It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If we faked a UFO landing, what would the govt. do?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2004 @ 02:13 AM
link   
I'm just thinking out loud, but what if someone thoroughly faked a landing. Let's say I pre-planned the whole thing and had a sizeable budget. I find an area that I can control people's view and access. Gather a bunch of friends (20+) who all pull their cars over and stick to this story that we saw this UFO land in this nearby canyon (you have to get enough people so that it looks legit and so it looks like a real event) Call up the local TV news agencies and then tell them that there's some fire that looks like it was caused by a crashed aircraft (if you say UFO they might ignore it, a crashed plane and fire always gets their attention) Have a saucer-like ship and dress up some guys as aliens and then pull a few special effects off. If we can, I would try to drag this out for at least 3 hours. The key is to somehow get it on the TV long enough to see 1) How did people react and 2) What does the government do?

My real motivation here is to see who in the government shows up. Do we see some sort of special ops group? Does some special type of secret aircraft make an appearnace? Can we get pictures of the agents that show up and see if we can match them to a government agency? Do they ignore the whole thing?

This would definitely take some skill, and you probalby would spend a month in jail afterward...but would it be worth it to see how everyone really reacts? Not since the War of the Worlds have we seen anything that tests our society. Plus who will show up? Anyway, that's my crazy-let's bluff the government and find some answers idea. Anyone know any other sneaky way of smoking these guys out?

posted on Jan, 13 2004 @ 02:20 AM
link   
With the amount of spy satellites monitoring the planet for air activity, I doubt there is a single UFO landing that they wouldn't know about. If one slips in under their radar, they most likely would realize its fake and not show up.

posted on Jan, 14 2004 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Has anyone thought about government adgents monitering the internet so they know what ppl are thinking baout them? What if they planted these ideas about spy satallites just to discourage such a hoax?

posted on Jan, 14 2004 @ 01:35 PM
link   
I think its a great idea!

might force the real thing.

posted on Jan, 14 2004 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Well, they'd send out the police, and the FAA, who would probably quickly conclude it was a hoax, and that'd be that.

No men in black would show up, etc. and you would have then set back the whole UFO effort about 5 years or so....

posted on Jan, 14 2004 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Easy to hide and I hope somebody does it.

posted on Jan, 15 2004 @ 04:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by heelstone
With the amount of spy satellites monitoring the planet for air activity, I doubt there is a single UFO landing that they wouldn't know about. If one slips in under their radar, they most likely would realize its fake and not show up.

Well I don't think the govt is that good at monitoring the skies. Radar doesn't pick up everything, and spy satellites have to know where they are looking and be in position...remember we barely got a fuzzy picture of Columbia in orbit when they decided to see if the wing was damaged (well that's the one they released to the media anyway). Still good points though and I know NORAD has the "electric fence" that goes out into space to monitor space junk.

So let's say, I still want to do this...to limit the FAA and control the police and other issues I would probably look at:

1) Maybe do this in a 3rd world country where I could bribe the police or local officials. Or just find an inept group of local police and officials.

2) I may have something that is the equivalent to tear gas that would keep people from getting too close to my fake UFO (at least until I get the expected secret military response). Maybe a nauseous odor, a bit of radioactive material that isn't deadly but would spike on any geiger counters and cause worry, and maybe some disorienting strobe light effects that would cause dizziness.

3) Remember I want to make it difficult for people to get to my UFO...I want them to see it by camera, but I don't want it to be easily accessable. So I'm talking about maybe a steep incline, canyon, plateau or swamp...something that you could see from a moderate distance, but not just walk right up to.

4) Maybe I even bribe the local news media...tell them to get close, hype it up, make the signal available to the BBC, CNN, Fox, etc. I only have to bribe the cameraman and reporter and they don't even have to admit it, they can just say they were responding to reports of a crashed aircraft and knew nothing of the hoax. I just want them to broadcast long enough so that we get a response.

5) I've got to make this a spectacle so the more people that I can get in on this to show up as a crowd...the more spectacular the response.

6) If I want to get some kind of radar blip to legitimize my crashed or landed UFO, I might use a radio controlled balloon or blimp that I can self destruct (a little burst of light may cause locals to call in and report strange lights, which would also hype this up) or maybe just let the air out so it quickly heads down to the ground (which would be a nice effect on a radar screen for a crashed UFO).

Remember I'm assuming I have a nice budget here and so I'm pretending I'm just a bored millionare (or one convinced of aliens). If I want to stick with the US, UK, Canada, or any powerful country as my landing site, I might do this in a remote area like a coastal island or a mountain region where I could limit the response time of locals (I just want my TV signal to get out for a while) but not so much for a well equiped special forces/ government agency response who could fly aircraft in.

Anyway I'm sure there are flaws in my plan and prison time is probably guranteed. And GAZROK is right about the ramifications of pulling off such an elaborate hoax. I'm sure after the War of the Worlds radio program people didn't take the possibilities of aliens as seriously since they had been fooled once before. But man it sure would be interesting to see who shows up at my little party.

[Edited on 15-1-2004 by Boogie]

posted on Jan, 15 2004 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Boogie

Originally posted by heelstone

Well I don't think the govt is that good at monitoring the skies. Radar doesn't pick up everything, and spy satellites have to know where they are looking and be in position...remember we barely got a fuzzy picture of Columbia in orbit when they decided to see if the wing was damaged (well that's the one they released to the media anyway). Still good points though and I know NORAD has the "electric fence" that goes out into space to monitor space junk.

So let's say, I still want to do this...to limit the FAA and control the police and other issues I would probably look at:

1) Maybe do this in a 3rd world country where I could bribe the police or local officials. Or just find an inept group of local police and officials.

2) I may have something that is the equivalent to tear gas that would keep people from getting too close to my fake UFO (at least until I get the expected secret military response). Maybe a nauseous odor, a bit of radioactive material that isn't deadly but would spike on any geiger counters and cause worry, and maybe some disorienting strobe light effects that would cause dizziness.

3) Remember I want to make it difficult for people to get to my UFO...I want them to see it by camera, but I don't want it to be easily accessable. So I'm talking about maybe a steep incline, canyon, plateau or swamp...something that you could see from a moderate distance, but not just walk right up to.

4) Maybe I even bribe the local news media...tell them to get close, hype it up, make the signal available to the BBC, CNN, Fox, etc. I only have to bribe the cameraman and reporter and they don't even have to admit it, they can just say they were responding to reports of a crashed aircraft and knew nothing of the hoax. I just want them to broadcast long enough so that we get a response.

5) I've got to make this a spectacle so the more people that I can get in on this to show up as a crowd...the more spectacular the response.

6) If I want to get some kind of radar blip to legitimize my crashed or landed UFO, I might use a radio controlled balloon or blimp that I can self destruct (a little burst of light may cause locals to call in and report strange lights, which would also hype this up) or maybe just let the air out so it quickly heads down to the ground (which would be a nice effect on a radar screen for a crashed UFO).

Remember I'm assuming I have a nice budget here and so I'm pretending I'm just a bored millionare (or one convinced of aliens). If I want to stick with the US, UK, Canada, or any powerful country as my landing site, I might do this in a remote area like a coastal island or a mountain region where I could limit the response time of locals (I just want my TV signal to get out for a while) but not so much for a well equiped special forces/ government agency response who could fly aircraft in.

Anyway I'm sure there are flaws in my plan and prison time is probably guranteed. And GAZROK is right about the ramifications of pulling off such an elaborate hoax. I'm sure after the War of the Worlds radio program people didn't take the possibilities of aliens as seriously since they had been fooled once before. But man it sure would be interesting to see who shows up at my little party.

[Edited on 15-1-2004 by Boogie]

i think its a good idea, i just dont see it working, apart from the fact that, the goverment are probably watching this website anyway.

would be a good thing to go ahead with, u would just need one very large budget

posted on Jan, 15 2004 @ 03:37 PM
link   
nah, sounds like fun but..

it would realy hurt the "ufo" people and "other crashes" you know what i mean!

posted on Jan, 15 2004 @ 10:58 PM
link   

I'm just thinking out loud, but what if someone thoroughly faked a landing. Let's say I pre-planned the whole thing and had a sizeable budget. I find an area that I can control people's view and access. Gather a bunch of friends (20+) who all pull their cars over and stick to this story that we saw this UFO land in this nearby canyon (you have to get enough people so that it looks legit and so it looks like a real event) Call up the local TV news agencies and then tell them that there's some fire that looks like it was caused by a crashed aircraft (if you say UFO they might ignore it, a crashed plane and fire always gets their attention) Have a saucer-like ship and dress up some guys as aliens and then pull a few special effects off. If we can, I would try to drag this out for at least 3 hours.

OK count me in...if you do it I want in on it...I'm serious. I got pals at my local TV stations...I'll get one of them in on it and they could video the "UFO" too.

---Matty (mattywhelz)

[Edited on 15-1-2004 by mattywhelz]

posted on Jan, 15 2004 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Reminds me of the "War of the Worlds" radio broadcast that was a joke. People believed it and thought the martians had landed and were attacking.

The War of the Worlds - the script

[Edited on 15-1-2004 by ZeddicusZulZorander]

posted on Jan, 15 2004 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Regardless of whether a UFO landing was faked or not I believe they would send out a UFO crash retrieval team and ceal off the area keeping civilians back. Think about it. If we faked it don't you think the government would still get pissed off about it and take immediate action? After all they are trying to keep the American people calm. Aren't they?

Mr. Mulder

posted on Jan, 16 2004 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Great idea, like to see that, why not do it here in ireland we have practically no air force (2 jet fighters i think) and our govenment is small and has know black projects or secret agencies..take the mibs a day or two to get here

posted on Jan, 16 2004 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Someones already done it.

In the UK, a group of people faked a UFO encounter over stone henge. A documentary of the hoax aired on channel four, as a program named "A very british UFO hoax".

The program confirmed all my theories about people who beleive in UFO's being stupid.

The reports of the UFO greatly varied, with an unsuprising amount of exaggeration, and really poor accounts of how large it was.

A few people had a camera to hand, and filmed the craft as it flew over. This footage was treated as a low priority news coverage.

I doubt the media would really react. Or the government for that matter. The "UFO" would have to land, open up, and have aliens walking out of it before people actually beleived anything.

The government would probably drive the president there to go wank them off in the usual "Welcome to earth" style.

posted on Jan, 16 2004 @ 05:24 PM
link   
if aliens did land, wonder if they would make a little translator like on mars attack and get us all blown up ?

posted on Jan, 16 2004 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by cleggy
if aliens did land, wonder if they would make a little translator like on mars attack and get us all blown up ?

I have this book of alien encounter reports. They are probably all fake, but make for some interesting reading.

Anyway.

There was this one particular account that told of an alien that spoke through a speaker that was attatched to a device the alien said "translated his telepathic thought waves". The alien went on to tell of how they were struggling with our dimensions physics, and how people in their dimension were trying to develop technology that worked in our dimension.

Interesting concept nonetheless.

posted on Jan, 16 2004 @ 06:38 PM
link   

The key is to somehow get it on the TV long enough to see 1) How did people react and 2) What does the government do?

My real motivation here is to see who in the government shows up. Do we see some sort of special ops group? Does some special type of secret aircraft make an appearnace? Can we get pictures of the agents that show up and see if we can match them to a government agency? Do they ignore the whole thing?

Plus who will show up?
This does sound like a real good plan, that is of course you want to go to jail.

How would the people react? I think that the public would not take it as being real, because we have such technology--hollywood, digital imaging, holographics, that the public would suspect a mass hoax. We, as humans in the western world, are socialized to such dramas on our media daily--wars, alien movies, fake pictures, there'd be no way of the public taking as real. There would be no chance because as soon as the media got there, the 'worldwide police organization' of the respective country would cease any type of media coverage of the event. Even today, we have no solid proof of actual alien crashes, because that type of stuff does not reach the public, as the secret alien police do a great job of coverup--media empires would have to cooperate of course, just like cbs not airing anti-George Bush senitments.

The agency to respond in such a situation would have to be an police organization of the respective country, one who has correspondence to other police agencies in different countries. An example, US would have the FBI respond first, then it is relayed to NSA or other secretive group. In canada, it would be RCMP, then they would relay to other agencies that deal with 'fallen alien looking craft'.--those that specialize, perhaps they would call the US FBI, and from there on.

We'd have no chance of getting close to such an accident, unless it happened in a highly populated area.

These secretive organizations would care, and such alien crashes hardly ever show solid proof to the public.

We need alien entities to expose themselves to the public directly, but, spending millions of dollars on such an alien crash is the job of hollywood.

posted on Jan, 16 2004 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Just saying that "the secret police cover it all up" makes hundreds of unscientific accounts suddenly become true.

For instance, I could claim there to be mystic cows that glow orange red and green, and the moment someone disputes it, I could just tell them that the "secret police" cover it up so well that nobody gets to see them.

If these secret police are so secret, how do you know of them? Truth be told, you dont. You are just bull#ting, because you WANT to beleive.

posted on Jan, 16 2004 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by AukerResearch
Just saying that "the secret police cover it all up" makes hundreds of unscientific accounts suddenly become true.

For instance, I could claim there to be mystic cows that glow orange red and green, and the moment someone disputes it, I could just tell them that the "secret police" cover it up so well that nobody gets to see them.

If these secret police are so secret, how do you know of them?
My definition of 'secret police' are such agencies as the NSA and CIA, black budgeted secret organizations, as these are often referred as secret--because the public will never know more than half of what they do! I know that these organizations are 'secret' because they don't like to let the public know what they do and probably never will, maybe only 15% of what they do becomes published.

There is phenomena out there in the skies that major public organizations would like to know about, and we refer to them as UFO's/ aliens, and there is a lot published material on aliens. I believe, because these secret agencies will not release info. on alien ufo's, under the catch-all heading, 'national security' reasons, which suggests they are hiding information on this phenomena. The governments never set out to study ufo's for the sake of public interest, instead, they study alien phenomena for the sake of their own governmental interest. Those who rule countries rule the world, and the regular people will never know half of what lies inside the secretive wall of 'black budgeted' agencies.

As for your claim of flying cows, I've yet to see any published material (scientific) on that yet.

posted on Jan, 16 2004 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Oh god way to reinforce your own stupidity man.

You even took my mystic cows joke seriously.

Aliens do not visit earth. If there are more stars in this universe than there are grains of sand on all the beaches of the world, then the chances of other life visiting earth is the same chance as you picking out a grain of sand that had been specially colored blue to represent earth.

Not only would you have to visit every beach on earth in order to do that, but you would also have to check out every grain of sand.

The government have no interest in UFO's because they are the ones causing them. They don't need to go round asking people questions about what they know about UFO's, they just watch the discovery channel for a bit.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join