It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What side to choose?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2007 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Dear members and freemasons,

I have a few questions more to myself then to you, but because it's about Masonry i hope i can find at least the path to my answer here - in this thread, with your help.

Please, take your time to fully understand me, because this thread can help other people too.

From 10 years now, I am researching more or less all topics witch can be found on ATS - Ufo's, paranormal activities, conspiracies etc. I am also a corresponding member of the IIS, and have contributed to some major things.

In all those years, I never had the time to learn about Freemasons, Illuminati and other "secret" societies. A few months ago, i came across a book about the masonic history, left from my grandfather. It was very interesting and shortly after that i buyed more books, to understand the philosophy more and more.

I like it. I really do. I have the feeling that all the philosophy, rules, understandings and goals on freemasonry just came out of my mind. The brotherhood, to respect all nations, religions, regardless of their believe or skin color. The spiritual understandings and goals into the smallest detail - perfection of the world, of yourself and your loved ones. The idea of one god (force, architect, etc.). And so on and so on ...

It's like i found myself in those books. If this is really true. My own understanding of the world, my own goals, my own principles and minds - i found the written on a history book. Really, it's quite strange. It's like you always lived like the bible said, didn't know anything about god and jesus and suddenly ran into a church and start reading the bible (just an example)

And now, I am playing with my mind - do i want to enter a lodge, if i can? I like, understand and do all the necessary things (at least those I know about) to be a mason.

Please, be so kind, to post your opinion on my case. Is such a free minded person welcome in such a circle? Is all the information about the brotherhood real?

There are many questions I don't even know - i hope i get some answers, to find the right path.

Thank You.

edit / gramar

[edit on 29/7/07 by absente]

posted on Jul, 29 2007 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by absente

And now, I am playing with my mind - do i want to enter a lodge, if i can? I like, understand and do all the necessary things (at least those I know about) to be a mason.

Please, be so kind, to post your opinion on my case. Is such a free minded person welcome in such a circle? Is all the information about the brotherhood real?

There are many questions I don't even know - i hope i get some answers, to find the right path.

Thank You.

Like you, I first became interested in Freemasonry by reading Masonic books, and a few anti-Masonic ones. Of course, I cannot predict if you would enjoy and learn from Masonic membership, but I've never regretted having applied for Masonic membership.

[edit on 29-7-2007 by Masonic Light]

posted on Jul, 29 2007 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Just keep in mind when you join any organizaiton, whether it be the Masons, boy scouts, or a bowling club, you are choosing to spend a considerable amount of time with a group of people. The joy you get out of your membership is less dependent on your views and attitudes towards the organization as a whole, but the people you spend time with in the organization.

If you are going to join an organization it is important that you get along with its members. Do not join masonry if you do not see yourself having fun with the local masons. If you do not share similar interests, attitudes, or beliefs you will not join the experience.n Find out what kind of activities the masons do and whether they are activities you like to do or would like to do. Ask yourself if your drinking habits are like theirs, or if your family situation is like theirs, or if your financial situation is like theirs. If they like to drink heavily and you do not (or vice versa) you will not have a good time with them. If you are a young single guy who likes to party, and they are old married men (or vice versa) you will not enjoy their company. If they go out and do activities they cannot afford (or vice versa) you will feel awkward hanging around them.

Another dynamic that effects your enjoyment is the level of dedication you are going to put into the organization relative to the other members. If you are gung ho, and the other members are luke warm, you will not enjoy yourself. Similarly, if you are luke warm, and everybody else takes the lodge much more seriously than you would like to, you will not enjoy yourself.

posted on Jul, 29 2007 @ 06:02 PM
link   
hotpinkurinalmint,
thanks for your balanced input on that topic.

The biggest problem for me is, that there are just a few masonic lodges here in Bulgaria with just about 400 - 500 active members. So it's not easy to find someone who can tell me more about the habit's, practices etc about the local brotherhood. Because this is something i can't know from books, because getting along with f.e. an American brotherhood can be the opposite of getting along with a Bulgarian - and vice versa.

I know, that i have to be recommended by someone to move on. But Bulgarian Mason's are ... hiding, at least most of them. Of course, i know some names, but i can't just go to them and say "hey, i like your brotherhood, can you recommend me".

I have all i need in my life - a wife, someday children, a good company which brings me good money and plenty of time. I want to expand my horizon, to achieve more important things. Money is nothing, it's just a tool. Power? If i wanted that i would be a politician (well, or banker) - all I am searching for is knowledge, science, community - a better future for my children, for my loved ones. I like the whole idea of Masonry.

posted on Jul, 29 2007 @ 07:13 PM
link   
I was wondering why you named this thread "What side to choose?"

Is there opposition between schools of thought that would be conflicting to you if you were to join a Masonic Lodge?

How many sides are there to choose from?

I was just wondering.............

posted on Jul, 29 2007 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Glad I could provide you with some help.

I am not a mason and am not from Bulgaria, so I could not tell you much about how Bulgarian masons function. My guess would be that like any group that adds new members, the Bulgarian Masons will want to have some formal or informal process by which it gets to know those new members. So if you are going to join the masons, you can use this process as a two way street, where you can take the opportunity to learn about the other people in the lodge just as they are taking the opportunity to learn about you.

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 04:06 PM
link   
This thread went nowhere fast.

OP would you care to answer my question I posted above?

new topics

top topics

join