It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

room 401

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2007 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Oh you mean Scare Tactics. I absolutely loved that show. Sure the effects weren't as fantastic as on this Room 401, but they did some really cool stuff. The one with the SETI guys and one of them getting abducted was probably my favorite.

posted on Jul, 20 2007 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by johnlear
Excuse me Simon but Crakeur attempted to ridicule TheBaldEagle taking advantage of Bald Eagles poor english. The specific ridicule was "illloossshiinnn" as if The Bald Eagle didn't know it was an illusion.

All I asked was how the illusion was specifically performed.

The reponse that you allege was 'normal' was a clear attempt at ridicule of The Bald Eagle.

But thanks for the post.

How much cluot does this Lear guy have??? Has he ever posted or provided anything what so ever??

Would I get away with such a post?? I think not!! Challangeing crauker and simon grey!!??

Lots of stories and second hand info, yet he claims to hold knowledge to the nth degree!!

If I would have posted the same as Mr. Lear I would have been banned, why is this guy with nothing but stories bieng treated differently??

I can make up a bunch of bs too.... wanna hear it?

posted on Jul, 20 2007 @ 09:53 PM
link   
My friends do makeup and prop design for Penn and Teller shows. They have no idea how the tricks are done. All illusionists guard their secrets with their life because their livelihood depends on it.

Move of the time the tricks seem very complex but they are actually very simple concepts.

goodtricks.net...

posted on Jul, 21 2007 @ 05:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by redseal
I can make up a bunch of bs too.... wanna hear it?

No thanks, yours would just be BS

Stop by the next time your in Vegas... then you will understand

posted on Jul, 21 2007 @ 05:59 AM
link   
There was someone already hidden under the pile of stuffed animals. What the janitor did was bend his arm and place his elbow at the glass, and the assistant lifted his forearm and hand out of the pile, to make it look like the janitor's forearm was inside the glass.

The assistant then grabbed the stuffed toy and dropped it into the hole. When the janitor reached into the hole, he merely reached up into a secret compartment built into the machine which housed a rat.

He pulled the rat out and then chased the man with it. My assumption is that the girlfriend was in on it because:

1. She wasn't frightened, and only smiled and laughed.
2. She specifically pointed to the doll the assistant's arm pulled out, prior to the trick.
3. Her boyfriend ran out of the place, and yet she stayed.

posted on Jul, 21 2007 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by cyberdude78
Oh you mean Scare Tactics. I absolutely loved that show. Sure the effects weren't as fantastic as on this Room 401, but they did some really cool stuff. The one with the SETI guys and one of them getting abducted was probably my favorite.

Scare Tactics. That's the one I meant, not Fear Factor.

It had some funny bits but it was definitely done on the cheap. That was a great idea though, and I hope that Room 401 does a better job.

posted on Jul, 22 2007 @ 05:09 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 22 2007 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Originally posted by Kaiwynn

For John

www.youtube.com...

Ah! So it was just a trick? Like, they're just foolin' us? Sheeeesshh!

posted on Jul, 25 2007 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Ah! So it was just a trick? Like, they're just foolin' us? Sheeeesshh!

My 7 year old knows its a trick and you can't figure that out on your own? I would've loved to have seen this thread not get so damaged due to John Lears interruptions. The show is good for entertainment, not to be taken seriously. Kind of like the BS Mr. Lear spouts. Oof did I say that outloud?

TheBaldEagle, thanks for making this post. It's good to get others thoughts on things like this. Kudos!

posted on Jul, 25 2007 @ 08:55 PM
link   
I first saw this show last night!! I use to watch scare Tactics on sci fi!
I really got a kick out of that show..
Room 401 is a twisted version of that.. They dont show them telling them that its just a Gag!
Someone could really get hurt!!

However it doesnt change the fact that this show is pretty good, and Im sure I will watch it agin!!

I really liked the part where the guys head fell off on the BUS!

I would like to know how he did that trick.. I was like Oh man!! That was creepy!! I know its a trick and all, but damn that looked real!!!

posted on Jul, 25 2007 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur

(illoooosions was a reference to the way Doug Henning used to say it by the way)

I would never make fun of someone else's spelling or grammar but I am sure the members greatly appreciate your coming to their defense Mr. Leer.

Second, as I also stated above, I responded to the other poster who asked what the OP was referring to and then added that the show was about using magicians and fx crews to fool the public. You then jumped in, all holier than thou, with your usual arrogance for absolutely no reason.

I'm off to enjoy a two day trip to Hershey hell. Have a stellar weekend and keep chasing windmills.

Hahahaha, a little cat fight haaalarrrriiioouus! I still wish i could talk to someone with a brain, i can't get a great debate on this website if it was in flames. stanton friedman please email me back, i'm a child again back at the play area. I don't think anyone has a booboo do they? at least i get to hear about soul catchers on the room and alien orgies in india, totall bs. Prays to god something good happens to me so i can leave internet conspiracy forums alltogether.

posted on Jul, 25 2007 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by zysin5
They dont show them telling them that its just a Gag!

I'm sure they tell them afterwards that it's a gag, because by law, they would have to have their consent to show their face on TV.

I really liked the part where the guys head fell off on the BUS! I would like to know how he did that trick

The man that did it is a very famous magician in Japan named Cyril Takayama. He likes to do his magic acts in public and get people's reactions on the street. Some of his most famous acts are when he dresses up as old people, or when he pulls objects out of posters and paintings. He did that trick by wearing a cast under his shirt, so that when he pulled his head down, it will look like his upper torso is still upright. The cast had a slit going down through the middle of it.

Here are some more of his acts:

posted on Jul, 25 2007 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Now, please tell me how you know it was an .."illloooooshin", and if was an ..."illlloooossshiiin"" how did they do it?

For starters, there are many folks on this orb grounded in reality and we know the difference between magic and reality. It might also help that in all the press releases and reviews the show received in the last week, they stated the premise of the show. Allow me to quote one press release regarding the show.

LMFAO!!

One of the more entertaining threads I've read in a while.

This is why I love ATS.

Almost reminds me of the "criss Angel discussion" thread. :shk:

posted on Jul, 25 2007 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Well I started out feeling sorry for the bald eagle( he takes a hit at the beginning of all his threads) then I started feeling bad for john(he was trying to do the right thing until it backfired)
Maybe you should put a disclaimer at the beginning of all your threads baldeagle informing people your first language is not english. Might save some valuable thread time.

As for the show, ive never heard of it and may or may not watch it. I guess it depends on the channel surfing lottery.
I do like illoooooosins though, some of them can be pretty cool.
Ive also discovered if you go to youtube almost all the tricks are explained.
My fav. trick explained was the levitation 2 feet off the ground while standing. Kinda easy once you see how its done.

posted on Jul, 29 2007 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Wow, ive never seen anyone catfight with every single moderator/supermoderator/owner they could reach before!

Entertainment at its most unneccessary - but entertainment nevertheless...

posted on Jul, 29 2007 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by 12m8keall2c
FWIW:
Here's a trailer of the show in question.
MTV-Cable content *some viewer discretion advised*

, love the part where the guy rips open his chest and these things come crawling out of it.

And for the criss angel post, you should've posted the Telekinetic frisbee or the ''criss angel flies from building to building'' one =P

Or the one where he sits under a garbage can and suddenly appears on a balcony.

Of course everyone knows Criss Angel can just simply dematerialize and materialize somewhere else, that's how he does all his tricks.

[edit on 29/7/07 by -0mega-]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join