It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China Warns U.S. Against "Smear Attacks" on Imports

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2007 @ 12:48 PM
link   

China Warns U.S. Against "Smear Attacks" on Imports

www.reuters.com

China warned the United States on Thursday against "groundless smear attacks" against Chinese products and said it was working responsibly to address concerns over a spate of recent food safety scares.

"The Chinese Government has not turned a blind eye or tried to cover up. We have taken this matter very seriously, acted responsibly and immediately adopted forceful measures," said a statement by China's embassy in Washington.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 20 2007 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Honest reporting of tainted food products from China hardly constitutes "smear attacks" I would think that if they get their act together concerning their export problems, this situation would take care of itself, but one has to wonder why these things keep happening.

www.reuters.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 20 2007 @ 01:23 PM
link   

www.nytimes.com...

Check the picture and link above. According to FDA, you see food from India and Mexico is even worse, but do you know that?

I don't know whether it is "smear attack". But politics is behind absolutely.

posted on Jul, 20 2007 @ 01:29 PM
link   
It's pretty obvious that there's some kind of smear campaign afoot. It's not coincidence that it's happening all at once. The reason why is still up in the air.

Peace

posted on Jul, 20 2007 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Smear campaign or not, the fact these contaminated and dangerous products made it
into the U.S. market at all is unacceptable.

Besides that, I'm willing to bet a lot more bad products make it in from PRChina than its known.

Personally I don't mind if it's a smear campaign or not, we should never have been trading
with PRChina in the first place.

posted on Jul, 20 2007 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love
It's pretty obvious that there's some kind of smear campaign afoot. It's not coincidence that it's happening all at once. The reason why is still up in the air.

Peace

I don't see any smear campaign at all. It's just when it was discovered that food had been tainted right after pet food was tainted a red flag is put up. Lets face it they are going to be put under the microscope from now on when it comes to food in this country. It sounds more like the Chinese are making this statement to make people say oh look the US is up to it again trying to make
another country look bad. The Chinese are trying to deflect the attention off of themselves.

[edit on 20-7-2007 by CaptGizmo]

posted on Jul, 20 2007 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Chinese food made from cardboard

www.slashfood.com...

China have been cutting costs by using cheap ingredients, and in State TV's undercover investigation, sometimes substituting with things that aren't even food. In the Chaoyang district of Beijing, steamed buns called bao were filled with cardboard that had been softened with an industrial chemical and flavored with fatty pork and powdered seasoning. The article over at CNN has more graphic details of how the cardboard is collected from the ground and "made" into the bao's filling.

I am sure everyone has heard of this one by now.

posted on Jul, 20 2007 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
Chinese food made from cardboard

Yes, and the Chinese guy who ran the show over there was freakin' executed! What else do you people want???
If we did things over here like they do over there, half the government would have been whacked out by now.

Peace

posted on Jul, 20 2007 @ 03:04 PM
link   
I'd love for the US to refrain from slandering Chinese products, if we weren't all hospitalized from tainted toothpaste.

Ba-zing!

posted on Jul, 20 2007 @ 03:07 PM
link   
The cardboard thing was showed to be a fraud, the guy who did it admitted to it
and was put in jail for lieing about it.

I certainly would'nt want to be him.

posted on Jul, 20 2007 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Yea i read that it was reported to have been a fraud, however I did see the way that it was made on TV, did they put this chinese lady up to making the fraudulent cardboard foods?

Anyway how do we know the guy wasn't executed because he let the cat out of the bag?

Ya think the Chinese government is any different?

Have you heard of any American reporters being executed recently?

[edit on 20-7-2007 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Jul, 20 2007 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Oh and Hey I got the recipe in case anyone is interested, lol
manbehindthechef.blogspot.com...

I come from a family that escaped the communist take over of Vietnam. I have been to communist Vietnam and have experienced first hand the power of the communist propaganda machine.

With the Olympics coming up in 2008, China has much to lose by letting any negative reports leak out about food, safety, or security

www.chron.com...

I watched this being done, perhaps it is damage control, are you going to the Olympics? BYO, lol

我来自中国

[edit on 20-7-2007 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Jul, 20 2007 @ 04:04 PM
link   
True PRChina does have a tendency to cover things up, (ask a 16 year old about Tienanmen
square and most wont have a clue), but it may be that it was false, and I would'nt put it
past the old lady to have done it for money, since PRChina's economy is so lopsided from
the expansions that there are several economic classes, and the lower class is the
predominant one.

As for the Olympics, no I wont be going to them (I would'nt set one foot in PRChina),
however I will be boycotting them, I even have an avatar for use during that time period.

Weird, I did'nt even need to translate that, that is I figured out what it meant before I translated it.

[edit on 7/20/2007 by iori_komei]

posted on Jul, 20 2007 @ 05:42 PM
link   
I think they - the Chinese gov`t - are spot on with this one.

The double standard I`ve been witness to is with the ongoing dispute between Washington and Tokyo over our imports of US beef.

The US have gone so far as to demand that Japan relax it`s food safety regulations to accomodate US beef producers. When import rules were relaxed slightly about a year ago, within days a shipment which contained meat deemed unsafe by the RELAXED regulations was found, the response from Washington was to investigate - and subsequently demand that the regulations be relaxed further.

China asks that they be allowed to investigate the problems, and asks that the problems be treated in their proper context, and not used for political gain.

America demands that the rules be relaxed to suit their interests - time and again.

posted on Jul, 20 2007 @ 06:21 PM
link   
China is throwing up a bunch of 'flak' to dilute the problem....

they use the term 'Groundless'
but all the recent contaminations, product faults, deliberate fillers that were poisonous....were Far from 'Groundless' smear-attacks.

the Chinese are polluting the issues with deflections & a smoke-screen, by causing a person unfamiliar with the recent spate dangerous/lethal imports , (supposedly regulated by strict Chinese agencies),
to imagine that any/all products from China are unrightously condemmed as inferior or dangerous...
by a greedy American capitalist system.

far from the truth, the few products already discovered (only because animal or human deaths were traced to the merchandise/products)
are the result of a lack of control, testing, oversight, by Chinas' regulatory agencies...
they are not ready or equipped to deal in the sphere of Internationl Trade

but they are adept at pirating CDs, Movies, computer programs, and avoiding royalty fees while enjoying the technology....

sorry, i'm not a red China fan, even if they mute the word 'RED'

posted on Jul, 20 2007 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Ahhh, whatever...Maybe the Chinese wants us to think that carboard in our food is actually healthy? No doubt there's lots of fiber...

posted on Jul, 20 2007 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Hilarious

China shipped it. China packaged it. China made it. But who allowed it in this country? Not China!

They executed a guy for this! EXECUTED HIM! What more can they do? I think that sends a very strong and very clear message that they are serious about the safety of their exports. Clearly some people can't grasp how clear of a message that is.

How about we talk about the sodium fluoride in toothpaste, or the fluoridation of tap water in the United States. Any of you ever looked up what fluoride is? Talk about contaminated!

Hypocrites

posted on Jul, 20 2007 @ 09:30 PM
link   
I do think that it is a smear campaign going on.. things doesn't happens all at once. Take a look at Iran.. everything possible remotely related incidents are nearly all blamed at them.. without the slight need of evidence.

Have you guys looked at the Cardboard video.. no street vender would entertain a complete stranger and openly tells him that the buns were 60 percent cardboard and shows him how they makes them. For those of you who hasn't been to China.. you would know that they will not only be hostile, but would come after you with a cleaver. In fact, this is true in any country.. nobody, and I mean, no illegal vender would be so co-operative in explaining their illegal operation.. so casually and willingly. It's definately a hoax.

The recent Rabbit candy was also banned in Phillipines for some fancied named chemicals for embalming. Only to be found out that it's naturally formed and in very minute amt.. and that many other products from around the world also has this chemical present and it's safe. Many food products has minute amt of all kinds of naturally formed acids, resin and toxin.. why not banned all preserved foodstuff.

And don't count on the US media to print these.

And Tiananmen Square did not happened as MMS and BBC represented it to be...read this piece of article from the Former Australian Diplomat.. Gregory Clark.
gregoryclark.net...
www.gregoryclark.net...

other articles
www.hartford-hwp.com...
backissues.cjrarchives.org...

If your are still sketicle, read this Cable, From: U.S. Embassy Beijing, To: Department of State, Wash DC, What Happened on the Night of June 3/4? (June 22, 1989).. it state no one was killed in the square.
www.gwu.edu...

posted on Jul, 24 2007 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by NovusOrdoMundi
Hilarious

China shipped it. China packaged it. China made it. But who allowed it in this country? Not China!

They executed a guy for this! EXECUTED HIM! What more can they do? I think that sends a very strong and very clear message that they are serious about the safety of their exports. Clearly some people can't grasp how clear of a message that is.

How about we talk about the sodium fluoride in toothpaste, or the fluoridation of tap water in the United States. Any of you ever looked up what fluoride is? Talk about contaminated!

Hypocrites

Thats a complete mute point; fluoride has been used for years and has not been causing deaths and before there was fluoride in the water people were suffering from tooth rot before they were 40! have you ever wondered why so many older folks have false teeth and wear dentures. Yes Fluoride in large doses will kill you and is a poison but the microscopic amounts that are in water and tooth paste are helpful.What China factories were doing was just plain wrong.They know it and are just trying draw attention away from themselves now.

new topics

top topics

join