It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

People are running out of Grand Central Station right now.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 05:08 PM
link   
This may be nothing, but just giving a heads up. People right now are running out of Grand Central Station in NY. It is 6pm right now July 18th.
I have no further info on this right now, but my friend is on the phone with someone there right now.

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Good journalism, will tune to CNN.

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 05:17 PM
link   
...could be nothing.. just stay tuned if you plan on doing anything that involves NYC.

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 05:23 PM
link   
False Alarm (kindof). Just came in on the news that a transformer exploded on 41st and 3rd. The sound must have travelled thru the tunnel, and everyone panicked and started running.

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 05:24 PM
link   
this is probably part of it too..

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 05:28 PM
link   
I guess Chertoff was correct.
His "gut feeling" seems to be a little more realistic now, doesn't it, for the mockers.

[edit on 18-7-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by elevatedone
this is probably part of it too..

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Yeah same thing... but i beat infinite to it by 11 minutes!!!

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by hikix
False Alarm (kindof). Just came in on the news that a transformer exploded on 41st and 3rd. The sound must have travelled thru the tunnel, and everyone panicked and started running.

There are reports that a building collapsed. A transformer IS NOT going to cause a building to collapse.

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth

Originally posted by hikix

There are reports that a building collapsed. A transformer IS NOT going to cause a building to collapse.

Hmmmm, 6:30 really isnt a great time for a terrorist attack! I have a feeling the building collapse is a rumor.

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 05:34 PM
link   
FDNY just called a 5th Alarm.

So far one injury has been reported. Female patient with steam burns.

Confirmed that numerous buildings in the area, including the Chrysler building shook and were evacuated immediately.

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Mayor Bloomberg has issued a statement saying that this was a Steam Pipe that blew up. The pressure involved shook the buildings.

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Djarums
Mayor Bloomberg has issued a statement saying that this was a Steam Pipe that blew up. The pressure involved shook the buildings.

CNN says that it was a transformer.

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 05:45 PM
link   
I am sure the explosion was heard and one person started running and everyone just followed. But at least its nothing major.

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 05:54 PM
link   
CNN should be adjusting their headline shortly.

Latest report shows 9 people injured, one possible fatality, and numerous decontamination units have been set up.

The 4, 5, and 6 lines are shut down.

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 05:55 PM
link   

His "gut feeling" seems to be a little more realistic now, doesn't it, for the mockers.

Seems as though Chertoff was wrong in this case even though it seems you want it to be right. People are telling you no it wasn't a bomb but you insist otherwise. This happens almost every summer in NYC its not a first time event for us.

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 05:57 PM
link   
I am in the Chicago area, and in the past week or so, if I'm not mistaken, I have heard of two transformer explosions in Aurora. Maybe they are overloading because it is summer and everyone is using their air conditioning.

This kind of thing is not all that uncommon, but it's an interesting coincidence to hear about three so close together in terms of time...

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThePieMaN

Seems as though Chertoff was wrong in this case even though it seems you want it to be right. People are telling you no it wasn't a bomb but you insist otherwise. This happens almost every summer in NYC its not a first time event for us.

A FREAKING Transformer is not going to cause a building to collapse!!!!!! It isn't!! However, as I said on the other thread, I guess there was no building that collapsed, so, it's a moot point. If you want to argue that a freaking transformer is going to cause a building to collapse, I suggest you come up popping with some evidence. Thank ya..

[edit on 18-7-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Yep this type of thing happens all the time in the summer in the larger cities. Yeah it caused a stir but nothing to panic about.

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Latest update, transformer fire caused the steam explosion at 370 Lexington Avenue.

5 Alarm 10-60 (major emergency) has been declared.

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 06:08 PM
link   
A picture from the scene:

Photo: AP

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join