It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Drone HOAX... Smoking gun?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2007 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by MetisElara

OK I'm easily offended. I do promise however, this is the last reply where I will retaliate. I despise when people use a patronizing word after an insult. That is so condescending. You just insulted my intelligence by suggesting that I took my time to write that all up and include a link and a story...

Um, sorry for veering off topic, but it amazes me that you interpret "I seriously doubt that this game has any ties bro" as a personal insult...

posted on Jul, 19 2007 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Megadeth
That photo is the latest drone photo, and for some reason it has never been taken apart by the ATS members like the others have.

I think I've seen it "debunked" around here somewhere. There's so much of this drone stuff around right now, it's hard to keep up. Basically, whatever that thing is standing there, it isn't casting a shadow.

posted on Jul, 19 2007 @ 05:55 PM
link   
correct, and in addtion, the "feet" of the object on the grass is resting on the top of the blades -- which almost screams "paste job"...and a sloppy one at that.

someone manipulated the photo to show what MAY have been extensions going to the actual ground, but it was not conclusive.

posted on Jul, 19 2007 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Thanks for the link Implosion.

posted on Jul, 19 2007 @ 06:21 PM
link   
The drone photos could very well have something to do with the game and vice versa .. I recall a bunch of pics being circulated of giant skeletons and eels found under water and on the shore line. Many thought those real until it was found out that it was a promo for a game called titans or something like that.. So you may have something here, I guess time will tell.

posted on Jul, 19 2007 @ 06:51 PM
link   
I hope I did this right. If so I believe the image below resembles a Veritech fighter from the cartoon Robotech. Which is an image from the IGN website. (second page i think.)

Actual image from robotech:

I guess what im saying is, its easy to copy something and make a few changes on how it looks just so it does not look exactly the same. Or you could also call it lack of artistic creativity. I hope the pictures come up, my first time trying to post pictures.

posted on Jul, 19 2007 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Yeah, the images work, and you're right. there's nothing new under the sun.

posted on Jul, 19 2007 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Another artistic similarity from UAW.

video.google.com...

posted on Jul, 19 2007 @ 07:34 PM
link   
We need to drop this viral marketing idea...

The point of advertising is to get people to KNOW and WANT your product. If we're spending this long trying to figure out what the darned product we want is, it obviously isn't supposed to be an advertisement at all.

Advertising companies wouldn't go through this much trouble just to not only create so much ambiguity about the product being sold, but also limit the audience of the advertisement to such a small portion of the populous (the fringe-UFO community). And plus, they want us to LIKE and WANT to buy the product, not hate it; and by now, due to all the trouble and effort we put into cracking this mystery, we would all HATE for it to be a viral marketing scheme, and the advertising agencies would know that if indeed it was.

[edit on 19-7-2007 by Sataurë]

posted on Jul, 19 2007 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sataurë

The point of advertising is to get people to KNOW and WANT your product. If we're spending this long trying to figure out what the darned product we want is, it obviously isn't supposed to be an advertisement at all.

So wrong. I've spent enough time checking out videos of the game to totally want it. In fact I want to pre-order it. All this talk is going to carry over to other forums. What are we all talking about? Universe at War. How much did it cost them? Next to nothing. That is viral marketing.

posted on Jul, 19 2007 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Great Find!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Metiselara

alient txt on beta promo

Im buying this game for me too

Sorry Yuefo but the last chad foto was debunked..if you look at the object closely on the ground you will see a clorox bottle at the top..no lie

At least this is really interesting...God I needed a break we all did, many ofthese companies and individuals are doing viral..its the rage.

Thanx

SyS

[edit on 19-7-2007 by Sys_Config]

[edit on 19-7-2007 by Sys_Config]

posted on Jul, 19 2007 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sys_Config
Sorry Yuefo but the last chad foto was debunked..if you look at the object closely on the ground you will see a clorox bottle at the top..no lie

No need to apologize. I've thought ALL the drone photos were fake from the first C2C thread to the the newest and everything in between.

[edit on 7/19/2007 by yuefo]

[edit on 7/19/2007 by yuefo]

posted on Jul, 19 2007 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sataurë

Advertising companies wouldn't go through this much trouble just to not only create so much ambiguity about the product being sold, but also limit the audience of the advertisement to such a small portion of the populous (the fringe-UFO community). And plus, they want us to LIKE and WANT to buy the product, not hate it; and by now, due to all the trouble and effort we put into cracking this mystery, we would all HATE for it to be a viral marketing scheme, and the advertising agencies would know that if indeed it was.

[edit on 19-7-2007 by Sataurë]

I am sorry but I have to deny ignorance here. The above statement could not be further from reality, I am not "picking on you" Sataurë, but the cost of producing the "drones" hoax is NOTHING relative to advertising/marketing budgets and it IS done everyday.

BUZZ building is what it's all about, the whole drone saga, ALL OF IT, could be produced easily for

posted on Jul, 19 2007 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by keeb333
Wow, while that game looks really cool, I don't see more than a cursory resemblance of any of those objects to the drones. Especially lacking is the alien font. None of the things depicted in the screenshots had the font plastered on them as with the drones. Also, that looks like a game, whereas the drones seem photorealistic. IMO, they're not related at all.

ever heard of 3Dmax and photoshop?

posted on Jul, 20 2007 @ 12:23 AM
link   
It would be constructive if kb333 look at all the screen shots, there was alien lettering looking substantiall similar ....This is worthy..ney..Truth demands this be followed up. People give links to be followed.up...not just look at one screenshot..Lets give credit where credit is due.
Many were hopin something new came up..well here it is, and more than a few of us are excited..

Peace out
Sys

posted on Jul, 20 2007 @ 12:34 AM
link   
This is pretty ridiculous. If the language in the game and several of the objects have resemblances to the drones, it is most likely because of the simple fact that they both rely on the same basic ideas of "alien technology" for their inspiration. It's like saying the Matrix code font was stolen from Alien, etc. Truth is graphics designers and artists are heavily influenced by everything they see. If this game's elements resemble the drones, then the drones probably resemble something else, and so on. It all goes back to a several "ancestral" sources, with slight variations with each incarnation.

This is not to say the drones are real or hoax. Let's imagine the drones are real. Then most likely, their language resembles other historical "accurate" alien language sightings, such as those seen on the I-beam in Roswell. And most likely, this game borrows inspiration from THOSE historical reports, and these drones have no connection to the game.

To sum up, alien designs, language, fonts and looks are remarkably similar throughout decades of pop culture (ie the ubiquitous flying saucer), most likely due to one common source / inspiration, be it real or not.

And TBH, the language and look of the game has to many inconsistencies / differences to be of any use in debunking the drones.

posted on Jul, 20 2007 @ 12:49 AM
link   
All i see when i look at the screens from the game is a game with alien stuff in it and symbols on some models. What's new? These are just typical alien designs. I've played other alien type real time strategy games and although the models are cool looking its just an evolution in rts gaming graphics.

Linking this to the chad drone is really funny to me because i don't think anything in any of the screens looks anything like the chad drone. Whether you think chad drone is a hoax or not, one thing is for sure, this game does not deserve a closer look unless you want to play it.

Who are these hoaxers that try so hard to trick everyone and why bother. Most hoaxes that people claim to expose here are only really seen here so why spend all this time and effort to trick us. The question i have is why bother? I guess the answer is dis info but what is being hidden and is that a conspiracy theory?

All i know is i've never wanted to make a really good hoax video and i don't know why anyone else would unless they are commissioned to.

posted on Jul, 20 2007 @ 01:23 AM
link   
As far as connecting the dots between the game and the drone, its seems far fetched for Viral Marketing. Theres no clear and cut moment of clarity that would have been best played out at or around E3, which just passed. I think aslo , someone on the marketing team would have a hard time selling a vague charm to the design supervisor, or whoever. I cant speak with experience, I'm not into marketing, but its my guess. I DO know how hard it is to sell a group of investors on something, though.
My thoughts are that either we have not seen the end of the campaign, and we can jump at any movie or game we see and decide it fits, or its not a viral campaign, and its just a couple of kids having fun with Maya or Lightwave. I believe someone already said it was a tutorial for Lightwave or Maya, didn't they?
But I don't think seeing a small couple of places where it fits in the game because something LOOKS like the language on the drone, or LOOKS like the top of the drone should satisfy any of us.
Investigate, check it out, but don't get into a mode where your convinced it is the real article.

If its a VM campaign, and I am not saying its not, the answer should be something that makes us smack our head and say "Ah, why didn't I see that??? Thats so clever!" or something to that effect, and NOT "yeah, that could work, that might be it. I t KINDA looks like it....

posted on Jul, 20 2007 @ 01:36 AM
link   
Respectfully OP, I would like to share this statement.....
Right now, if I were to make an alien alphabet on the fly, without any knowledge of the "Drone" or any relating game. It wouldn't be entirely impossible for me to make a few characters similar to the ones in the screenshots of this game. I mean.....If someone came to you and wanted you to make up 26 characters of an unknown alien language off the top of your head any one of those characters would have lines and geometric patterns similar to any made up alien text. I am in no way saying that the "Drone" characters are made up. Im just saying that any alien font you can conjure will have similarities to each other.

With that being said, I would like to thank the OP for doing his own research and posting it here. We need more people like you on ATS. Well done!

posted on Jul, 20 2007 @ 01:58 AM
link   
I just saw a drone image on a piece of toast! It was incredible. Man, only if I was not so hungry I could have taken pics before I ate it. Shux.

Seriously though, this drone stuff has gone too far. If it was a campaign, don't you think they would shoot for the masses, and not all of us nuts on ATS? lol Only time "may" tell the true story. Until then, I think we should all completely chill out. Let whoever is out there doing it keep submitting stuff until they make a mistake and we nail them. They crave attention, and all we have to do is ignore it and poof, another drone photo will appear ;-)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join