It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could we get in with robots?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2007 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Well, personally (heh) I think ninjas can sneak into Area 51.

I have this awesome guitar right? Well, I start wailing on it to get pumped and then I'd sock the guards in the face and then I'd storm the base. I'm in the secret base and just start flipping out and killing everybody else and just take all of their sweet technology.

They wouldn't even know that it's coming.

[edit on 07/27/2007 by IamCrazy]

posted on Jul, 27 2007 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by justanothergangster
what if i dressed up lie a robot with thick metal all the way around me and went in with a camera and a cable running back to you and ill line the inside with that blue ice to hide my body heat and even if i am caught there the ones thats screwed cause ill be naked under that suit and when they get me out of it im just gonna dance to cause confusion while you reel the line back in

I think you've got something here. Dancing naked has proven to be an effective method of distraction. You could be a decoy. While they subdue your naked butt, and try to follow the cable back to a predetermined location, (perhaps a strip bar in Las Vegas assuming we are infiltrating Area 51, to further distract them), we could be sneaking in though the backdoor. This is bloody brilliant, my good man. Bloody brilliant. I never even considered a distraction. You are willing to sacrifice your genitals for this cause, correct?

I'll take that as a yes.

Originally posted by ScriptKiddie
Human control, hell yes - still thinking on how though... Maybe sumone could sneak in in camo, but i doubt it highly.

When I was living in Las Vegas I began the application process for a job with Wackenhut. The job description claimed it was for an armed security position at a nuclear plant outside of Las Vegas. I've heard that Wackenhut is the civilian contractor that provides security for Area 51, though I have no source to verify this. I have reason to believe this so-called "nuclear plant" was actually Area 51, because of the vague location of said facility, and due to the lack of a description of where I would be working.

I backed out of the application process because one of the forms I had to sign claimed that I had to agree to risk my own life for the security of "nuclear weapons". I thought it strange that a nuclear plant would have nuclear weapons, but I was distraught at the fact that I had to risk my life for these horrible devices. So I didn't finish the process.

However, I could go back and apply again, and if it turns out to be Area 51, I may be able to get some information. However, I would be willing to bet that the security there knows nothing of the goings-on inside. I work security at a chemical plant, and the company has hired two men to be the "middle-men" between me and the chemical plant. I am not allowed to enforce any rules on the actual employees of the company, but only on contractors. Even this wimpy chemical plant BASF that I work for compartmentalizes, so it's justified to assume that top secret military facilities are also.

I am already considering anti Visual/heat/IR/Microwave measures, but its hard without actually knowing what measures are in place.

As I said before, I have a feeling the security measures are, for the most part, a smoke and mirrors kind of deal. It's all there to make you believe that security measures are of the utmost, but in reality the security is fairly lax. However, I find it hardly justifiable to risk imprisonment or death on this assumption, which only serves to lend creedence to my theory that it's all smoke and mirrors; and WORKS.

[edit on 27/7/07 by an3rkist]

posted on Jul, 27 2007 @ 04:13 PM
link   
You mean ROBOT imprisonment or ROBOT death? THAT i will risk!

You could always lie on the form and miraculously disappear your butt when the nukes are under threat! Sweet land of liberty... pfft

Dancing naked sounds effective - as long as someone else is being 'subdued' and not me! Although i kinda like the idea of building up a suicide army of civilians to sprint into the base with live transmitting video cameras and try to see as much as possible before being gunned down!

Back to the thread - i am conflicted. Does my wish for inside knowledge overpower my concern for a random stranger's safety after giving away possibly classified information? You know, i think it does!

edit: Smoke and mirrors? that gives me a half formed idea... And yes, the only EVIDENCE for security i have seen there are SAMS (not applicable) and the cammo dudes, but you never know

[edit on 27-7-2007 by ScriptKiddie]

posted on Jul, 27 2007 @ 04:37 PM
link   

i kinda like the idea of building up a suicide army of civilians to sprint into the base with live transmitting video cameras and try to see as much as possible before being gunned down!

I highly doubt ANY will be gunned down. The government knows they cannot kill people, even justifiably so, without a ridiculous amount of negative repercussions. Thankfully, the government still fears us and still needs our support. There's no way even a large group of people could make it into a top secret area though, as there's probably restricted access involving retina scans or face recognition, which are both already admittedly used by the NSA.

Back to the thread - i am conflicted. Does my wish for inside knowledge overpower my concern for a random stranger's safety after giving away possibly classified information? You know, i think it does!

If it does, you have some serious re-thinking to do. The whole reason we want to know what is going on, whether you believe it or not, is so that we can understand ourselves as a race. The implications of facilities such as Area 51 are that who we think we are is in question. Sacrificing fellow humans in the name of humanity is not only a hyposcrisy, but is a hindrance to the end goal.

And yes, the only EVIDENCE for security i have seen there are SAMS (not applicable) and the cammo dudes, but you never know

Based on my experience in both the military and the civilian contractor side of security, I would presume that the security is nowhere near as incredible as we are led to believe. However, as I said before, this is not a situation in which I would be willing to be a betting man.

posted on Jul, 27 2007 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by an3rkist

There's no way even a large group of people could make it into a top secret area though, as there's probably restricted access involving retina scans or face recognition, which are both already admittedly used by the NSA.

Did i mention they'd be armed to the teeth?
Smashing things will get you everywhere - supposedly - but now that you mention it the covert approach may have been best!

The implications of facilities such as Area 51 are that who we think we are is in question. Sacrificing fellow humans in the name of humanity is not only a hypocrisy, but is a hindrance to the end goal.

Yes, yes - you have a point. Its one step from there to "for the greater good", and we all know where that phrase leads...

And i too would not be prepared to bet on security there. What we really need is an expendable test subject (yes i mean a machine - im not totally disregarding what you said!) to give us some indication of security. Although i too feel that it is likely to be less than widely publicised - we're talking about a HUGE area to spread your security resources over here, and certain sensors aforementioned would constantly be being tripped by animals.

Still wondering about the possibilities of "smoke and mirrors"... use their own tactics against them!

Of course - there is the theory that "smoke and mirrors" is precisely what paradise ranch IS. Whoever heard of such a high profile secret military base? If they wanted it totally concealed, i believe it would be - but then maybe it is used as a threat to other countries:

"See that big black bit over there on the map Mr leader of the Sane person's resistance? well thats where WE test flying saucers we got from aliens and bleeding edge aerospace projects - so why dont you just sod off and play with China?"

posted on Jul, 27 2007 @ 06:18 PM
link   
well we could use like a rc car and cover it with a small yucca plant put the camera in there and get a few of those solar panels from those yard lights that would be enough to keep some r/c cars running but the camera im not so sure about but im fairly certain they wouldnt find it so you would be able to retrieve it later but you would need a live feed to guide it to a good vantage point in all this would prolly be an endeavor costing a little over a thousand dollars and wuite a few man hours

posted on Jul, 27 2007 @ 07:50 PM
link   

certain sensors aforementioned would constantly be being tripped by animals.

The security fence around the chemical plant where I work security is lined with fiber optic cable that senses movement. Every time it does, an alarm goes off and they dispatch one of us security officers to check out the area where the alarm was tripped. It's the same fiber optic cable that was used on the fences around the military bases I was at in Iraq.

I will most definitely get fired for the following revelation if my superiors read it, but the fact is it takes us a good fifteen minutes to get to the area of fenceline where the alarm was tripped. There's a very powerful camera that can zoom in on the area, and most certainly does when the alarm is tripped, but it's not like the person operating the camera can get it to that exact point in an entirely efficient amount of time. It usually turns out to be a piece of paper or other litter that the wind blew up onto the fence. When a piece of paper is discovered on the fence, the alarm is turned off and it's assumed there was no breach of secuity. This is how security works at the chemical plant I work at.

Now in Iraq we had a similar camera that could zoom in on a license plate from almost two miles away, but it also had thermal capabilities so it could see body heat at night. No doubt, places like Area 51 have at least this amount of technology. However, I would say that the security there is not that much more incredible than that of the chemical plant I work at, so I would presume there are definite flaws which could be taken advantage of.

Wow. I feel like there's a couple of government agents fixin' to bust through my door and arrest me for "conspiracy" of some kind. I'm merely stating information, use it at your own peril...

Of course - there is the theory that "smoke and mirrors" is precisely what paradise ranch IS. Whoever heard of such a high profile secret military base? If they wanted it totally concealed, i believe it would be - but then maybe it is used as a threat to other countries:

I think this is likely the case, though I have a feeling that it's not necessarily due to what the powers-that-be have conjured, but what the conspiracy theorists themselves have.

posted on Jul, 27 2007 @ 08:33 PM
link   
I say we make a robot (figure that out first), communicate with a cord. Yup, just a cord. no transmissions to be picked up, no radios, a cord. It beams whatever we need back through said cord. They find it, we blow up the innards of the bot to erase anything that might trace it to the maker, chop the cord with scissors, reel it up into a van, and go, go, go! If you can manage to make it to a busy road without being spotted by eye nor cam nor aircraft, you might have a chance.

But the robot design and stealth is not my part to partake in.

This is all hypothetical, of course, okay whoever's reading this post that might be sitting behind a computer in some giant office/room with several hundreds of others listening in on the public

posted on Jul, 28 2007 @ 07:01 AM
link   
Ok first up - would you want to be on the other end of that cord when it was discovered? A van is not exactly impossible to trace/follow in the desert! Also, a cord would limit the bot from penetrating perimeters of the base - it could only remain outside the base.

As for litter - im sure we could create something to hurl paper at the fence until alarm watching staff got so annoyed they stopped paying attention! Reminds me of a fictional book i read which detailed a design fault in an old Arizona prison - with tamper-proof doors which were constantly being tripped by wind and dust.

posted on Jul, 28 2007 @ 12:48 PM
link   

I highly doubt ANY will be gunned down. The government knows they cannot kill people, even justifiably so, without a ridiculous amount of negative repercussions.

Wow, may I officially say I wouldn't bet my life on it if I were you?

I know this is all playing with ideas but yes, they can in fact shoot you. Back in the 80's, more than one or two Germans thought that too and tried to get into various US installations that were marked for use of deadly force.

What they didn't know was, there were 'door prizes' for bagging them. If you made it past the fence, you might be worth a week's leave in some nice place, for example. The tower guards (infantry) got rotated back home as a door prize. Some people were worth more. There was idle talk of abducting the more worthy targets and tossing them over the fence.

posted on Jul, 28 2007 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tom Bedlam

I highly doubt ANY will be gunned down. The government knows they cannot kill people, even justifiably so, without a ridiculous amount of negative repercussions.

Wow, may I officially say I wouldn't bet my life on it if I were you?

I know this is all playing with ideas but yes, they can in fact shoot you. Back in the 80's, more than one or two Germans thought that too and tried to get into various US installations that were marked for use of deadly force.

I did not mean to suggest that someone attempting to infiltrate a top secret military base could NOT get shot, I meant that if an "army" of protestors walked onto the premises in a largely-publicized, peaceful act of rebellion that the government would be extremely hesitant to create a martyr. What people fail to realize is that the government does, in fact, fear us. If we banded together as citizens and as a majority protested a secret organization or facility, the government would be unable to do anything by killing anyone. However, I think that it would prove to be fruitless, as those citizens could not gain entry to anything top secret without the aid of those who work there. Many would be arrested, but I still highly doubt anyone would be killed. There was a thread about this a couple years back or so where the OP was trying to recruit a large group of people to walk onto Area 51. Nothing ever came of it... People fear being shot, even though I stand by my belief no one would be killed. Making an example of a few citizens would serve no purpose for them.

posted on Jul, 28 2007 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Ah, ok, sorry, I misunderstood you. Onesey-twosey, they might or might not whack you, it would probably depend on their exact orders, how far in you were plus how the particular guy that had you in sight felt about your threat potential or door prize value.

In groups, I would suppose that hasn't been tried? I don't remember hearing about that at Nellis. If you had fifty people trying to peacefully force their way in, I'm not sure how they'd react. I would expect confusion, then a mass response to corral you pretty forcefully. I don't think they'd roll up and machine gun the group.

You might get an almighty beat-down, though, and it sounds like prime chance for an accident.

posted on Jul, 29 2007 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Awww... peaceful? But weres the fun in forcing your way into a military installation if you're not armed to the teeth!?

Plus anyone trying to stir such an army would be taken away for conspiracy long before it actually acted, dont you think?

posted on Jul, 29 2007 @ 09:41 PM
link   

The security fence around the chemical plant where I work security is lined with fiber optic cable that senses movement. Every time it does, an alarm goes off and they dispatch one of us security officers to check out the area where the alarm was tripped. It's the same fiber optic cable that was used on the fences around the military bases I was at in Iraq.

I will most definitely get fired for the following revelation if my superiors read it, but the fact is it takes us a good fifteen minutes to get to the area of fenceline where the alarm was tripped. There's a very powerful camera that can zoom in on the area, and most certainly does when the alarm is tripped, but it's not like the person operating the camera can get it to that exact point in an entirely efficient amount of time. It usually turns out to be a piece of paper or other litter that the wind blew up onto the fence. When a piece of paper is discovered on the fence, the alarm is turned off and it's assumed there was no breach of secuity. This is how security works at the chemical plant I work at.

How strange it feels to quote myself.

I was wondering, did somebody read this and decide to try and see if I was telling the truth? I'm not gonna say too much, but I will say I'm very pissed if somebody did because I was at work for sixteen hours today because of an "incident". Shame on you!

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Haha! Well it wasnt me...

What kind of incident, or cant you say? Just random strangers throwing things at the fences?
Count me in!

posted on Aug, 4 2007 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Haha! Well it wasnt me...

What kind of incident, or cant you say? Just random strangers throwing things at the fences?
Count me in!

Well, I suppose if they want to fire me they can. I feel like one of "them" trying to keep it a secret.

One of the contractors was leaving the parking lot and came up to me and told me somebody had just jumped the fence. I was like, "Somebody just broke into the plant?!"

And he said, "No! They just broke OUT!"

Apparently a drunk guy had found a way into the plant, which has since been taken care of, and couldn't find his way back out without jumping the fence. He politely waited for the police to come and take him away, without any argument...

It was the day after I posted that last reply, so I thought maybe some ATSer got drunk and said, "Yeah, screw that plant!" And broke in for no reason.

Oh, what have I done???

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Hilarious!
Promise it wasnt me... But You know you're in trouble when a drunk gets caught breaking OUT!

Im working on CPU schematics, by the way (for a totally unrelated and non robotic purpose, of course
) and i've just been on holiday - so sorry if i was missed... although i doubt i was

heeheehee... breaking out...

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Erm- sorry to doublepost here, but does anyone out there with a vague grounding in CPU circuitry know of any units out there with a seperate internal unit for comparisons with feedback, which would essentially mean that high level if() statements could be used in assembly code?

I have a theory for a next-gen comparator but im not sure if its original...

If it is, woohoo! patent office here i come!

If it isnt, help would be appreciated, i feel like im trying to reinvent the wheel here!

Thanks - dont mind the jargon if you dont understand it, but feel free to look it up; 's interesting stuff... which proves how little of a life i have, i suppose

top topics

<< 1   >>

join