It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Military To Crackdown On North American Union Protesters

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 12:02 PM
link   
I think the topic title doesn't really demonstrate the significance of this. I think a new thread should be started outlining the main issues that not many people actually seem to know about.

A 15 mile deadzone and no one seems to care! It doesnt make any sense.

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 12:06 PM
link   
There is a preliminary protest starting from 1:00 pm EST at Ottawa city Hall, moving to the US and Mexican embassies, then toward Parliament Hill, I'll likely miss the embassies protest, but I'm heading down to Parliament hill right now... wish me luck.

LONG LIVE A FREE SOVEREIGN CANADA.

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kacen
Also it would help to unify us and help towards a one world government which in my opinion is a good thing, it would help stop wars.

I agree, but I wouldn't want a one world government or a north american union formed without the knowledge or support of the population of all countries involved.

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by johnsky

Take a camera and post pics/video. I wish I could join you guys.

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 02:42 PM
link   
This deal of allowing US troops into Canada is a few years old and was kept quite from the public.

Montebello SPP Summit: Canada's Sovereignty in Jeopardy: the Militarization of North America
by Michel Chossudovsky

~~
The Deployment of US Troops on Canadian Soil

At the outset of US Northern Command in April 2002, Canada accepted the right of the US to deploy US troops on Canadian soil.

"U.S. troops could be deployed to Canada and Canadian troops could cross the border into the United States if the continent was attacked by terrorists who do not respect borders, according to an agreement announced by U.S. and Canadian officials." (Edmonton Sun, 11 September 2002)

Canadian Sovereignty
~~
Operating under a "North American" emblem (i.e. a North American Command), the US military would have jurisdiction over Canadian territory from coast to coast; extending from the St Laurence Valley to the Queen Elizabeth archipelago in the Canadian Arctic. The agreement would allow for the establishment of "North American" military bases on Canadian territory.

www.globalresearch.ca...

[edit on 19/8/2007 by Sauron]

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Just got back from todays protest.

All went well. Check out the news, I was at the very front of the march for most of it, you may just see me, look for the guy wearing all black with medium length dark hair...

Anyhow, it was completley peaceful today. We cannot afford any violence today, as todays march was to raise awareness of tomorrows REAL protest.

Sorry, I didn't bring a camera, I thought about it, but forgot the camera in the end.

The march started from parliament hill, proceeded down the main streets, past the US Embassy (we gave a special "salute" to it, lol) then proceeded past the mexican embassy, then back onto parliament hill.

Attending the protest was a US war vet who defected to Canada after his tour was renewed to go back to Iraq, other war vets were there, along with many other high profilers.

What does it feel like to be at the front of over ten thousand people marching through the streets? Wonderful! Freaking Exhilerating!

I'm going to pay close attention to the media to see if I can see myself.

Am I ever pissed off with what they are trying to do to our wonderful sovereign nations.

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Yep, just saw myself on the news 3 times.

Anyhow. What really irks me about this is how closed doored this summit is. The US, canada, and Mexico may just lose their sovereignty practically overnight... and it wouldnt matter how many people are opposed to it.

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 06:17 PM
link   
This is pretty simple to understand and there is nothing to worry about since officials of each country made agreements that allow US and Canadian military personnel to cross the border during a terrorist attack. This makes sense and eliminates lots of red tape if something were to happen. I have no problem knowing that the Canadian military will come help the US out in time of need and vice versa. If you can't understand a simple agreement that allows friendly forces to operate on each other's land after or during a terrorist attack then I don't know what will make you feel safer.

There are numerous reasons why the community center wouldn't be rented out the day before a meeting like this would take place. Security of the delegates is the number one concern so i'm sure they will need time to sweep the area for bombs as well as other required security measures to be put in place. Did anyone this about that? They must have some intel that mentions a possible negative outcome so they have to put countermeasures in place to help avoid these situations.

I think the North American Union is a good idea. The world has to break down these barriers and bring mankind together. Having seperate gov't doesn't do anything but cause problems. Having the militaries come together will increase security for this region. That is a good thing and having NorthCom around will streamline how operations would go during an attack on this region. Taking advantage of all the resources of the area is logical but if you don't like this you better start voting in people that share your ideas.

I don't fear change and this is going to happen sooner or later so you better start putting your differences away and be ready to become friends.

I can't wait for the day when all of the Americas are united. That is a future that I would like to see.

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by NJ Mooch I can't wait for the day when all of the Americas are united. That is a future that I would like to see.

Well, that's just tikity-boo for you, but outside of admitting Hostess 'Real Fruit' Fruit Pies into the Great White North, there's not a single thing I'd like "equalise" with our bretheren to the south. Not health care, not spelling, not nuthin'. Thanks fer thinkin' of us, but no thanks, eh?

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 10:06 PM
link   
I really don't understand Canuck jargon, but i'm thinking that you don't care for this to happen. If i'm wrong please let me know, otherwise I would get ready to accept the changes that are taking place since the US and Canadian gov'ts are going to work hand in hand in certain areas, especially the military.

Why can't you accept this and think about all the new opportunities that may come your way instead of the Hostess fruit pies you mentioned and not caring for the way things are in the US? Maybe you don't know how things really are in the US and have a distorted idea from the inputs you have been subjected to. Have you ever lived in the US? Have you ever been to the US? Where do you get your ideas from about the US? It is hard for me to understand you when I don't know where your coming from and what you have experienced. Limited exposure to another country will only give you a limited view of it.

This interaction between gov'ts will help NorthCom prepare and react during terrorist attacks. Understanding how processes work in both countries will prepare them in the event something bad goes down. No matter what you may think of the US's healthcare system, schooling, way of life, we are all in this together if a bomb goes off that spreads destruction across the border.

If you are wondering why i'm replying, i'm trying to figure out what Canadians think of this. Are there more people like you up there? I haven't been there, don't plan on living there, but I would like to visit. From what I have seen and heard the US population thinks Canadians are ok people. Not better or worse, but the same. I don't want to assume anything, but i'm sure it goes the same for how the US is viewed from a Canadian perspective. We all got our pros and cons, but if we share the pros then both countries will be better off.

Enjoy the fruit pies and i'm sure there will be more Americanization coming your way.

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 12:31 AM
link   
nj Mooch,

do you think it would ba a good idea to get rid of all the individuals states governments 1st?
Before trying to point out the benefits of a NAU? surely it would be a great benefit to totally remove US and just have America, 1 land 1 law.

Then let your own law enforcement peole make arrest anywhere in the America's.

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 12:31 AM
link   
[edit on 20-8-2007 by puzzled2]

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by NJ Mooch Enjoy the fruit pies and i'm sure there will be more Americanization coming your way.

So, do you try to get a lady into your bed using the same brand of irresistable reasoning? Cuz your seduction skills are sorely lacking. Thanks again for your interest, though, eh?

ps...pay us a visit so's you know what you're talking about.

[edit on 20-8-2007 by JohnnyCanuck]

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 04:33 PM
link   
As far as getting rid of the state gov'ts first, I would leave them as they are but use them as part of the bigger system. There would be a lot of work needed to figure this all out, i.e. all the seperate state constitutions would have to get removed and replaced with the universal one, but it is possible and it would benefit everyone. Uniformity makes sense and would make things easier to understand as well as enforce. If the military is doing it the rest of the gov't can too. This new gov't would have to be well thought out and have a new system of checks and balances since it would be much bigger then what we are use to.

As far as the comments from our Canadian member, I will visit Canada one day and see if the data I am reading about is true. Becoming a war fighting partner is serious business and I would like to know the reaction of Canada's population when friendly forces cross the border to help them out. Your reaction to this is just one of the many that would happen.

You also failed to answer my questions so I can't figure out why you act the way you do. Are my questions that difficult to understand and answer?

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 06:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by NJ Mooch You also failed to answer my questions so I can't figure out why you act the way you do. Are my questions that difficult to understand and answer?

Pretty much, oui. See, we all speak French up here so our English is kinda' sketchy at best. Maybe if you can reduce your questions to a few really simple elements, I'd be able to figure out what it is you need to know. By all means, come and check us out, though, as long as that language thing doesn't get in the way.

Oh, and bring some of those fruit pies along...with 9 months of winter, and three months of bad skiing, we use those Hostess delicacies to keep the scurvey down, eh? They last forever!

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 07:21 AM
link   
I don't recall any votes taking place in any of our 3 countries, yet it seems the powers that be are doing this anyway and without our permission...

I'm American but tbh, if I were Canadian, I wouldn't stand for the fact American forces are keeping you from protesting in your own streets...

this is complete BS..

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by C0le
I'm American but tbh, if I were Canadian, I wouldn't stand for the fact American forces are keeping you from protesting in your own streets...
this is complete BS..

Indeed...give tha' man a cigar...Cuban, of course

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by C0le

I agree, seems to me that already without the citizens approval or even here in the US the congress, the new NWO is already exercising their power over the nations they are to rule.

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Ok.... this is all a little sureal to me. from what i understand, the US made recomendations that were obeyed by property owners in canada. Stupid move... whatever.

during this summit it was decided that we need US soldiers on Canadian soil (under the comand of Canadian forces) if there was a "disaster."

What is bugging me, is i read the globe and mail today and there was an article about the summit, but nothing was reported about the results other than a superhighway reaching from Canada to Mexico. they mention the protestors and how rowdy they were, but the real kicker, Bush and Stockwell Day (canadian public safety minister) took a private "bike ride" around the hotel and had a private discussion, with no report on the content. that is just creepy, what do those to have to talk about that we all cant hear?

there was no mention that i could find in our national paper that described how US soldiers would be permitted on Canadian soil. Either it is not true, or we have some seriouse problems up here. I might as well go back to reading the province.

Canada has nothing to gain from a NAU. the only ones that will gain is the US they are the ones that are running out of resources. No offence to my american brothers and sisters, but your country is becoming damaging to ours. If you dont clean up your own back yard, i think we Canadians should think about closing our borders to American problems.

And to those that think we should just let America in or else they will force thier way in.... just try it, you will soon find out the true meaning of friends and why America does not have any... well except israel.... good ridance.

Thank Pierre Trudeau for opening our borders to every nation in the world and treating them well when they got here, now we have backup.

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by NJ Mooch You also failed to answer my questions so I can't figure out why you act the way you do. Are my questions that difficult to understand and answer?

OK, I got taken to task by njmooch for not taking him seriously...perhaps even having a little fun at his expense and he u2u'd me looking for an explanation. I figured that since I gave him a hard time quite publically, I'd explain my reasoning on the thread as his opinions and queries may well represent the thoughts of others.

However, my opinions are my own and my Canadian cohorts will understand when I say my politics are Left/Liberal. First and formost, Mooch, what you don't acknowledge in your comments is that we really are different up here. We may look the same, and speak the same (John Roberts, Peter Jennings? ...Canadian) but by and large we think differently which has a lot to do with our history and the shape and texture of our society. We are not American, and by and large we like it that way.

Incidently, I really like the States, and Americans. I've travelled fairly widely in the US, as recently as a week in the Poconos last summer.

A North American union is based upon harmonisation. Why is that a threat to us? Well, we're guessing that nobody is going to raise American and Mexican social safety nets to the level of Canada's. We gripe about our health care, but you won't find a lot of lower and middle class that wanna swap with the US. We also don't want anybody calling any more dibs on our resources than Free Trade already has. As in “Hands off our water!” I repeat, we like being Canadian.

The vast majority of us don't want to fight US wars (like Afghanistan), and as to the military, while we have a history of sharing strategic defence, we don't annoy as many folks as the US, so not as many folks wanna bomb our buildings because of overseas adventurism. We like our military to be peacekeepers. We don't want to be American.

What can I say about Quebec? Go there, and see why our Shreddies are bilingual...so's our soul. The Left Coast...the Mountains, the Prairies. Toronto! The Atlantic Provinces...hell, we have Provinces! How provincial is that?

I could go on and try to define the Canadian psyche, compare melting pots to cultural mosaics, introduce Rick Mercer and Russel Peters, explain why two loonies equal a twony, account for Newfoundland...the list is endless. Instead, I will challenge the curious to do a web search and look around. The brave might even wanna visit. Djmooch, your powers of persuasion were not seductive enough, and the practical aspect of union neither works nor matters.

We have a beer commercial that says it all: “I Am Canadian!”

Screw the Three Amigos.

[edit on 22-8-2007 by JohnnyCanuck]

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join