It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Changing?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2007 @ 01:42 AM
link   
Hey, is it just me or has ATS been been showing threads on the front page that have been lacking somehwhat, i get the feeling that since the buyout that they are covering topics that are leading us away from the good threads eg;

"Major Bridge Collapse in Minneapolis, Minnesota... Many Injuries/Deaths Feared"

"Print your own solar panels...Far Out! "

"Muslims Protest Over Pet Food Factory That Could 'Rain Down' Pork"

Among others.....

Is anyone else noticing small changes?

[Mod Edit: Please see T&C section 4. Please check your U2U's and do not alter/remove staff edits. Thank you - Jak]

[edit on 2/8/07 by JAK]

posted on Aug, 2 2007 @ 01:45 AM
link   
yeah i have noticed it too and i was questioning the buy out when it happenned but imma stick to ats i may check out your site but ats has been a favorite of mine for a while even when i was a lurker

posted on Aug, 2 2007 @ 01:45 AM
link   
LMFAO what a load of spam

Can I be a mod on your forum?

posted on Aug, 2 2007 @ 01:53 AM
link   
Summer doldrums, lots of people are on vacation.

The Germans call it "sour pickle time."

Mindless sentence to satisfy the short post rule.

posted on Aug, 2 2007 @ 02:02 AM
link   
Hey i know it might seem like im trying to get attention for my site, but honestly im trying to get attention for the core topics. sort out through all the garbage people seem to be posting, dont get me wrong i adore this site.

posted on Aug, 2 2007 @ 02:17 AM
link   
I'd have to agree with this part.
"Muslims Protest Over Pet Food Factory That Could 'Rain Down' Pork"

Thats totally belowtopsecret.

posted on Aug, 2 2007 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Ih, there are slow times and peak times. It's like the news industry... you can't really make many good breaking news stories when not much is really happening.

The posts shown at the top of the page are the ones that get flagged the most, so it's what members want to see. So if anything is changing it would be member tastes, not the site itself. But I think it's just a temporary thing like I said, just a slow day. There have only been 3 or 4 new threads a day for the past week I've wanted to open really.

Also you only have 3 posts on ATS, and two of them are in this thread, so what exactly are you judging it on?

[edit on 8/2/2007 by Yarcofin]

posted on Aug, 2 2007 @ 05:02 PM
link   
yes im too am afraid that even this website maybe probably controled by some peopel that dont want us to know certain stuff...i mean if i were the boss of th ewebsite and a swat team came and tell me they will find and MURDER me and my whole family if i dont do exactly as they say what do u think ill do?theyr more powerfull then mafia what u gonna do call police or sometin?

i dunno but atleast WE are here and have someone to share and talk about the things we are interested in,the forumers

posted on Aug, 2 2007 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sniffer
i get the feeling that since the buyout that they are covering topics that are leading us away from the good threads

Buyout?

What buyout?

There was no buyout.

Every post on the home page and forum overview pages are determined by member flags and/or thread replies.

Buyout?

posted on Aug, 2 2007 @ 05:39 PM
link   
He's talking about the recent announcement of the new partners here at ATS.

No matter what and how many times you tell people, they're still going to believe what they want and not the truth.

posted on Aug, 2 2007 @ 05:53 PM
link   
It's the summer thing for sure.
I have also thought that alot of new people come in just start posting threads, they don't want to take time to get to know the people on the forum first.
I cannot keep up sometimes and then I am also getting discouraged at times by being lead on by nifty sounding threads only to open them and find mindless dribble.
At times I just look at the posters names and go from there before opening threads.
I have been here 6-7 months and am just now getting to know who I like to read.

posted on Aug, 2 2007 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Well, I did notice one new thing that stinks to me. The much lauded ATS.video thing is absolutely at this moment just Christian propaganda tool. Look at the 3 videos that are being demoed on ATS.video:

The March to Armageddon
- Talks about the coming fulfillment of biblical prophecies.

Secret Architecture of Washington, DC
- Talks about the "evil masons" and the their ties to the building of DC.

Secret Mysteries of America's Beginnings
- Talks about a secret plot from Europe to use the "evil masons" as a mechanism for creating a non-Christian new Atlantis founded on satanic beliefs and gods from the ancient world.

If you do a web search for all three of these videos you seem them all heavily touted at Christian book and video stores.

If you question the associate look for "Radio Liberty" videos given by the director of the films at Google. He snickers and sneers, as does his audience, every time he quotes a historical figure as saying anything remotely negative about Christianity.

This isn't a documentary. A documentary goes wherever the information takes them, while this was obviously produced from the outset with a very clear intent and set goals. Hell, it really seems like something the J.B.S. would pump out.

Either ATS isn't being honest about the documentary quality of videos being posted in their ATS.video tool or they simply fail to realize that whoever is their "video partner" may be is using ATS to further an agenda.

ATS.Video? More like ATS.J.B.S.

Jon

posted on Aug, 2 2007 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Come on, people...
Another "ATS is a major conspiracy" thread.

posted on Aug, 2 2007 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Voxel
Well, I did notice one new thing that stinks to me. The much lauded ATS.video thing is absolutely at this moment just Christian propaganda tool. Look at the 3 videos that are being demoed on ATS.video:

While I would tend to agree with you in regards to two of the videos, I really didn't get that impression about the America's Secret Beginnings video. To me, it was just sort of explaining why some of the things that are currently happening are happening.

[edit on 2-8-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Aug, 2 2007 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth
Come on, people...
Another "ATS is a major conspiracy" thread.

C'mon, you've got to admit it was due. It's been a couple of weeks.

Ebb and flow, it happens all of the time. Members that have been here for a year or more see this. And they go, "M'eh." Next month we go after the Masons and the NWO.

posted on Aug, 2 2007 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Actually, I see it as a "ATS is vulnerable from the same outside threats and interests as every other group" thread.

The only way we can keep ATS from becoming a venue for wackos spreading misinformation in the interests of governments, religions, and corporations is by due diligence.

By questioning ATS, we are keeping it free. By criticizing ATS, we are keeping it honest.

Jon

posted on Aug, 2 2007 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Actually, I see it as a "ATS is vulnerable from the same outside threats and interests as every other group" thread.

Our members are pretty damn good at sniffing this sort of thing out. As the Amigo's have ALWAYS said, what drives ATS is the members. And this is a damn good bunch.

The only way we can keep ATS from becoming a venue for wackos spreading misinformation in the interests of governments, religions, and corporations is by due diligence.

Wellllllll, can't keep them out, that's the Net but sniffing them out, that's a different story.

By questioning ATS, we are keeping it free. By criticizing ATS, we are keeping it honest.

Jon

OK. It just gets tedious for some at times.

posted on Aug, 2 2007 @ 06:32 PM
link   
I felt the same way about the Atlantis video until I found this talk by the director of that "documentary":
Radio Libery talk: The Atlantis Connection

He discusses many of the topics brought up in the video. I was surprised to see how much of a Christian bias he has. He refers to anyone remotely unconvinced by Christianity as an "Occultist." He names most of our most influential founders and labels them as either following "occult" practices (practices that predate Christianity by 3000 years - go figure) or as being against Christianity because they sought to have a philosophical country by minimizing the interference from the churches in Europe.

That "documentary" is a blatant retelling of history from the "everyone is out to get the Christians" view.

Jon

posted on Aug, 2 2007 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Yeah, Intrepid... I know they pop up from time to time. I just get a bit defensive when it comes to the site's administrators and moderators. I think you all do a damn good job, and I appreciate every one of you.

posted on Aug, 2 2007 @ 06:36 PM
link   

He discusses many of the topics brought up in the video. I was surprised to see how much of a Christian bias he has. He refers to anyone remotely unconvinced by Christianity as an "Occultist." He names most of our most influential founders and labels them as either following "occult" practices (practices that predate Christianity by 3000 years - go figure) or as being against Christianity because they sought to have a philosophical country by minimizing the interference from the churches in Europe.

Well, Voxel, I do think that there is a conspiracy against occultism raging right now. The fundamentalists from both Christianity and Islam are extremely frightened by the rise in occultism over the last 20 years or so. They don't know how to react other than by attacking it. It's unfortunate really because most of the attackers don't have a clue as to what the hell they are talking about in regards to occultism. That is my two cents on the subject.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join