It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Science chief: cut birthrate to save Earth

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2007 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Science chief: cut birthrate to save Earth

infowars.com

The new head of the Science Museum has an uncompromising view about how global warming should be dealt with: get rid of a few billion people. Chris Rapley, who takes up his post on September 1, is not afraid of offending. 'I am not advocating genocide,' said Rapley. 'What I am saying is that if we invest in ways to reduce the birthrate - by improving contraception, education and healthcare - we will stop the world's population reaching its current estimated limit of between eight and 10 billion
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 23 2007 @ 03:41 PM
link   
I just can't believe people openly discuss population reduction, as if it's a good thing. It makes you wonder why they are pushing the global warming agenda so agressivly on us.

infowars.com

posted on Jul, 23 2007 @ 03:48 PM
link   
I think eventually in order to save our planet we're going to have to have a limit on how many kids a couple can have.

Has anyone seen that family of like twenty or so on the Discovery Channel? They just keep having kids and don't stop, like they're trying to re-popuplate the world or something. They might be Mormons or something. The daughters have to wear these dresses that look like they were made out of curtains. Their freakin' grocery bill is in the thousands.

Honestly, it's not funny, somebody need to sterilize that mother.

Peace

[edit on 23-7-2007 by Dr Love]

posted on Jul, 23 2007 @ 04:58 PM
link   
I see nothing wrong with it as long as its in the form of birth control. Much less violent than genocide. But also i could see an idea like this getting out of control pretty quickly. LOL, you should see the movie 'Idiocracy' for a reason to do something about it.

posted on Jul, 23 2007 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by AcesInTheHole
infowars.com

by improving contraception, education and healthcare - we will stop the world's population reaching its current estimated limit of between eight and 10 billion

What a dolt! He does not seem to have his oars in the water. Improving healthcare will extend life not shorten it.

My two cents would be lets get rid of the scientists claimng global warning is causing all the problems by spewing hot air like this.

[edit on 7/23/2007 by shots]

posted on Jul, 23 2007 @ 05:25 PM
link   
When I was born a little over 45 years ago the population on the planet was approximately 3 billion people. In that short time the population has more than doubled to about 6.6 billion.

What if I live to 80 or 90, will the population be 12 billion ???

I don't see how the world can feed that many people, let alone house, cloth, and give everyone a decent standard of living. I don't know what point the population needs to get to in order to break the camel's back, but you can see already the poor beast is straining under the current load.

posted on Jul, 23 2007 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Well if he feels so strong about this maybe he should be an example.
He needs to get the ball rolling.

posted on Jul, 23 2007 @ 05:34 PM
link   
I believe the world needs to do what China has done and force a one child policy on the people. Humans are no better than dogs in many senses, and like dogs, we overpopulate because we have that animal instinct to do so without looking into the future. I don't think people need to be killed, but I definitely think people need to stop having so many babies. This is the only reason why I REFUSE to have a kid of my own,

posted on Jul, 23 2007 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love
I think eventually in order to save our planet we're going to have to have a limit on how many kids a couple can have.

Has anyone seen that family of like twenty or so on the Discovery Channel? They just keep having kids and don't stop, like they're trying to re-popuplate the world or something. They might be Mormons or something. The daughters have to wear these dresses that look like they were made out of curtains. Their freakin' grocery bill is in the thousands.

Honestly, it's not funny, somebody need to sterilize that mother.

Peace

[edit on 23-7-2007 by Dr Love]

I don't see anything wrong with having as many kids as possible. AS LONG as you can take care of them. 20 kids and no government welfare. I wish they could have 20 more! We need more self-sufficent people in this world.

It's the one's having kids and go straight on welfare, or get additional benefits from welfare, that is the problem.

If you need government assistance to take care of your baby, you shouldn't have one. Instead of giving more money for more babies, the government should take away benefits after the 1st one.

posted on Jul, 23 2007 @ 06:13 PM
link   

I just can't believe people openly discuss population reduction, as if it's a good thing.

According to what's written, he's advocating "population growth" reduction.

I agree with "population growth" reduction, for those that are expecting a handout. As RR said...

I don't see anything wrong with having as many kids as possible. AS LONG as you can take care of them. 20 kids and no government welfare. I wish they could have 20 more! We need more self-sufficent people in this world.

I have been blessed with three little boys. Soon after #3 was "hatched", I received a vasectomy as to not have any more. I remarried to a woman that had two little girls of her own, and boy am I glad I got fixed. Five kids is quite the handful.

I take care of 7 people by myself with no assistance from anyone. I also know of some people that live in this small town, having only one child... refuse to work... and expect the government to serve them with a silver platter. :shk:

[edit]And to finish my thought (
) ... I don't believe in the global warming fiasco that the governments are thrusting upon us. There's been absolutely no proof positive of any claim towards "man" causing the end of the world. If I can't be given irrefutable proof... I can't believe.[/edit]

[edit on 7/23/2007 by Infoholic]

posted on Jul, 23 2007 @ 06:35 PM
link   
People need to take it upon themselves to stop breeding! If not, mother earth will do it for us and it won't be pretty and she will not discriminate.

There is absolutely NO reason to have more than one kid (to replace yourself) per parent. Having 20 kids, even if you can take care of them (without handouts) is not the issue. Its the amount of consumption and waste produced by all the diapers, food etc.....

Earth cannot sustain the projected population in the coming years. Global warming or not. Look at the damage we've done so far!

I have also decided not to have kids! For 2 reasons:

1. This is not the world that I grew up in. Things are so fast paced and people are so selfish, cold and cruel & things are gonna get worse as population increases and the struggle to survive get even more competative. Without a doubt!

2. Next time you are stuck in nut to butts traffic on your way to work, look at the smog around your city. Too many f'ing people.

Earth is sick and either we decide to control the birthrate or like I said, Earth will do it for us!

[edit on 073131p://upMonday by QuasiShaman]

posted on Jul, 23 2007 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Look, you can either learn from the facts, or you can ignore them.

If you look at the facts, you will soon learn the harsh truth of it.
Either we voluntarily decrease our birth rate, so that our numbers do not increase further, or we will reach an inevitable famine/war for survival resources.

Either way, our numbers WILL come down.

We can either do this the easy way... or we can do this the REALLY easy way.

Volunteer, or die in ignorance. Your choice.

apc

posted on Jul, 23 2007 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by RRconservative
If you need government assistance to take care of your baby, you shouldn't have one. Instead of giving more money for more babies, the government should take away benefits after the 1st one.

Yeah I'm not too keen on punishing the child for the mistake and/or stupidity of the parent(s)... Actually it kinda seems like you're making your own case for eugenics there.

I don't see a need to widescale thin the herd. All the old people will die first anyway, and they're the ones driving the rust buckets that belch out bad juju.

Then again who knows... maybe that's what the real purpose behind Queer Eye for the Straight Guy was.

[edit on 23-7-2007 by apc]

posted on Jul, 23 2007 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by QuasiShaman
2. Next time you are stuck in nut to butts traffic on your way to work, look at the smog around your city. Too many f'ing people.

Earth is sick and either we decide to control the birthrate or like I said, Earth will do it for us!

IMO having children is a god given right. Raising awareness on overpopulation may be ok, but it's not our governments job to control the population, nor will it ever be.

If we spent more money on research for new clean fuel sources there would be less polution, a much simpler solution than population control.

posted on Jul, 23 2007 @ 06:54 PM
link   
What happens if only the "educated" people voluntarily stop having kids?

What future do we have with a dumbed down populace?

Thomas Malthus pondered the effects of overpopulation about 300 years ago, when we had about 600 million people on Earth. He was wrong then, just as the alarmists are wrong now.

posted on Jul, 23 2007 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by QuasiShaman

Just out of curiosity... how many people are in the car with you when you're stuck in traffic?

posted on Jul, 24 2007 @ 02:09 AM
link   
If people just think logically on this issue they can see it is mathematically impossible with the way things are now to support huge population increases.

posted on Jul, 24 2007 @ 03:10 AM
link   
Almost everyone seems to be missing one very important facet of human existence. We are designed to reproduce as we do because we are designed to explore. If we stopped piddling about, and got out onto other worlds, there would be a HUGE reduction in the population, as many entrepreneurs and their families all headed out into space to pursue a life of prosperity. There would, as a result of this absence, be a need for as many children as this planet can pump out at a time, to keep the flow of people moving.

If we ever have any hopes of saving humanity at all, we need to start grasping at opportunities as they come, else we'll be phased out just like the dinosaurs before us.

One of the first survival tips that's given to anyone in a survival situation is that you take ANY opportunity to get ahead that you can. We're sitting on the brightest minds that have ever existed, stifling them, for what? So that a few men can make a quick buck? It's time that we start focusing on what's important for humanity in the long run. And that, my dear friends, is the ever-expanding presence of the Human race in the cosmos.

TheBorg

posted on Jul, 24 2007 @ 05:49 AM
link   
In my opinion it would also be good to spread people abit more evenly troughout the world. Make the deserts habitable and stop people from gathering to certain big cities and countries.
Having children maybe 'god given right' or 'natural' and so forth and some think that it is ok for a couple to have as many kids as they can, but do you even stop to consider that we are already stretching the limits this planet can handle? If we'd spread the welfare of the world evenly with 6 billion people that we have now then we might have just enough resources for everyone. As it is they're spread quite unvenly and some live in luxury and welfare and others are lucky to get the days meal and have never seen clean water.

posted on Jul, 24 2007 @ 06:26 AM
link   

IMO having children is a god given right. Raising awareness on overpopulation may be ok, but it's not our governments job to control the population, nor will it ever be.

And it's God's own Laws of Nature (Government's damned anyway, for entirely different reasons) that'll have to be faced if we don't own up to being responsible for what we do. Earth is the only place we have to live...If we don't take care of it, it'll certainly take care of us.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join