It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weird giant cat like creature photographed in Dartmoor

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2007 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Martin Whitley photographed the "mysterious" animal while at work
A photograph of an animal taken on Dartmoor is "almost certainly" not a big cat, according to a local expert

source:
news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Aug, 1 2007 @ 10:35 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 2 2007 @ 04:05 PM
link   
I had this thread on another message board I belong to. At first glance it looks like a Bison, but we know there are no Bison running around on Dartmoor! lol!

There was a shot with some schoolkids in the background, and it gave a better depth definition, and that this creature isn't as big as it may initially seem. Certainly not one of the many big cats that roams the moors. It looks to me like its some kind of feral dog?

Here is the other picture

posted on Aug, 2 2007 @ 04:08 PM
link   
the goodol beast of bodmin has moved...good on him...i live right next to dartmoor...i will have to go have a look...of course dartmoor is a big place and i will ifnd nothing but...wicked that its on my doorstep

posted on Aug, 2 2007 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Well, be sure to have yer camera, and post the pics if you get anything good!

posted on Aug, 2 2007 @ 04:20 PM
link   
i'll take a spear and a loin cloth. i am man...natures greatest hunter...no animal can sneak up on me...AAARRRGH...just a preview

posted on Aug, 2 2007 @ 04:29 PM
link   
or maybe even a suit of armour and a battle axe!

I am still wondering what the hell it could be though...

*scratches head*

posted on Aug, 2 2007 @ 04:36 PM
link   
I was just at the Denver zoo last weekend, and it pretty much looks like a Buffalo to me. Could be wrong, but in the accompanying article it spoke of some local farmer that had a bunch of buffalo escape, and that they are now roaming freely around the area.

Not to squash your cryptozoological hopes, but I dont think its a mutant hybrid.

My 2 centimes

posted on Aug, 2 2007 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Don Wahn
I was just at the Denver zoo last weekend, and it pretty much looks like a Buffalo to me. Could be wrong, but in the accompanying article it spoke of some local farmer that had a bunch of buffalo escape, and that they are now roaming freely around the area.

With this info, I'd say baby buffalo.

posted on Aug, 2 2007 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Escaped Buffalo? Good call, if true, that's what I thought when I saw the pic. Don't suppose there is any info on these escaped beasties?

Dartmoor is turning into quite an African Savannah. Not only does it have big cats roaming around, but buffalo now too....

Wonder how long before there be elephants and giraffes?

posted on Aug, 2 2007 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by stumason
Dartmoor is turning into quite an African Savannah. Not only does it have big cats roaming around, but buffalo now too....

Wonder how long before there be elephants and giraffes?

At least the big cats have something to eat now.

posted on Aug, 2 2007 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Plenty of sheep and ponies knocking about if they can't get a Buffalo. Even the occasional group of plump, American tourists it would seem...

posted on Aug, 3 2007 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Sorry to step on any toes but this is already being discussed in a longer thread that was created before this one.

The Dartmoor Beast 31st July 2007

top topics

join