It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

People are running out of Grand Central Station right now.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Im really glad i decided to take that job in Long Island!! Im sure some of my friends will be stuck in the city for most of the night!

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Djarums
numerous decontamination units have been set up.

I've just been informed that the reason for this is due to possible asbestos exposure and sulfur as well.

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Nothing that has been reported says this points to any thing but an accident. So why didnt this post get locked. it should be in the breaking news forum. Does this mean that every breaking news story can be turned into a conspiracy thread? Just wondering. I would wait till there is something tangible to say that this is even close to a conspiracy.

www.msnbc.msn.com...

A witness reported that a building had collapsed, but New York City police said the building had not fallen but was "shaky."

The New York Police Department said a steam pipe exploded but had no immediate details on possible injuries. The NYPD said the incident did not appear to be terrorism-related.

[edit on 18-7-2007 by russ1969]

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 06:29 PM
link   
No building collapse. I was just there about 4 blocks away. The ground was rumbling... people crying. A little scary but it looks like they have it under control.

More evidence to support that Con Edison is NOT on it.

I have cell phone pics but they look pretty worthless. I might post them later.

I walked out of my building and there were people running away and crying. I was here in the city and it looked all too familiar. Glad I am back in Queens.

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by TruthWithin
No building collapse. I was just there about 4 blocks away. The ground was rumbling... people crying. A little scary but it looks like they have it under control.

More evidence to support that Con Edison is NOT on it.

I have cell phone pics but they look pretty worthless. I might post them later.

I walked out of my building and there were people running away and crying. I was here in the city and it looked all too familiar. Glad I am back in Queens.

Did it feel like an earthquake???

I know what is being reported, but with all that white smoke and the ground rumbling, it sounds like a volcanic explosion!

www.youtube.com...

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Running away and crying..man..
The people there are pretty wound up huh.

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth
I guess Chertoff was correct.
His "gut feeling" seems to be a little more realistic now, doesn't it, for the mockers.

[edit on 18-7-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]
This was NOT his "gut" feeling.

On a more serious note, NYC sits on a Caldera which gives off that swamp gas odor. I wouldnt be surprised if its about to blow.

[edit on 18-7-2007 by dgtempe]

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 07:18 PM
link   
hikix, after your last phone call thread, I was worried about you on this one. But you were ON THE JOB, and doing good.

And since you were so much faster to it than the people in "Breaking News", I'm giving you some bonus points.

There, 2500 invisible points, (these are better than those other kind, 'cause you'll never spend them and they can't be taken away.)

Seriously, good job.

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 07:19 PM
link   
people are not allowed to go back to their homes. News says that asbestos is in it, OH NOES TEH TERRORISTS R TRYNG TO MAKE US ALL DUMB!

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by T0by

Yes. The people who worked in the building next to the 20 foot crater that was spewing steam and rocks were a little shaken up.

Being covered in mud didn't help much.

Having to stampede down stairs with a thousand other people out into that mess were real sissies.

The worst were the the people who were RIGHT next to it when it happened. I mean it's like c'mon - grow a pair!

Only if we were as macho as you...you brave brave man. Way to tell it as it is.

Or are you too busy taking pictures of yourself???

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 07:24 PM
link   
russ, If anything, the other late thread could be closed, and this one moved to Breaking News. Do you really think it would be right to shut down a thread by someone who was keeping folks posted on events just because it was in the wrong forum?

That, IMO, is nit picking as an art form.

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by TruthWithin

Yes. The people who worked in the building next to the 20 foot crater that was spewing steam and rocks were a little shaken up.

Being covered in mud didn't help much.

Having to stampede down stairs with a thousand other people out into that mess were real sissies.

The worst were the the people who were RIGHT next to it when it happened. I mean it's like c'mon - grow a pair!

Only if we were as macho as you...you brave brave man. Way to tell it as it is.

Or are you too busy taking pictures of yourself???

Not scared yet?

Watch this:

www.youtube.com...

First the government/army tries to set up another bomb planting 9-11 event under a building, then nature TAKES OVER!

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by NGC2736
hikix, after your last phone call thread, I was worried about you on this one. But you were ON THE JOB, and doing good.

And since you were so much faster to it than the people in "Breaking News", I'm giving you some bonus points.

There, 2500 invisible points, (these are better than those other kind, 'cause you'll never spend them and they can't be taken away.)

Seriously, good job.

Thanks i appreciate it, people are already starting to shoot the messenger!

Im watching the news and its saying that asbestos is being poured all around. One exposure to asbestos is not going to kill you. If you happen to stick around for a few years then maybe you will feel the effects. I am personally ruling out any terrorism.

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 07:52 PM
link   
I can understand the concern people had, after all the scare tactics in the news lately. And they had no way immediately that it was just a steam pipe.

For that matter, we still don't know. I remember that a lot of the early reporting on 9/11 was wrong to start with. This could end up being a thread in exactly the right forum yet. Time will tell.

But I feel bad for you folks in that city. You all get more than your fair share. My best wishes and sympathy to NYC, again.

[edit on 18-7-2007 by NGC2736]

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 07:57 PM
link   

yeah, after experiencing one of the worst terror attacks in history , we kind of don't take anything lightly anymore..... and we know we are prime targets.

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 08:05 PM
link   
I'll just say that this thread's been a pretty interesting read. Watching the story develop, peoples reactions and so on.

And yeah, if I was working nearby and that happened, it would freak me out a bit too.

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Here is the pic from my camera phone. Its not great but i thought i would share.

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Truth, from that picture you posted, it seems as if some measure of calm has returned.

How far from the site are you?

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 08:26 PM
link   
I took that at 620 ish or so. The picture doesnt look NYTHING like what I saw. That was 5 blocks north on 46th and lex. People were kinda going everywhere. Some were looking and some were walking away.

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 08:35 PM
link   
With all the scary news stories, if I was there, I would be thinking of nice rural vacation spots about now.

Is it just me, or does the news come on with a story like this and then just stop cold telling anything new? I mean there is "Big News Happening Now" and then nothing. Like they're all getting together and agreeing on the story.

Yeah, I don't trust the MSM to tell it straight or right unless they have no choice.

Edit to add: Thanks Truth for the on the spot news.

[edit on 18-7-2007 by NGC2736]

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join