It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Changing?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2007 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth
Yeah, Intrepid... I know they pop up from time to time. I just get a bit defensive when it comes to the site's administrators and moderators. I think you all do a damn good job, and I appreciate every one of you.

[edit on 2-8-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

I know and thank you for that. It's a matter of having ownership in the site. I KNOW what you mean. It's not your site, per say, BUT it is YOUR site. Believe me, I understand. Without the questioning though we'd just be another website. I don't think I need to point out examples. The Net is full of them.

posted on Aug, 2 2007 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sniffer
Hey, is it just me or has ATS been been showing threads on the front page that have been lacking somehwhat, i get the feeling that since the buyout that they are covering topics that are leading us away from the good threads eg;

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
What buyout?

There was no buyout.

Every post on the home page and forum overview pages are determined by member flags and/or thread replies.

true skeptic, but this is a conspiracy discussion forum after all, right

posted on Aug, 2 2007 @ 06:45 PM
link   
I've only recently become a member but from hat I see it is a great community. I guess it'll have more interseting days than others, but all in all everything seems usefull, even the questionable stuff is at the very least entertaining, if not educational as far as "how not to think".

posted on Aug, 2 2007 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Voxel, I will be sure to watch the link you provided when I have more time. It is somewhat amusing to me to listen to these people who haven't a clue about occult ideology pontificate about what occultists believe.

posted on Aug, 2 2007 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Newyorkee, it's a great site. I love it. I am almost always balancing my school work with my "ATS time." It's crazy.

posted on Aug, 2 2007 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Voxel, I will be sure to watch the link you provided when I have more time. It is somewhat amusing to me to listen to these people who haven't a clue about occult ideology pontificate about what occultists believe.

Why are you judging it before you have even watched it?

It may help to look at the video before you say how pontificateius it is.

Are you yourself an occultist, Speaker?

Back on topic.

IMO ATS is in fact changing. What the changes will mean to us as members is yet to be seen.

[edit on 2-8-2007 by interestedalways]

posted on Aug, 2 2007 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by interestedalways

I know enough about it to know that most of the yahoos who pontificate about it in these "documentaries" don't know what they are talking about. Yes. Are you?
Why are you always in attack mode when you say something to me? I have never understood that.

posted on Aug, 2 2007 @ 07:44 PM
link   

I know enough about it to know that most of the yahoos who pontificate about it in these "documentaries" don't know what they are talking about. Yes. Are you?
Why are you always in attack mode when you say something to me? I have never understood that.

Hmmmm, I have been coming off that way, haven't I. I don't know why, honestly. I think it is because I have percieved a change in your attitude that comes of as your having low tolerance to others and it must bother me on some level. Sorry for projecting that. I will check myself and my motives in the future when I interact with you.

Am I an occultist? I am a seeker of truth. I find truth to be hidden and the occult can be a system to reveal truth, so I will answer that as a yes.

So maybe we have something in comman.

posted on Aug, 2 2007 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Hmmmm, I have been coming off that way, haven't I. I don't know why, honestly. I think it is because I have percieved a change in your attitude that comes of as your having low tolerance to others and it must bother me on some level.

Interested, well, that is not necessarily unfounded. Look, I am the first to admit that I can be butt... Maybe more people should respond to me the way you do. I don't know.

I do have a low intolerance for ignorance, especially ignorance behind the illusion of being knowledgeable. Many of the guys that talk about the "New Age" and the "Occult" from the fundamentalist community act as if they know a lot about those topics. When in reality, it seems to me, they are just regurgitating what they have heard from their parishioner or pastor.

That bugs me. It really does.

Anyway, something else you have to understand about me, Interested, is that I am not too happy with the direction that humanity seems to be headed. So, I tend to be a little irate sometimes when I make remarks, and,yes, sometimes I say things I don't really mean,but, that's just the nature of the beast I suppose.

posted on Aug, 2 2007 @ 08:15 PM
link   
It's all good.

Thanks for allowing an opportunity to express some underlying stuff.

I think we can both grow from this exchange.

I must agree that alot of the vids that come off with all the answers and the great truth is usually watered down symbolism made to fit the agenda of the person telling his story as truth.

Thanks for keepin it real!

posted on Aug, 3 2007 @ 07:08 AM
link   
I'm just soooo glad that this site exists - a site where there is genuinely interesting discussion on a massively wide range of topics. For instance, I'm not THAT interested in the conspiracy aspects of 9/11, just because I live in the UK. That said, they still make for interesting reading now that the forum has calmed down a bit.

I can post here about music, films and various other things that interest me, and just read the ones that don't.

Discussions for the most part are civil and enlightening, and we get less of the bs that goes on, on a lot of other sites.

I've really only scratched the surface here at ATS/PTS/BTS, and look forward to continuing my exploration of this excellent site.

For the future, I want to have a look at the writing forums as it's something I've always wanted to have a go at - just thinking of a plot and how I want to present it.

Best site if it's type on the net - and due to limited mobility it's one I greatly appreciate - without this I'd have to spend more time on myspace

Site owners, mods etc strike me as fair, open minded and willing to listen.

Long may it continue.

[edit on 3/8/2007 by budski]

posted on Aug, 3 2007 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Hey, is it just me or has ATS been been showing threads on the front page that have been lacking somehwhat, i get the feeling that since the buyout that they are covering topics that are leading us away from the good threads eg;

"Major Bridge Collapse in Minneapolis, Minnesota... Many Injuries/Deaths Feared"

"Print your own solar panels...Far Out! "

"Muslims Protest Over Pet Food Factory That Could 'Rain Down' Pork"

Among others.....

Is anyone else noticing small changes?

What were the old topics like?

posted on Aug, 3 2007 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord

What buyout?

There was no buyout.

Buyout?

I flashed back to Jim Mora's "Playoffs?" speech a few years ago.

www.youtube.com...

But then, this time of year everything reminds me of the Colts.

posted on Aug, 3 2007 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Hey, is it just me or has ATS been been showing threads on the front page that have been lacking somehwhat, i get the feeling that since the buyout that they are covering topics that are leading us away from the good threads

Okay, two really big points of consideration:

1.) There was never a "buyout". Some dudes invested enough money for ATS to advertise and get better servers. The Amigos retain full control of the site, and their decisions are not swayed by anyone but each other, the staff, and the membership.

2.) The threads are created by the membership. The popularity of a thread is determined by the membership. The "front page threads" are determined by the popularity of the threads, which are determined by the membership. There are no "dark, smoky rooms" where shadow-masters dictate the top threads on ATS. It's you, plus the other 110,000+ members, that make those decisions.

In the future, please check your facts before posting ignorant accusations and implications. It doesn't endear you to anyone, least of all the people who call this place their second home, and ESPECIALLY the people who donate hours and hours of their time each day trying to provide YOU a place to come and insult all that work they do.

posted on Aug, 3 2007 @ 03:38 PM
link   

(thelibra) -1.) There was never a "buyout". Some dudes invested enough money for ATS to advertise and get better servers. The Amigos retain full control of the site, and their decisions are not swayed by anyone but each other, the staff, and the membership.

These "Some Dudes" come along and invest a large amount of money so ATS can have "better servers" so they can advertise Their Chosen products. can you explain this further?

i know i havent had had alot of post to my name, but im a lurker, and have been for years, its just that im noticing small changes here and there.

posted on Aug, 3 2007 @ 03:41 PM
link   

its just that im noticing small changes here and there.

Like what? You are being pretty vague..

posted on Aug, 3 2007 @ 03:50 PM
link   
What ever may be going around and noticed by others, is not enough for me to get worry about, at least no yet. . .

But, I am a paranoid conspiracies believer so nobody can blame me for feeling what I feel . . .

Anyway threads are for you to chose and post as you wish and if you don't like what you see or read, just move alone to another topic. . .

At least is plenty of options to chose from . . .

posted on Aug, 3 2007 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by thelibra

In the future, please check your facts before posting ignorant accusations and implications. It doesn't endear you to anyone, least of all the people who call this place their second home, and ESPECIALLY the people who donate hours and hours of their time each day trying to provide YOU a place to come and insult all that work they do.

Harsh
but fair.
All rules are applicable to all members.
Basically, be nice and don't mess up - if in doubt, try to find it in the t&c

posted on Aug, 3 2007 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by elevatedone
He's talking about the recent announcement of the new partners here at ATS.

New Partners? Aside from the snazzy avatars, its the same Three Amigos, Simon, Springer, and Skeptic Overlord since I first joined way back when.

The topic is somewhat correct however. ATS has added tons of new content and features that reflect our core interests and values.

[edit on 8/3/07 by FredT]

posted on Aug, 3 2007 @ 05:01 PM
link   

These "Some Dudes" come along and invest a large amount of money so ATS can have "better servers" so they can advertise Their Chosen products. can you explain this further?

The "Some Dudes" have no products or any say what so ever on what we do or do not advertise, post or anything else.

What part of we (The Three Amigos) have total control by virtue of our LLC agreement (ALL decisions are taken by the "Managing Members" and there are only three managing members) and 80% controlling interest and subsequent 80% vote is unclear?

This is a non point.

Springer...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join