It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Science chief: cut birthrate to save Earth

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2007 @ 12:53 PM
link   
This is really amusing. Industrial civilizations are dying because their birthrates are too low! Japan, Russia and Italy are on their way to extinction. The endgame is that there will be a lot of elderly with no one to take of them and no resources to pay for their retirement.

However the islamo-fascists are commanded to have babies like crazy. That is one clear path they see to defeating the West. European nations, in their infinite wisdom, seeing their birthrates dropping, decided to import this plague to prop up their failed welfare states. The result is eurabia and soon an islamic caliphate. The islamics will not go along with a limitation on their jihad babies.

Get ready to bow down to mecca or die infidels.

posted on Aug, 3 2007 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Global warming....is a natural occurrence. We have tropical plants under our ice up here in Alaska. Its a shame our children are not taught science and history in our schools the way they fill their little heads with Global warming, gas is bad...oil is worse
Whats really bad is our kids can't spell, do 10th grade math and have their little heads full of fairlyland ideals about life and what they should be doing about their futures. All these bunny huggers and its okay sexually to do as you please..no matter that your 11 years old. Kids today need to be protected from people like Al Gore and all the teachers out there who fill their students heads full of lies about most things that we need to keep this country together as a nation.

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 12:01 AM
link   
I have for a very very long time held some very unpopular views on population and the crisis it is causing for our planet. I was probably one of the only people on this board who realized that we have now passed the point where we could feed all of the people even if we wanted to (nobody talks about that, as if starvation is just a fact of life, well, it wasn't thirty years ago. It would have "only" been a matter of routing the global resources to where they were needed on a planetary scale. I realize that this is very very unlikely to have ever happened, but that is no longer an option. Not even if we stop feeding the cows.) Only prey animals in the wild have as many children as we do. Women who can decide for themselves how many children are viable in their societies often choose to have fewer and fewer as their confidence in their free will and their confidence in their offspring's survival grows. I have seen this splashed across the media as "concern" about lower birth rates in industrialized countries (and in more vitriolic press on the hard right wing as the "browning" of america) Who is concerned? Why? I think women who are "allowed" to think, think. I was born in America. For that I am eternally grateful. I have power over my reproductive choices. I face societal pressures daily about my choice not to have children. But these are voices, not stones. These pressures are not ones that can make me have as many children my body can bear before it wears out or just one. I am allowed my life to live as I see fit. How many women in the world can say that. Do you know? Do you care? The "One child" policy in China is an horrific example of what is happening when the free will of women is taken from them. They are forced to have only one child. (Because they do not have enough resources to feed them all. They have known that for a long long time) Their culture demands a son (sound familiar?) so learn for yourself what they do. It depresses me to talk about it. Ask Tibet about some of the reasons for the invasion. How far do we go before we grow up? How bad does it have to be? Do you really want to let it go that far? I am sick of the divide between "womens issues" and "real" issues. If we had paid attention to what the Taliban was doing in Afghanistan when it was "only" a "womens" issue those towers might be still standing today.

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 11:46 AM
link   

I don't know about you. But me personally. I have done nothing to rape the planet. And I'm guessing if your not a big time corporate CEO you have done nothing either.

Maybe it should rich peoples rape of the planet.

I agree with this and evertyhing else you said in both posts DarkMile77 .

It's pretty incredible that poeple tell us to use specil lights,drive hybrids,don't drink bottled water,and whatever else they want.Yet they live in huge mansions using as much power as half a damm town.Own 20 cars, fly in seperate jets everywhere they go,have their personal chef make them some healthy food,the list gos on and on..

By the way i love how healthy food is more expensive.

[edit on 5-8-2007 by Project_Silo]

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 07:55 AM
link   
ya when the GOVT pays farmers to NOT raise crops , we cant feed 12billion ppl

but lets say half of us became farmers (theres plenty of open land in N and S america for setting up multi-lvl hydroponic farms etc

we could easily feed 20-25billion

thats if we get rid of our corrupt leaders who are creating this situation out of thin air just for an excuse to get rid of us (cuz alot of us threatens their hold on power greatly)

and what if we run out of room on earth for growing food? well, build spacestations and send ppl up there and have them make farms up there

really theres 500 solutions to this where we can AVOID DE-POPulation!

anyone thats pro-de-pop is clearly just hateful towards ppl and wants to see them perish --- cuz the cold hard facts are ppl only starve today cuz the GOVT wants them to

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Speading the population around won't solve the problem. Yes, people are starving and living with bad water. But why are they in this situation? That is the question to answer and the problem to solve. The countries that are doing fairly well are doing so because the people of the country have certain values that extend the capability of that society. Countries that don't have the values of education and societal advancement are not going to prosper like societies that do.
Farming methods in North Central Africa are expanding the Sahara Desert every year, no matter how many times the farmers are taught drought resistant farming techniques. Why? The farmers either resist the new knowledge or wait till the teachers leave and go back to the old ways. The population of the Amazon Rain Forest smile and take the training and aid and wait for the foreigners to leave so they can fell another 20 acres of forest and burn out the stumps. You can't change an established society from the outside. It has to change from the inside.
It sounds like a cruel thing, but the best thing that can happen to these societies is for the so called affluent peoples to stop giving them welfare. Stop sending them cargoes of free food and medicine. Let them realize that they are going to die if they don't change their ways. They stand on the brink of an abyss and smile because the white mans guilt will prompt him to save them. If we didn't prop them up, they would have to either evolve and prosper or become extinct. But either way, they would have done it themselves. The same way our ancestors did and the same way that every advanced society in the world did.
By all means, give them access to the knowledge and information to save themselves, but don't wrap it in a bag of rice.

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 03:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by shots

Originally posted by AcesInTheHole
infowars.com

by improving contraception, education and healthcare - we will stop the world's population reaching its current estimated limit of between eight and 10 billion
(visit the link for the full news article)

What a dolt! He does not seem to have his oars in the water. Improving healthcare will extend life not shorten it.

My two cents would be lets get rid of the scientists claimng global warning is causing all the problems by spewing hot air like this.

[edit on 7/23/2007 by shots]

Well I'm afraid you've shot yourself with the dolt remark. There is a direct correlation between poor health and increased birthrate. The reason is that in areas of poor health people tend to have more children in case some of them die. This is because children are required to "work" for the family so that they can survive. However the net result is a far higher birthrate than is necessary to counteract the higher death rate. So the population increases.

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 05:16 AM
link   
Global warming is one of the greatest con jobs of this century – deny ignorance I suggest overcome ignorance.

On the subject of feeding the world’s population, I believe we can feed the world’s population if we stopped big business and governments from using the food chain as a commodity for making billions and billions of dollars and for controlling people. There us no reason why anyone should stave when you look at the food that is dumped annually. It is about equity and we live in a world that is inequitable when it comes to the sustainability of mankind. We can change this if there is a will to do that. It is about the rights of people and not the rights of business.

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Malcr, I agree. Societies that have a high infant mortality have a lot of pressure on them to have many children just to ensure that some of them survive. Global efforts to increase childhood survival rates were supposed to be a boon to this planet. The efforts of the World Health Organization to erradicate childhood diseases has not seemed to me to increase the confidence of these mothers enough so that they feel comfortable having only a few children, instead of several. Indeed it cannot, as this is only a symptom of a greater problem.

I told you earlier in this thread that my views were not popular. Ensuring the survival of the children without the societal guarantees of freedom to choose how many and when only increases exponentially the number of children being born. It only increases the number of children who are unsupportable. I wish it wasn't like this, but we have to stop wishing and start behaving just a teensy bit more evolved.

This planet has a finite amount of room and resources. Do you really want to chop down the last tree, drain the last ocean, starve the last wolf and eat the
last whale before you decide that too many is too many?

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join