It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

House may pass security bill today

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2007 @ 01:44 PM
link   

House may pass security bill today

news.yahoo.com

WASHINGTON - The House is expected to pass a homeland security bill and send it to President Bush as early as today. Last night, the Senate approved the package of security measures recommended by the 9/11 Commission, shifting more federal money to high-risk states and cities and requiring more stringent screening of air and sea cargo.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 27 2007 @ 01:44 PM
link   
This bill give more federal funding to those "high risk cities and states" and helps tighten up port security. What do y'all think, just tightening security or getting ready for a staged event?

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 7/27/07 by AcesInTheHole]

posted on Jul, 27 2007 @ 02:02 PM
link   
A "staged event," eh??? Wow...

You know, there probably isn't anyone on this board any more hostile or skeptical of our government than I am. However, I am rather amused at how many of you think that terrorists and terrorism isn't real. I really am.

You people are a bit too trusting of your true enemies in this world. That will be this country's downfall. Hell, let em all in here!! Who cares!!??

It's only our country. It's only our way of life. It's only our right to exist... Let's blame the government for this one and let all of those who would love to see each and everyone of your deteriorated bodies dragged through the street continue to pour into this nation... Yeah, in the name of "compassion" and "duty," let's all do that...

"Staged event," okay...

[edit on 27-7-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Jul, 27 2007 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth
However, I am rather amused at how many of you think that terrorists and terrorism isn't real. I really am.

I haven't made any claim of that sort, so I can agree with you there.

You people are a bit too trusting of your true enemies in this world. That will be this country's downfall. Hell, let em all in here!! Who cares!!??

I never said security was a bad thing, I just wanted some ATS'ers opinions' on the article.

Let's blame the government for this one and let all of those who would love to see each and everyone of your deteriorated bodies dragged through the street continue to pour into this nation...

I'm not blaming the government for anything, I'm just keeping a close eye on them.

posted on Jul, 27 2007 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Just read from the BBC news website the Anti-Terroism Laws have been passed by the House of reprasentatives:

The US Congress has approved an anti-terrorism bill implementing many recommendations of the commission which investigated the 11 September attacks.

So now they have past this what does this mean for you all over there in the US???

Source

Will this infringe more on your civil liberties?

posted on Jul, 27 2007 @ 09:02 PM
link   
I think its all a joke until they secure the southern border. At this point 100's of terrorists acting as illegal immigrants could be hopping the border every day.

posted on Jul, 28 2007 @ 11:53 AM
link   
There is some action on that front. This just happened yesterday:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Baby steps, but a start.

top topics

join