It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Turkish City Built by Aliens

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 02:47 AM
link   
I don't know if this has been posted already. My homepage is set at Sympatico/MSN because I really don't care where it's set at. Anyway, when I was about to click to a bookmarked site, I came across something that caught the eyes.

Link:

Explore the Turkish City Built by Aliens

It's a short documentary type showcasing a ancient city in Turkey built by Aliens. I'm not sure if it possesses any truth because it's a tourist attraction and I would have thought the government wouldn't allow such a discovery to be toured publicly. Anyway, just thought I'd pass it along if it wasn't already.

Bless.

[edit on 7/31/2007 by Mystik Man]

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 03:38 AM
link   
I have seen another documentary about Cappadocia where they showed another outlook (more scientific) of the same rejoin.
Where by 4000 years a go in Central modern day Turkey, a tribe called the Hitties dug in to the soft volcanic rock to carve out an complex underground world. They strive for 800 years or so and then disappear completely with out a trace. What happen after; many other known civilization like Romans, Persian, Byzantines, Ottoman and also the early Christian took over the underground world so to control the passage from eats to west...the silk road and other trade route.
I don’t remember which Channel had broadcast this documentary...but if I remember and find it I will posted so you can see the archeological view of this rejoin.

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 07:46 AM
link   
In relation to the silk route, Cappadocia is a bit too much in central Turkey to have been a point on the route. The western leg of the route was from Ctesiphon to Edessa and ended in Antioch. Some traders may have used an overland route that went through Cappadocia but it was not part of the silk route.

To be honest I think we're doing the ancient inhabitants of the area a great disservice when bandying around ideas that aliens built the underground city.

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Yeah, I've seen video of the city before and it doesn't in the least bit look like it was beyond the reach of human technology to construct it.

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 08:06 AM
link   
The great silk road map from msn Encarta and orexca web site show that they did actually gone threw Turkey via Symna.
Symna which is not so far from Cappadocia, Silk Road Caravan Stop (Caravanseri).
Any way I will not argue about which silk road is the genuine one but what I will argue about is that I couldn’t find any relation to alien building the underground city there.
Some time we don’t see how creative all this old and scarce civilization where. We don’t have to attribute every thing to Alien...don't we!

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 08:13 AM
link   
I believe that the idea it was built by aliens originates with a certain Mr Erich Von Daniken ....... an idea later developed by Andrew Collins

www.xpeditionsmagazine.com...

Of course, it's equally possible they were built by an extinct race of intelligent, giant, pink bunnies (does the place not look more like a huge rabbit warren?
)

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 10:26 AM
link   
That link in OP is asking me to install IE. Never...

Anyway, this place looks like a mix of man made and natural formations, fascinating though.
If the aliens are really advanced, they would have used something more than sand and rock for construction.

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 03:50 PM
link   
What could possibly motivate you to say "built by aliens"?

Ah I see, the "alien" angle is all over the documentary, good for tourism I guess.
Shame they dont show the really impressive stuff there, the multi storey cave system that was inhabited by thousands of people.

[edit on 31-7-2007 by Rikhart]

[edit on 31-7-2007 by Rikhart]

top topics

join