It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Black Knight from Space

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 06:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by nomadros

Originally posted by _Phoenix_

Originally posted by JFKDOALOL
With mandarin being spoken by nearly 14% of earths population , and english about 5% , it just doesn't make sense that aliens would communicate in english .

English is more spread out over the world thou. And a lot more people in power probably know English compared to mandarin.
edit on 6-11-2012 by _Phoenix_ because: (no reason given)

Err...if the "probe" was/is 13,000 years old then the main language of Earth "humans" at the time of its launch would have been "grunt." Just sayin'

Many believe now advanced civilizations have existed many hundreds of thousands or millions of years in the past.

The Sphinx is believed to be over one million years old.

The Bosnian pyramid itself is believed to be about 30,000 yrs old.

Article on the biggest pyramid in the world - the Bosnian pyramid

Compendium of ancient civilization articles

edit on 7-11-2012 by PlanetXisHERE because: addition

edit on 7-11-2012 by PlanetXisHERE because: spelling

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bilky
Black knight was found to be directly echoing signals transmitted from earth. it was perplexing to scientists, just like everything that they encounter if they cannot understand it they ridicule it.

No, when we find some enthusiast echoing silly unfounded myths, we ridicule HIM.

The Long Delayed Echoes and the 'Black Knight' mystery sat are two separate 'space age myths' that some creative writer, aiming at a credulous audience of which you are a worthy member, strung together into ONE story. I'm surprised he didn't tie in the Mary Celeste and Bigfoot.

Ridiculous.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by PlanetXisHERE
Many believe now advanced civilizations have existed many hundreds of thousands or millions of years in the past. The Sphinx is believed to be over one million years old.

I've always found such theories intriguing -- they've been part of sci fi and the Sunday comics for many decades.

Upon reflection in adulthood, I sadly abandoned the theory based on geological fact: when this current civilization began in earnest, it found easy-to-reach mineral resources -- from oil to copper to coal -- right at the surface, on all continents, for the easy pickings. As they fuelled and strengthened our technology, the easy lodes were exhausted, and deeper/harder locations had to be accessed.

Nobody had been there before, not for millions of years.

Now -- spacefaring 'velociraptor sapiens' -- THAT'S an idea that's immune to geological disproof. So I remain open to its plausibility.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by JimOberg

Silly unfounded myths?
So now the Mary Celeste did not exist?

Of course Bigfoot and his kind exist. If not, a thousand people all over the world have been lying about it for over 200 years.

Lying must come natural to all you skeptics to believe otherwise.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by JFKDOALOL

I think if it was true they would maybe be advanced enough to speak in a language to the people that would understand it. if 95% of the world spoke african but the 5% who could travel in space and had the best technology it would make more sense to speak in that language, plus it would be the one they heard more through tv, radio signals and so on throughout the years.
edit on 7-11-2012 by ThePeopleParty because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThePeopleParty
reply to post by JFKDOALOL

I think if it was true they would maybe be advanced enough to speak in a language to the people that would understand it. if 95% of the world spoke african but the 5% who could travel in space and had the best technology it would make more sense to speak in that language, plus it would be the one they heard more through tv, radio signals and so on throughout the years.

You do realize that there was NO 'speaking' in ANY language, right? The story that said the message's words were such-and-such, was lying to you. The claimed message was symbolic only. Can you recognize this author's deception?

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by JimOberg

Black knight was found to be directly echoing signals transmitted from earth. it was perplexing to scientists, just like everything that they encounter if they cannot understand it they ridicule it.

No, when we find some enthusiast echoing silly unfounded myths, we ridicule HIM.

The Long Delayed Echoes and the 'Black Knight' mystery sat are two separate 'space age myths' that some creative writer, aiming at a credulous audience of which you are a worthy member, strung together into ONE story. I'm surprised he didn't tie in the Mary Celeste and Bigfoot.

Ridiculous.

Tsk Tsk jumping to conclusions I see. i know about the lde phenomenon but this was directly related to black knight itself. they worked out at the time that its position was relative to basically all transmitted em signals at the time. The true delayed echoes are still happening today, radio recievers are picking up world war two transmissions some 60 yrs late. Anyway most so called scientists dispute that but then why wouldnt they. They burned people at the stake in the past for such heresies.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by spiritualarchitect

But I s*****d out all the abusive words when I ridiculed him?
Which is what he just posted that he does to others.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by JimOberg

Ridiculous.

Tsk Tsk jumping to conclusions I see. i know about the lde phenomenon but this was directly related to black knight itself. they worked out at the time that its position was relative to basically all transmitted em signals at the time.

I'd really like to learn more about this claim -- what's a good link?

The true delayed echoes are still happening today, radio recievers are picking up world war two transmissions some 60 yrs late.

Cool. Did anybody think to have a time-tagged voice recorder going? Where can I read more about these claims?

Anyway most so called scientists dispute that but then why wouldnt they. They burned people at the stake in the past for such heresies.

Scientists did? Please be more specific with an example or two.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 08:57 PM
link   

The Black Knight

While both the United States and the Soviet Union were racing to launch relatively small satellitesinto orbit in the late 1950s, astronomers and military tracking stations were following the course of something

huge.

On January 4, 1960, scientists discovered two large objects in a polar orbit. To dateneither the U.S. nor Russia had achieved a polar orbit. The objects were estimated to weigh at leastfifteen tons. The largest U.S. satellite at that time weighed 450 pounds and the largest Sovietsatellite 2,925 pounds.Late in February 1960, the U.S. Department of Defense formally announced that an unidentifiedsatellite was circling the globe. It was tracked and studied by several different observatories and the National Space Surveillance Control Center at New Bedford, Massachusetts. Professor AllaMasevich, the Soviet scientist heading the Russian Sputnik tracking program, flatly deniedsuggestions that the mystery satellites belonged to the Soviet Union.The press labeled the intruder ”The Black Knight” and it was extensively discussed in the

New York Times

Newsweek

Life

, and other major periodicals.It vanished as mysteriously as it had arrived. But it has quietly reappeared from time to time ever since and been buried in the fine print of NASA's weekly catalog of debris and objects orbiting theearth.

Echoes from Space

If a satellite from another world exists, is there any way we can communicate with it? Dr. Ronald N.Bracewell of Stanford University addressed this problem in an article in the British scientific journal

Nature

(May 28, 1960). He noted that communication with planets in other star systemswould be difficult, if not impossible, because of the great distances involved. But if some other civilization has already planted a satellite in our solar system there might be some way tocommunicate with it. The question is: How?Radio experimenters in the 1920s noted a strange phenomenon which they labeled LDE – LongDelayed Echoes. Signals sent out from earth sometimes came bouncing back several seconds later,as if they had been reflected back by something in space. In a few instances these LDEs returned days later. This effect was unexplainable unless something was picking up the signals in space and retransmitting them.

Researchers in Norway, Holland, and France reported LDEs in 1927, 1928, and 1934. The echo pulses were delayed from three to fifteen seconds and the researchers kept careful records whichwere duly filed away and eventually forgotten. In more recent years, LDE has become an extremely rare phenomenon. However, between 1957 and 1961 when the Black Knight was most active, allkinds of odd radio signals were received by radio astronomers, ham operators, and military stations.Some of these signals seemed to be receding from the earth as if the transmitter were mounted in anobject that was traveling out into space

The above is an extract from page 18/ Disneyland of the gods by John Keel. it does not say directly that Black Knight directly relayed any messages but the inference is clear. I will try to get some more info regarding LDE's that have been recieved decades later, as i remember recently reading an article about a world war 2 HMAS destroyer message being recieved by ham operators
which was later found to be in the correct classified naval code for the time, some 50yrs after its original transmission.

Greetings from Epsilon Bootis

A young Scottish astronomer named Duncan Lunan reviewed the LDE records of the 1920s and setout to decode them. He laid out the LDE data on a graph, using dots to represent the pauses betweenechoes. To his excitement, a map began to take shape.

”The dots made up a map of an easily-recognized constellation,” Lunan said, ”the Constellation of Bootis in the northern sky. The curious pattern of delayed echoes was actually a pattern of star positions.”He worked up other LDE maps and found that they all seemed to center around Epsilon Bootis, astar in the constellation.”If Lunan is right in his thinking, this material did contain a message,” Dr. Bracewell declared after studying Lunan's graphs. ”It is saying that the people or entities came to Earth from theConstellation Bootis.”Lunan submitted his findings to the prestigious British Interplanetary Society. Kenneth Gatland,vice president of the society, noted, ”Lunan's findings are utterly astounding. I have studied themaps and must come to the same conclusions he did.”Other scientists have endorsed Lunan's discovery and a fresh search for LDEs with specialequipment was launched in the 1970s – without much success.

Bridging Time

Epsilon Bootis is hardly our next-door neighbor. The star is some 103 million light-years fromEarth, meaning that the Black Knight would have to be so constructed that it could survive andfunction for a mind-boggling period of time. Unless, of course, time and space are far different fromour human conception and a superior technology could somehow bridge this vast distance in ashorter period of time.Lunan's star charts are not perfect. In fact, they are out of date by about 13,000 years. That is, theyshowed Epsilon Bootis in the position it held 13,000 years ago. Lunan posits that the satellite was placed in orbit between 11,000 and 13,000 B.C.A number of alternate theories are springing up. Suppose, for example, that visitors from EpsilonBootis looked over our planet thousands of years ago and decided to leave a little momento behind.Instead of erecting a monument like the pyramid, they decided on orbiting an object that would besafe from earthquakes, floods, and other natural calamities. So they launched the Black Knight,rigging it to be activated thousands of years later when, according to their calculations, mankindwould be technologically capable to receive and interpret its signals.A satellite constructed near Epsilon Bootis would undoubtedly view the universe from the positionof that star, and their star maps would be quite incomprehensible to Earth. But Lunan's maps viewthe universe from the Earth's position 13,000 years ago, which incidentally, coincides with the mythof Atlantis.

edit on 10-11-2012 by Bilky because: added some more stuff on LDE's

edit on 10-11-2012 by Bilky because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Hi guys, been fascinated with this story for a while and came across this interview with Duncan Lunan, though I'd share, it's really quite interesting.

www.winterwind-productions.com...

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Suspicion2112
Hi guys, been fascinated with this story for a while and came across this interview with Duncan Lunan, though I'd share, it's really quite interesting.

www.winterwind-productions.com...

Excellent link clarifying, for all of us. Lunan's current thinking on the LDE 'signal'.

Interesting subject worthy of further discussion, for sure.

But connection to any near-earth 'phantom satellite' spotted in the 1950s or 1960s?

Zero.

Compare Lunan's reasonable speculations and tentative suggestions with the bogus 'signals from Black Knight' fable being promoted by the OP.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Does Anybody else than me think that there is a connection between,
-the black knight
-the old D4rkknight of October 2011 thread
-and the dark knight shootings

a lot of things seems about this dark/black knight/night?

I'm sure some other guy also posted this but it just seems strange this keep coming up

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Here's a link to a video that supposedly shows NASA images of the Black Knight satellite. What do you think?

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Looking at Walsons photographs of big machines in orbit out there, the DKS is in a fair lot of company.

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 01:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by stirling
Looking at Walsons photographs of big machines in orbit out there, the DKS is in a fair lot of company.

You mean Walson's photos of mixed-up Revell kit parts hung against the black blanket in his garage?

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by stirling

You mean THIS WALSON?

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 12:59 AM
link   
Interesting thread!

Will be back when I've read through it all.

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join