It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The NinjaCast | Discontinued?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2007 @ 01:40 AM
link   
Hey guys.

Some of you may know that I do a little podcast from time to time entitled The NinjaCast. There are currently 3 episodes recorded, with one failed attempt at a live recording via Skype.

I realized when trying to do the live show that there really wasn't much member interest. After that, episode 3 was released, and I still have no comments from anyone on that. My programs do not collect many flags, if any at all, and of course ATS MIX is way better than my show.

What I want to know is, who actually listens to The NinjaCast? What could I do to make it better? Am I wasting my time; should I discontinue the The NinjaCast?

Thanks for your honest feedback. After all, I'm only doing it for you guys.

- Da Majik Ninja

posted on Jul, 23 2007 @ 11:37 PM
link   
No... tell me how you really feel!!

I can't even get any interest in a thread that discusses cancelling my show.

Maybe I should try waiting a full 24hrs before griping. heh heh
I still have my assumptions though!

[edit on 7/23/2007 by damajikninja]

posted on Jul, 24 2007 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Something tells me that either:
A) Nobody gives a hoot about The NinjaCast or...
B) The podcast forum is a backwater that nobody checks.

If I still don't have any comments by tomorrow, then I will take the hint and discontinue the show.

posted on Jul, 28 2007 @ 03:54 AM
link   
Ok, still nothing!
Show canceled!

posted on Aug, 3 2007 @ 04:18 AM
link   
damajikninja,

I would not take anything in the podcast forum personallly.

I know for a fact it does not happen to be the most popular area on ATS.

I'm almost positive most users don't even know it exists.

Just because no one called in on skype does not mean you should quit your podcasts.

I have a few out that no one responded to
. Do I worry about that? No. I keep on keeping on.

So should you.

I would love to hear another ninjacast. Just because no one responds doesn't mean no one listened.

If you see 'page views' it means that someone is listening and reading your posts.

Release another podcast. This time, don't worry about responses.

Do one for you. It shouldn't matter if no one responds. This is something you're supposed to do to contribute. If you feel you made a worthwhile contribution, does it really matter if others respond?

Unless you're looking for some gratification, in that case I think you've done a great job on your podcasts
. Its not easy and it takes a good deal of cahones to do so. You don't see everyone getting their voice out on the net.

Its a very courageous thing to risk embarassment for the sake of others and I commend your efforts. And don't let this site get you down, there's always next time.

How many people are podcasting at this time? There's only a little over 2,000 total casts, probably a few per caster. That means there's only a few hundred people doing this so far. And how many members are on ATS in total? Hundreds of thousands...

Main page of Member Podcasts

All member podcasts list

Don't worry, be happy

Vent. Tell everyone you dislike ATSers not responding to your podcasts! I'd love to hear another one.

Heck, if you want I'll respond to one of your podcasts or we could come up with some sort of debate to get the rest of the members involved. Shoot me a u2u if you're interested in something like that. We can work out the details later.

[edit on 3-8-2007 by biggie smalls]

posted on Aug, 4 2007 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Hi MN

Don't be discouraged with the amount of feedback to your podcasts. I listened to it and I know a lot of others like me listen to all the podcasts on ATS.

As you can see from Biggie Smalls links above I was one of the original prolific podcasters on ATS and for a time there it seemed it was really taking off as we had a cadre of about a dozen good podcasters and we even had the occasional podcasting discussion thread.

But things died out and that was too bad. I feel the main reason they did die out was for the reason you are feeling like giving up now. That is, lack of feedback. Even the best produced shows eventually died out and it is only the likes of Dave and Johnny who go on to greater things.

I have some theories about why this happens and I would encourage you to think and give me some feedback on the following points.

1. Content - I think this is the major podcast killer. No good content. You have to ask, why would people want to listen to this? Will it be a worthy use of their time? Especially those who have to download via dialup. Imagine spending a few hours downloading a podcast only to get some guy rambling incoherently about not much at all.
This is why the likes of Johnny, Dave et al work as podcasts.
2. Asking for input - Another killer of podcasts. The moment some guy asks for input into what you think he should talk about is the moment that podcast show has jumped the shark. Why would anyone want to hear what you think? What makes you (not specifically you, just anybody) so interesting that people will jump in and ask your opinion?
This is why the likes of say, Justin Oldham, someone who seems to be in the know are always interesting
3. Diatribes - Look at the most succesful podcasts, or indeed radio shows out there and you will see not many consist of one person rambling on. Groups or two individuals having a conversation are what people like to hear I think.
4. Format - A consistent format seems to go down well as well.

Don't be discouraged, we would all like to resurrect the salad days of ATS podcasting and anybody else who has any input would be welcome to let us know what you think is the cause of podcast shows dying out.

posted on Aug, 4 2007 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Hey email me at [email protected]

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 02:23 AM
link   
For someone who was complaining about lack of feedback you aren't too good at giving it yourself....

What's the story? Are you in a huff or are you composing your replies?

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by howmuchisthedoggy
For someone who was complaining about lack of feedback you aren't too good at giving it yourself....

What's the story? Are you in a huff or are you composing your replies?

Ouch! You got me! lol

There have been a few threads pop up lately that has held my attention... especially the "ADD Misinfo from the NWO" thread... it has gotten ugly in there and I have been beaten up by a lot of people in there.

Anyways, I did reply to biggie in a U2U - just hadn't gotten around to replying to you yet.
U2U'ed and emailed penroc as well.

As far as your post goes, it has certainly been taken to heart... matter of fact, I have been considering your ideas for the next episode of The NinjaCast.

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by damajikninja
There have been a few threads pop up lately that has held my attention... especially the "ADD Misinfo from the NWO" thread... it has gotten ugly in there and I have been beaten up by a lot of people in there.

I'm sure you're well able to handle them...!

As far as your post goes, it has certainly been taken to heart... matter of fact, I have been considering your ideas for the next episode of The NinjaCast.

I look forward to it!

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Hey Ninja, don't give up the ship! I know how hard it is to keep on doing the podcast when you get little to no feedback but what Biggie said is true, every page view equates to a listener; at least that's the way I look at it. I almost quit too and sought the advice of one wiser in the force than I, who helped me realize that I do these podcasts mostly because they are a hell of a lot of fun and because even if only 30-40 people listen to it, at least it's making a difference for them. Mostly, I do them because it makes a difference to me; and I know that if I keep on putting them out there and making it known, to one and all that they are out there, I'll eventually have a larger audience.

The question you have to ask yourself is what do you expect to receive from your podcasting; fame and fortune? Your u2u box overflowing with praise? Well then, you are probably doing it for the wrong reason. Do them because you enjoy doing them and because no one else can explain what the world is like from your perspective but you. Sooner of later the general membership of this site is going to discover the podcasts and when they do you should be there to greet them with another Ninjacast.

top topics

join