It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Drone HOAX... Smoking gun?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2007 @ 02:07 AM
link   
Regardless of the consensus, I think it too much of a coincidence for there not to be a connection here. When the drone photos first surfaced, everybody commented on how original it looked. Suddenly the "basket" appears on a craft and its just typical sci-fi imagery.

Everybody looks high and low for a matching text, and lo and behold, the closest match to date appears in the same game.

Even in this small sampling of letters, I see direct matches, despite the drone photos being a fancy replication of a game template. The drone text was previously characterized by many as cool and original looking, but now I read it's likely one could duplicate it by creating an alien text from imagination. On both points, quite a turnaround from the early days I must say.

I did a little research and found that the first screenshots appeared early February. The Chad drone surfaced in May. But the alien text in the game wasn't revealed until July 11. uk.pc.ign.com...

This suggests to me that an insider, not a fan, must have been involved. I also learned that the basket feature belongs to the Hierarchy faction, but the text belongs to the Masari. So it appears the drone is an amalgamation of sorts, and for that reason I wouldn't expect to see a match to the drone appear in the game.

posted on Jul, 20 2007 @ 02:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by keeb333
Wow, while that game looks really cool, I don't see more than a cursory resemblance of any of those objects to the drones. Especially lacking is the alien font. None of the things depicted in the screenshots had the font plastered on them as with the drones. Also, that looks like a game, whereas the drones seem photorealistic. IMO, they're not related at all.

Yeah, I agree. The game looks cool, but really no tie-in to the drones that I can see. Most objects will have lines and sharp points and circles, so we can pretty much look at everything in existance and find a similarity between it and a drone.

posted on Jul, 20 2007 @ 02:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by yuefo

Even in this small sampling of letters, I see direct matches, despite the drone photos being a fancy replication of a game template.

I am not a flamer even though my tone may deem it so.
I don't see any direct matches at all!
I can clearly make out the letters "C", "K", "V", "L", and "G" in this small example.
None of the characters in the sample "Drone" image have any decernable letters let alone american alphabet characters.
If you look hard you can even see the word CIVIC right in the middle!
The only thing that resembles american characters is maybe a funky slanted backwards 7. And thats a stretch!

If you look hard you can even see the word CIVIC right in the middle!

Im not saything this means anything I just wanted to give my 2 cents.

Thanks

[edit on 20-7-2007 by IMAdamnALIEN]

posted on Jul, 20 2007 @ 02:57 AM
link   

This suggests to me that an insider, not a fan, must have been involved. I also learned that the basket feature belongs to the Hierarchy faction, but the text belongs to the Masari. So it appears the drone is an amalgamation of sorts, and for that reason I wouldn't expect to see a match to the drone appear in the game.

Well, if you can get on the phone with the people who took the original drone photos and convince them that what they really saw fly over their head was a flying viral marketing machine, I'll quickly jump on to your side of the fence.

posted on Jul, 20 2007 @ 03:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by pjslug
Well, if you can get on the phone with the people who took the original drone photos and convince them that what they really saw fly over their head was a flying viral marketing machine, I'll quickly jump on to your side of the fence.

But that's a real problem, isn't it? getting on the phone with people who took the photos? hmmm.

And if you actually think the drone photos are real, no offense but I don't want you on my side of the fence.

posted on Jul, 20 2007 @ 03:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by c3hamby
These games are negative because it prepares children and young adults with the mental programming that aliens are evil and violent. This is of great concern to me and it may point to when the staged ET war is going to be initiated.

Many witnesses have come forward surrounding the Phoenix Lights and there was never any feeling expressed regarding fear or that the lights represented a threat.

That's not really what this thread is about, And i must disagree, I intend to buy this game, but it's just a game, and this is only the first race mentioned who's to say there aren't benevolent aliens as well.

just for your info I've come to the conclusion the grays are bad through my research on the grays, not because I've been playing Star craft since i was 10 and the Zergs are always represented as evil.

Anyway back on subject, While I'm not completely convinced this is the "Missing link" so to speak to the Chad Drone, I do think it's similar and i wouldn't be at all surprised if soon there was indeed a picture of our drone fighting the humans/hierarchy.

posted on Jul, 20 2007 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Karilla
For the drones to have been a viral marketing campaign for this game the font would have to be the same, not similar, surely? Otherwise, what would be the point?

Absolutely.

Similarites? Yes. Match? Nope.

Have the texture designers just used the same font? Probably.

The idea that this is a viral campaign is ludicrous. I work at a digital agency, and I have manged viral campaigns, and I can tell you 100% that this isn't a viral.

Why? Because there is no pay-off, no overt or covert link to any product. Its been a matter of weeks since this was aired. WAY too long to leave this hanging without advancing the mystery.

And hypothetically, if it was a Viral, it would be the single worst viral ever. All it has achieved is the mass pant #ting of some nerdy forum users (yourselves all excluded natch!).

I'm definitely on the CGI Hoax bandwagon.

posted on Jul, 20 2007 @ 10:05 AM
link   
I dunno, yuefo, they just don't seem to be seeing it... What do you make of this? I thought people would jump on this and so far, you're the only one other than myself that sees a connection... Hmm.

posted on Jul, 20 2007 @ 10:28 AM
link   
well, i went to the game creator's website and someone actually started a thread in their forums regarding the similarities...one of the admins there doesn't think there is much of a connection there, but it may be interesting to see what conclusion they come to. heck, maybe we might get a developer or two in there to chime in.

i will register there later, but i am off to a meeting now.

UAW Chade Drone Comparison Thread

posted on Jul, 20 2007 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by win 52
I have no comment on the drone, but it has been here long enough for some people to be inspired into making a game out of it.

Heaven knows, they should be starving for ideas to put out there. You know, new game new revenue.

Very interesting idea. Instead of creating a viral campaign for a product, create a product for a viral campaign. In the world of videogames, changing a craft while still in the design process, would not be too hard. Lets say that game has been under developement since January, then the drones appear, one could easily even use saladfingers models and put them in.

I personally think that this whole "drone/caret" think is a viral campaign. Possibly, for nothing, possibly for some product. Either way, kudos to everone who keeps working on this, I am more than burned out. I have a feeling that 'we' have given so much interest into this, that it will never go away....

DOC MOREAU

posted on Jul, 20 2007 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by el cid
well, i went to the game creator's website and someone actually started a thread in their forums regarding the similarities...one of the admins there doesn't think there is much of a connection there, but it may be interesting to see what conclusion they come to. heck, maybe we might get a developer or two in there to chime in.

i will register there later, but i am off to a meeting now.

UAW Chade Drone Comparison Thread

Thanks for posting that el cid. So we got their attention. It's weird seeing my examples on another forum.

True, one of the administrators was skeptical, but the OP administrator said, "What ever it is I find it all rather interesting, the similarities are close."

That's a far cry from many of the posters here who claim to see no connection at all. Of course, that view is biased in many cases simply because the similarities belie the reality of the drones, which some, unfortunately, still think are real.

posted on Jul, 20 2007 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Nice going Yuefo,
Soon there will be common threads all over the place.
Actually Meta quite a few people are in line with viral marketing.
I love how you came up on the thing which is how marketers want, not only net, but on our kitchen table too

I remember when the "Alien" movie came out there were billboards out at least year before showing the Egg pod with a green halo. If I recall it said "its coming" or something to that effect. This thing with caret has only been a a few months since May more or less. The saying goes " the essence of good cooking is time" look how quickly some of us wanted the game as soon as we saw the graphics. As long as the virus continues to penetrate all the forums across the net it will soften everyone up for the final blow predisposing interest and hopefully purchase.

As Springer stated quite nicely by the way, it takes less than 15000 to do it this way, is more effective, than spending hundreds of thousands to do it on madison avenue. At the same time betas that are eventually realeased allow for adjustment, like changing skins on craft, characters, etc. Even if its a small company doing it like the crew behind the titor hoax, ((whos attorney Lawrence Haber ,heads the Titor foundation, and followup book movie projects was also a lead attorney for VisaCorp who invented Visical, the first spreadsheet before Lotus, and houses FT st productions,appleproductions at the same address)) this only means it will take a little longer. Habers been on Art bell a couple of times pushing the story. we are not dealing with pikers here. So lets keep stirring the spaghetti sauce sloooooowly and we can all have a nice dinner later

SyS
^i^

[edit on 20-7-2007 by Sys_Config]

posted on Jul, 21 2007 @ 02:30 AM
link   

Regardless of the consensus, I think it too much of a coincidence for there not to be a connection here. When the drone photos first surfaced, everybody commented on how original it looked. Suddenly the "basket" appears on a craft and its just typical sci-fi imagery.

Everybody looks high and low for a matching text, and lo and behold, the closest match to date appears in the same game.

Even in this small sampling of letters, I see direct matches, despite the drone photos being a fancy replication of a game template. The drone text was previously characterized by many as cool and original looking, but now I read it's likely one could duplicate it by creating an alien text from imagination. On both points, quite a turnaround from the early days I must say.

I did a little research and found that the first screenshots appeared early February. The Chad drone surfaced in May. But the alien text in the game wasn't revealed until July 11. uk.pc.ign.com...

Yuefo -- I also see very strong stylistic similarities between the drone and the game graphics. Wonder if the drone wasn't a rather incompetent attempt to copy the game graphics? It isn't an exact match, but could have been where the hoaxter got his ideas.

Similarly, Isaac's story about how CARET was established has some similarities to the story of how Adobe was founded, taken from the company history at Adobe's web site. That and the mention of PARC could have been borrowed to give the whole tale a semblance of credibility.

I've believed from the start that the drones were CGI. Also believed it was likely viral marketing at first, but tend to conclude now it's just a couple kids pulling everyone's legs. Having said this, though, there's some type of viral thing going on surrounding a movie called "Cloverfield" that has some similarities to this whole drone scam, at least in the way info is released only in tiny and incomplete bits. I still wonder if the drone isn't related to Cloverfield. That's a movie that's supposed to be about earth attacked by monsters or ufos or something, to be released in January '08. From what I've gathered, the whole movie is supposedly made up of home movies of the event captured by participants.

I also agree with the person who said it's absurd the time and effort people here and elsewhere have spent on this drone story. I find the fascination with it (my own included!) more a source of wonder than the thing itself!

One last thing -- Linda Howe gave a member of another ufo mailing list a high-res scan of the Big Basin object. I tend to think of it as "the chandelier." Isaac said he recognized features of his spiral-ly diagram on the underside of the Big Basin object. However, in the initial low-res scan, the underside of the object is not at all discernible. There's a couple dark spots that look like bolts. However, on the high-res scan, there is a spiral-ly design like those in the Isaac documents. I'm wondering how Isaac got to see the high-res scan of that thing five or six weeks before Linda Howe released it. Raises a few questions, and none of them add any credibility to the drone thing.

Chgowriter

posted on Jul, 21 2007 @ 04:14 PM
link   
chgowriter, you may be on to something. I just watched the hi-def trailer, and WOW! It's also being referred to as "The Parasite." Sounds kinda drone-like to me. Anyway, here's the link. Hopefully it won't get broken. www.firstshowing.net...

posted on Jul, 21 2007 @ 04:56 PM
link   

chgowriter, you may be on to something. I just watched the hi-def trailer, and WOW! It's also being referred to as "The Parasite." Sounds kinda drone-like to me. Anyway, here's the link. Hopefully it won't get broken. www.firstshowing.net...

First of all, JJ Abram's movie has nothing to do with drones. It is a real live breathing organism. In the trailer you can ever hear someone saying "I saw it! It's alive! It's huge!"

Secondly, sorry but the "language" in the game seems downright primitive compared to the drone pictures. The drone language looks like it could conceivably be a real language. The game's looks obviously made up.

posted on Jul, 21 2007 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by DocMoreau

Originally posted by win 52
I have no comment on the drone, but it has been here long enough for some people to be inspired into making a game out of it.

Heaven knows, they should be starving for ideas to put out there. You know, new game new revenue.

Very interesting idea. Instead of creating a viral campaign for a product, create a product for a viral campaign...

I personally think that this whole "drone/caret" think is a viral campaign. Possibly, for nothing, possibly for some product.

DOC MOREAU

Correlation does not equal Causation.

I think we're starting to go too far out of bounds here with the viral idea. Every other viral campaign we've seen has been much more obvious, and as mentioned earlier, had ties to a product or source of profit. Why would you make a viral campaign "possibly for nothing"?

The average person would not research and analyze this situation to the extent that we at ATS and other similar sites have done. Look at how much time and energy has been put into attempting to figure this out. Not only is this an incredibly small target audience it also requires a certain amount of belief in the unknown. Which causes a lot of "duh, it's a hoax, i've seen CGI before" and then move on to the next thing.

Your product should not require your consumers to take a leap of faith before purchasing it. If proven false, those who have been pulled into this possible disclosure situation are going to be pissed and not buy the product. To anyone outside of the current debate, the entire situation will have been pointless. A company has very little to gain from implementing a viral campaign this in depth. Marketers assume we are stupid sheep and do not expect much of us. They create small viral schemes to make you feel intelligent for cracking their code or a part of something big. Which the drones satisfy, but when you take it too far you end up weeding out the less intelligent (not aimed at anyone here at ATS or those who immediately believed it was a hoax) and angering the rest.

No matter what connections you see between the the drones and this game the general concept of the viral campaign is flawed. It is the basis of the argument, not the argument itself. Yes the basket shape is odd, but take your hand palm up and point your fingers in the air. Dumb, I know, but the general shape of a circular base extending to evenly spaced 'fingers' isn't a difficult one to come by. Look at a tulip flower or other natural shapes. Same goes for the glyph of circles shown in the game. The fact that two people can take circles and make geometrical patterns with them does not constitute a connection. Sacred geometry has been around for awhile and is embedded in our brains, as I assume it would be in alien brains. I know that's a tough assumption to make but shapes like circles (planets), squares (atomic lattice structure), triangles (simple shape of a mountain) are found everywhere in the universe.

That being said I applaud your research and drive with the subject. I believe that you are wrong, but many "right" things took a lot of wrongs to get there. I think a lot of people are scared to present their ideas for fear of failure or incompetence. And if you're right then at least we'll end up solving this thing, even if it's not the big picture thing some were hoping for. Basically I think that people tend to confuse the argument and the person, so I disagree with the connection but think it's great you and others are actively searching for the truth. Good luck.

posted on Jul, 21 2007 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amberite
First of all, JJ Abram's movie has nothing to do with drones. It is a real live breathing organism. In the trailer you can ever hear someone saying "I saw it! It's alive! It's huge!"

Pretty big leap considering virtually nothing is known about the movie at this point. Example: Are you sure he's not saying, "It's a light," rather than "alive"? I'm not. And if it does involve a living organism, that doesn't preclude an artificial gadget like the drone being in the movie as well. It's very speculative at this point, much too early to be as assured as you indicate.

posted on Jul, 21 2007 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Pretty big leap considering virtually nothing is known about the movie at this point. Example: Are you sure he's not saying, "It's a light," rather than "alive"? I'm not. And if it does involve a living organism, that doesn't preclude an artificial gadget like the drone being in the movie as well. It's very speculative at this point, much too early to be as assured as you indicate.

It does seem to be a monster movie. The only information that paramount announced was the movies tag line which is, Revolves around a monster attack in New York as told from the point of view of a small group of people. It seems to be a cross between Godzilla and the Blair Witch Project.

It is currently being called Cloverfield, although that may change, and it is filming now. This website has a lot of good information on it. jjabramsprojects.blogspot.com...

posted on Jul, 21 2007 @ 11:23 PM
link   
For what it's worth, a small drone-like device from UaW.

posted on Jul, 21 2007 @ 11:27 PM
link   

The drone language looks like it could conceivably be a real language. The game's looks obviously made up.

Yeah, I see what you mean. The drone language doesn't look made up.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join