interesting!!
replies: 189"

"Two "Middle Eastern" Men Pulled Over in SC with Explosives (Updated) replies: 181"

"Nuclear attack on America is very(!) imminent
replies: 180"

But yesterday you guys showed all religious threads with only 32 replies, if that, where were these topics then?

[edit on 8-8-2007 by Sniffer]

posted on Aug, 8 2007 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Aside from the blatant troll behavior what's with the capitalizing of every word? It's like reading a freestream thought of headlines or something. And what's with the added consonants? appology and addministrator...it's like reading a stutter or something.

posted on Aug, 8 2007 @ 07:06 PM
link   
jeez, of course ATS is changing.

"refresh" look!, it changed.
"refresh" look!, it changed again.

How does it change like that?
It's amazing.
And so are the members.
The members here, are the agents of change.
They turn the kaleidoscope, and we all go wow...

with some exceptions.

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 06:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sniffer
...But yesterday you guys showed all religious threads with only 32 replies, if that, where were these topics then?

Because, each of those sections scales their ranking to within a certain timeframe. I believe it's 24 hours, but I could be mistaken, it might be 12, or 48, or whatever. Let's assume till I'm corrected that it's 24. So it's "the most replies in 24 hours", "the most flags in 24 hours", etc.

Otherwise, the "top threads" would never get cycled, and you'd only ever see the same 4 or 5 threads at the top. There are some with replies in the thousands.

The time scaling allows not only for a more dynamic front page, it keeps users more current with what is -currently- the hottest topics on ATS, as opposed to what may have been really hot 2 years ago. It gives "new posts" a shot at making the front page, where they otherwise might not, and it also gives a more realistic scale of a topic's true staying power.

For instance, if "Man Bites Dog" makes front page with 100 replies, and none tomorrow or the next, it was brief fleeting news, and eventually drops off the front page into obscurity. whereas if "Crab People Stole My Chickens" gets a steady 50 replies today, 60 replies tomorrow, 55 replies the day after that, as long as its "reply-count" is among the highest in the pre-determined timeframe, it will stay up there on the front page until people stop replying to it as much as they are other threads. And the same applies to flags.

It makes a lot more sense to me to do it this way than to just use raw numbers. For the most part, this gives ATS new, fresh content on the front page each day that actually reflects the daily activity of the site, as opposed to the historic activity.

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by spacedoubt
They turn the kaleidoscope, and we all go wow...

with some exceptions.

no, we still go wow but sometimes it's with glee and other times it's with utter shock and astonishment. I'll let y'all decide which ones provide which wow.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join