It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Underground Base in the Chinese - Indian Border

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2007 @ 03:05 AM
link   
I have come across this interesting information today. Would like to verify this with ATS members about it's authenticity. Looks very interesting though. Is it really possible that something like this is going on in the Indi - Chinese border without the information of the outside world? Will it have some implications in the long run ( if it's true)?

Kongka La is the low ridge pass in the Himalayas (the blue oval in the map). It is in the disputed India-China border area in Ladakh. In the map the red zone is the disputed area still under Chinese control in the Aksai Chin area. The Chinese held northeastern part is known as Aksai Chin and Indian South West is known as Ladakh. This was where Indian and Chinese army fought major war in 1962. The area is one of the least accessed area in the world and by agreement the two countries do not patrol that part of the border. According to many tourists, Buddhist monks and the local people of Ladakh, Indian Army and Chinese Military maintain the line of control. But there is something much more serious happening in this area.

www.ufodigest.com...

What's your take on this?

AryanWatch

posted on Jul, 23 2007 @ 03:16 AM
link   
This article looks convincing and plausible to me for more reasons than one:

1. This area is totally uninhabited forever. It comprises of snow,rocks and glaciers. It would provide a perfect hideout for any such activity. The solid rock formations would definately provide a lot of protection in the event of an attack.

2. China and India have had excellent relations( except for the 1962 war) and are like two giants on the rise. It would make sense for them to keep the world uninformed about these activities.

3. There are not many who would believe this to be true which is all the more reason for the success in keep this secret.

AryanWatch

posted on Jul, 23 2007 @ 03:34 AM
link   
First off, let me quickly point this out...

If you post something that is not 100% your own writing or work you must use the QUOTE BOX TAG, post NO MORE THAN 15% of the original (or three paragraphs, whichever is least), and GIVE A LINK TO THE SOURCE MATERIAL.

Please Read - Posting Work Written by Others

The article you found is very interesting, and suggests that there is some strange UFO activity going on in that area. We need to find more data to corroborate this article. I'd really like to see what our members can dig up.

Cool find!

[edit on 7/23/2007 by damajikninja]

posted on Jul, 23 2007 @ 04:31 AM
link   
DN - Thanks for the observation. I will follow the instructions going forward.

This article had really fuelled my curiosity and I'am looking forward to responses on this. Also, i will find internet material relevant to this and post it here.

Thanks again...

posted on Jul, 23 2007 @ 04:37 AM
link   
Another input on the subject - It is said that many tourists and mountaineers have been stopped from entering these areas without any reasons except - Access Denied. Why would the Armies of these two countries stop unsuspecting tourists to venture into these areas. I fail to understand the logic.

posted on Jul, 23 2007 @ 04:44 AM
link   
Aryan, I hate to be a nag... but always try to keep from double-posting.

I would really like to find documentation of some kind about people being kept out of the area. What are they doing up there?

As Johnny-5 once said, "More input, Stephanie!"

posted on Jul, 23 2007 @ 04:50 AM
link   
The news story originates from India daily - which is like Pravda.ru or the Weekly World News ....

Unless there is verification from another source one should treat the story with great caution

posted on Jul, 23 2007 @ 04:57 AM
link   
Very true, Essan. As I mentioned above, I would like to see more information about this from other sources. The OP's article suggests some very interesting things happening in Indo-China. If it can be given credibility, then we may have a new Area51 type thing going on.

But without further evidence, this will only be unfounded speculation. I have my fingers crossed that this does turn out to be something of interest, but am still awaiting verification.

What else can we dig up about this?

posted on Jul, 23 2007 @ 05:01 AM
link   

Unless there is verification from another source one should treat the story with great caution

Essan - You have a good point. I went back to ggogle for help and came back with the below links.

www.mysterious-america.net...

www.cosmicparadigm.com...

trailfire.com...

www.ancientx.com...

I'am really confused about a lot of stuff that's written in these links. And quite frankly I have not done a detailed research on the subject. Please let me know if you come across anything.

DN - Thanks again

posted on Jul, 23 2007 @ 05:09 AM
link   
A friend of mine once told me about something he had heard about a huge hollowed out cubic cavern that had been melted into a mountain near china.

I have no evidence or verification regarding this, but the thought amazes me...

posted on Jul, 23 2007 @ 06:03 AM
link   
Some very prominent questions have been asked in the external source below:

The other alternative is that it is an underground strategic Air Force base of some one. Then why will either country allow the base on the official no man’s land in the highly sensitive disputed border areas? Why is this region continuously reporting UFO sightings from various kinds of people?

Taken from: www.ancientx.com...

I'am still in the process of sifting through lot of material available on the net.

posted on Jul, 23 2007 @ 07:24 AM
link   
I came upon this story a few months ago and decided to try to research it. I googled any variation of the place, I zeroed in on the place with google-earth, I looked for other UFO tales from the broader area...and found nothing. This is how internet myths start. someone publishes an article and in 5 years from now this article will have been re-published all over the internet. And then people will think "Well, its published all over the place so there must be some truth to it".

I had already given up on the subject, but I will try once more. A question to you all: WHERE would we have to look in order to find out more about the area? Any people from northern India here at ATS?

posted on Jul, 23 2007 @ 07:30 AM
link   
FWIW, I've read a very similar report of an underground ET base in a remote area of China, supposedly first-hand, by a westerner. It was about 6 months ago and my memory of it is vague, but I do recall he actually claimed to have seen one of the openings in a ravine. Didn't bookmark it, sorry.

Of course the problems with these reports are that they are hearsay and unverifiable, and that's why it dropped out of memory.

Nonetheless an interesting read; maybe someone remembers this story and provide a link to it.

posted on Jul, 23 2007 @ 08:57 AM
link   
is this kongka la? if you search googlemaps for kongka la pass' coordinates (34.330000, 79.050000 / +34° 19' 48.00", +79° 3' 0.00") you can see some strange hole/funnel like structures just a bit west of it ... anyone knows what those are?

edit for typos.

[edit on 23-7-2007 by Lamâshtu]

posted on Jul, 23 2007 @ 09:15 AM
link   
I've heard about this before,

some link it to the hollow earth theory, very interesting subject. David Icke does cover this in one of his books (i think it was him). The subject matter here is very fascinating and many questions surround it too.

The locals do speak of a legend surrounding the Himalayas.

SOMETHING is going on over there. Countless eyewitnesses have seen the same object in the night sky. India did have secret test facilities while building her nuclear weapons program, but nothing on the Chinese border. For obvious reasons, you wouldn't couldn't conduct that sort of research on a border with a potential enemy.

It's been a few years since I conducted an ATS research project, but maybe it's time I considered another.

posted on Jul, 23 2007 @ 09:59 AM
link   
I saw those holes on google-earth as well.

Infinite: We dont know much about it because we cant read chinese and indian ufology magazines. I really do think an ATS research project should be opened on this.

posted on Jul, 23 2007 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
I saw those holes on google-earth as well.

Infinite: We dont know much about it because we cant read chinese and indian ufology magazines. I really do think an ATS research project should be opened on this.

i'm gonna start reading up on the subject now, making some notes, speak to a couple of contacts i know.

then i'll get the research project going

posted on Jul, 23 2007 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Aryan, sorry to prick your bubble!! This stuff-in-the-Himalayas is a load of !@#$%^!!

You see, the original source is - hold your breath - India Daily!!
Now I got hold of this 'news', I think sometime way back in 2005, from the same article in this daily. I wrote to the editor several times asking him to identify that so called staff reporter and the credibility of this info. But I received no reply.

You see, I have operated there in Leh and Ladakh for quite some time conducting spec ops and so know the area pretty well. There's absolutely nothing out of the ordinary, I assure you. Or we would've known if there was something fishy going on.

Yes there were a few coloured balloons that blew across from the Chinese side, but these were just the meteorological types.

India’s Special Forces and intelligence agencies visit the area... www.ufodigest.com...

Yeah right! And we didn't find hair nor hide of those so called lights (UFOs). So all this is a load of pure unadulterated bullsh!t!

Relax, Aryan! There's nothing to really get excited about!

Cheers!

[edit on 23-7-2007 by mikesingh]

posted on Jul, 23 2007 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Nice find man
. I wanted to point out pravda.ru is a Russian news organisation. (My family reads it
Russian news is just like White House Intelligence or Fox News...a contradiction haha)

I've thought of that before, why would the ETs, assuming they don't want to be discovered, agree to build bases in places that aren't like..Siberia, Khazakstan, Antarctica, Obscure Brazillian forests, etc. Why would they choose places like...New Mexico.

Someone brought up the whole "to be close to governments" arguement once... but then I called them stupid because ETs can travel at speeds fast enough to cross galaxies and sectors or the universe, I'm sure Siberia to New Mexico isn't an issue for them.

Edit: Bah, I'm too slow of a poster. Still a nice find man but I'm disappointed that its not true...would have been cool or something new for ATS to go wild on.

[edit on 23-7-2007 by Vinci]

posted on Jul, 23 2007 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Hey people, I am from India and let me tell you, I have heard about this since a year or two now. I don't have much faith in the story...well it is from India Daily. Not that there are no UFO activity out here, I myself have seen one and there are UFOs reported out here. But as usual you don't hear about them from the media.
And its impossible that there will be any military bases out there, after all its very near to Pakistan and India and China relations are not that good either...
AriS

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join