It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Science chief: cut birthrate to save Earth

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 04:55 PM
link   
The united states is one of the few countries that population is in decline. It is because of better healthcare. People tend to have a lot of kids in lower economies just to create a home labor force. When people have higher healthcare with access to birth control, and a better quality of life, they have fewer kids.

It is the countries that feel the burdern, where the people can't be fed now, like some African nations and other third world countries.

Some of it can be pinned to Cathalosicism for bringing the religion to those countries and enforcing the no birth control agenda.

The first step would be to force the Vatican to retract its agenda on birth control.

[edit on 31-7-2007 by nixie_nox]

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Excuse me are you saying that US has better healthcare? Compared to who?

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Plus, the US's population is definatively not in decline.

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Birthrate needs to be shut down. No brainer. Catholics and Muslims, getting it through to them is rocket science. We need more help for couples to adopt children rather than leave them to the horror of a care home, the misters aren't always nice either.
What we need to work out is, whether its two children per woman or one each and you have to share your quota........

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by redled
Birthrate needs to be shut down. No brainer. Catholics and Muslims, getting it through to them is rocket science. We need more help for couples to adopt children rather than leave them to the horror of a care home, the misters aren't always nice either.
What we need to work out is, whether its two children per woman or one each and you have to share your quota........

Didn't you read my post about how low birthrates could potentially doom humanity? It's not a NUMBERS game (the food is there) it is a DISTRIBUTION game.

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Cobblers, in the long run it is a numbers game, we grow exponentially until our food runs out, because we have a tendency to breed. You will be glad to hear that we are now going to have 200M high farms that have many levels of nourishment. This is going to put an impossible load on our planet (circa 20bn people) and I am sorry to reaffirm my position, we are screwing this planet.

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 08:34 PM
link   
I believe the evidence is strong that as long as political oppression is not in play, famine should not be a problem, even in growing populations:

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 08:57 PM
link   
That's rubbish. Everything is finite on this planet. That is the new economic adjustment.

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 09:28 PM
link   

That's rubbish. Everything is finite on this planet. That is the new economic adjustment.

Hasn't anyone ever taught you the law of conservation of matter?

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Ever heard of entropy?

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Some scientists think that life has developed its own solution to entropy, that is, negentropy. I don't know much about this idea as I just stumbled upon it but I do find it fascinating.

posted on Aug, 1 2007 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Nice, but wrong, if you look at the energy required to sustain life and that disapating from the planet and the sun that maintains us, we're back onto an over picture of entropy. Pockets where order is taking place use up energy to maintain that order and net add to entropy.

posted on Aug, 1 2007 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Birthrate needs to be shut down. No brainer. Catholics and Muslims, getting it through to them is rocket science...

Ahem. I,m a Catholic and I understand the need to put a limit on childbirth.

Plan for the rebalance of Mother Earth.
Get all the people who are too busy playing "hide the sausage" to go plant some trees

Seriously,it really gets to me when the governments are doing a co2 footprint campaign and there are still millions of co2 absorbing O2 producing forests being destroyed year after year..

Doesn't anyone get that if the population keeps expanding and our oxygen supply keeps getting depleted.. cough cough choke..

Or is that too simple.?

posted on Aug, 1 2007 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Fair enough, the institution doesn't really help your argument though.....

posted on Aug, 1 2007 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by uberarcanist
Plus, the US's population is definatively not in decline.

Sorry, I am not good at articulating. and I usually have to post in 30 seconds or I lose my window of opportunity. Life with a gregarious 19 month old.

What I meant to say was that the birthrate is in decline. The only reason the population is increasing is because of immigration. But there are other countries like Japan and someone else that are also in decline.
usgovinfo.about.com...

The thing is, that yes the earth can regulate itself. Through disease, famine, etc.
That being said, do we really want to have our population cut that way? wouldn't you rather people impliment birth control instead of having everyone wiped out by a plague?
There are more pleasant ways to do things.

[edit on 1-8-2007 by nixie_nox]

posted on Aug, 1 2007 @ 07:57 PM
link   
The population of White Europeans is already shrinking, yet the population in Europe is rising

how ? immigrants who take 6 kids easy.

so if you want to stop overpopulation look at the African and muslimworld.

posted on Aug, 1 2007 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox
The united states is one of the few countries that population is in decline. It is because of better healthcare. People tend to have a lot of kids in lower economies just to create a home labor force. When people have higher healthcare with access to birth control, and a better quality of life, they have fewer kids.

It is the countries that feel the burdern, where the people can't be fed now, like some African nations and other third world countries.

Some of it can be pinned to Cathalosicism for bringing the religion to those countries and enforcing the no birth control agenda.

The first step would be to force the Vatican to retract its agenda on birth control.

[edit on 31-7-2007 by nixie_nox]

wrong

the population in islamic lands went up like crazy when we started giving them oil money and money to help them, they used the money to have a population explosion, if they didn't had the money they had to control the population otherwise there wouldn't be enough money and food for everyone.

posted on Aug, 1 2007 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Alright, I simply don't believe that entropy is a useful or even true theory. Look at it this way-entropy postulates a movement from complexity to simplicity, order to disorder. But the entire history of the cosmos seems to suggest the exact opposite has happened!

posted on Aug, 2 2007 @ 03:21 PM
link   
There are 350,000 illegal immigrants "babies" born in the USA every year...We allow 2 Million immigrants to come to America every year..do the math.

posted on Aug, 2 2007 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox
The thing is, that yes the earth can regulate itself. Through disease, famine, etc.
That being said, do we really want to have our population cut that way? wouldn't you rather people impliment birth control instead of having everyone wiped out by a plague?
There are more pleasant ways to do things.

Having men in black uniforms come to your house to take your 2nd or 3rd child away doesn't sound pleasant to me. How many children would be too many? Our government should be busy trying to fix our problems, they could be making them worse. If we start trying to regulate birthrates, what does it mean for the public if we are wrong? The population could start dropping real fast if these people's calculations are wrong.

By the way, population control utilizes birthrates as well as deathrates, so it's not far off to say they could, or already have used such things as war and diesease to control populations. If you let them regulate birthrates, it won't be long before they start toying with deathrates, if they haven't already.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join