It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

People are running out of Grand Central Station right now.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by TruthWithin

Originally posted by T0by
Running away and crying..man..
The people there are pretty wound up huh.
Only if we were as macho as you...you brave brave man. Way to tell it as it is. Or are you too busy taking pictures of yourself???

Truthwithin, I think our pal TOby was making an honest comment there...remember, you're pretty close to what's going on...we're far away, and commiserating with a city already put through the wringer...

Be cool.

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Be "Cool"?

He brought up no valid point because he added NOTHING aside from calling people a bunch of cry babies.

People who write in on these threads just to put people down or make fun of situations provide a great disservice to ATS.

That was not fun man. Not at all. So forgive me if am not being cool.

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Be "Cool"?
He brought up no valid point because he added NOTHING aside from calling people a bunch of cry babies.

While I'm not comfortable speaking for somebody else, I don't think he was being nasty. If so, you're absolutely right in what you're saying...but I really didn't come away thinking Toby meant anything mean. Let's leave this thought behind til he checks in again. Meanwhile...our thoughts are with y'all, and I certainly don't blame you for being gunshy.

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by NGC2736
russ, If anything, the other late thread could be closed, and this one moved to Breaking News. Do you really think it would be right to shut down a thread by someone who was keeping folks posted on events just because it was in the wrong forum?

That, IMO, is nit picking as an art form.

I would expect them to close this thread and tell the person posting to contribute to the thread that is open in breaking news. I was under the impression thats the way things worked around here. So ill assume that they are just being selective. And i was asking because i thought you had to show some sort of evidence or link supporting a conspiracy. Because if this is the case then every breaking news story is a possible conspiracy. Do you see my point?

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by russ1969

I would expect them to close this thread and tell the person posting to contribute to the thread that is open in breaking news. I was under the impression thats the way things worked around here. So ill assume that they are just being selective. And i was asking because i thought you had to show some sort of evidence or link supporting a conspiracy. Because if this is the case then every breaking news story is a possible conspiracy. Do you see my point?

Yes, I see your point. Did you see mine?

Look at it this way: the OP had no way of knowing, from the info he was getting, if this was another 9/11 scenario or not. Now if it had been,( and bear in mind that even though it now seems to have been a large accident, he couldn't know that then), we would have had him and Truth as our eyes and ears there. Do you really think it would have mattered a tinker's damn what forum it was in?

And as far as links, well, they showed up soon enough from others. And since he didn't put it into Breaking News, then the little linky rule you want to invoke doesn't apply so strictly. In forums outside of BN, the lack of links will get you chided by other members until some show up, but not often locked down.

The fact is that this person thought of us here at ATS first. He didn't say to hell with them, even if some here had family in NYC. He jumped on the news and brought us everything he had as fast as he could. He deserves recognition, not condemnation. So he put it on the wrong thread, whoop-de-doo.

Personally, I think you owe him an apology for the little rant over the deal in the first place. But that's up to the size of the person you are.

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 09:25 PM
link   
And now russ, you see how easy it was for someone on staff to correct the minor error of the right forum? Presto! It's in the news now.

Maybe you can rest easier that the world is well.

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 09:45 PM
link   
I have no comment on the closing of the other topic (and by human nature, people will think negatively of me saying this).

It's not surprising that something burst in NYC. That city is so overloaded, I don't know how it keeps going.

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 10:17 PM
link   
NGC, I dont owe anyone an apology, I wasnt saying anything bad about the person who posted this. But you said it your self, he had no way of knowing. So my point again was If there is no conspiracy that was evident at the time, then why treat is as one. We are told that we must follow these guidelines to be able to post in forums, So my point was not to discredit the op. It was to make the point that every time a breaking news story comes out ,Do you want a bunch of post in this forum saying "its a conspiracy" based on it might have been. If this was the case then i could come up with a conspiracy for every story that hits the news. Now do you see my point. And look at my first post. I made an observation and asked why. Then posted two links to show there was nothing being reported to support a conspiracy. And your point was not my intentions.
And here is my contribution to this post

www.news.com.au...

Hikix, This wasnt something that was directed at you. Thank you for your contribution and keeping everyone up to date on the events that where unfolding. I hope that you see the validity of my question and the point i was making. And if i have upset anyone over this. Well, You'll get over it. I dont think i owe anyone an apology.

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 10:51 PM
link   
i do not expect an apology from anyone. Basically i had inside info that something involving an explosion and mass panic happened in NY. Now, i dont know where any of you guys are from but when something like this happens in NY it could possibly be related to a terrorist attack. Maybe if i lived in Wala Wala, Washington, i wouldnt have posted so early.

So the point that i am making is that i decided to share this info that ive received with other members to possibly protect them or any of their loved ones from something that may be dangerous.

Maybe we should all be thankful that this was just an accident and not something serious before we start barking about if the OP chose the right forum to post in.

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 11:01 PM
link   
russ, I simply found it in poor taste, just my opinion, that you focused on the details of where it was posted. I did not say you were wrong, I only pointed out that it seemed mean spirited to find fault when people were dying and maybe others still in danger.

We can agree to disagree.

On topic. Is there any more news of why this happened? Are they saying how this will impact movement in the city?

And just as a thought, has anyone tried to make political points on this yet?

Edit for spelling--NGC

[edit on 18-7-2007 by NGC2736]

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 11:14 PM
link   
The report says that it was a possible chemicals in the building that caused the explosion.

transcripts.cnn.com...

And death may be something that gets people emotional and caught up in the moment. I for one take it as a fact of life. That may seem harsh to most people but i am not most people. I dont let my emotions from people dying get to me. That doesn't make me a mean person, It is something that has never bothered me. We are born, we live then we die. Its been going through that cycle since the beginning of time. And like i said, If that bothers people than they will have to get over it.

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 11:24 PM
link   

People who write in on these threads just to put people down or make fun of situations provide a great disservice to ATS.

What about people who take a simple comment and blow it out of proportion without first asking for clarification (i.e.: you)? They do a real disservice to ATS too, in my less-than-humble opinion.

I mean you no offense, but if you carefully re-read the post, you will see that there is more than one possible interpretation. I'm inclined to agree with JohnnyCanuck that you could just as easily read the post as being *sympathetic* rather than mocking.

I think your responses thus far have been exceptionally rude considering you have no idea what the author's intention was (mainly since you haven't asked him, at least not anywhere visible in this thread). I hope you take this as your third chance to open your eyes and realize that not everyone is set against you.

Imagine that he had used proper punctuation.. It might have read: "Running away and crying? The people there are pretty wound up, huh?" It is possible to see this as extending sympathy to the people of NYC. Admittedly those sentences are a poor way to go about expressing that sympathy, but human communication is rarely perfect. Sometimes when people don't know what to say but they want to say something, they just repeat the facts in an interrogative manner. And weren't there people running and crying? Aren't those facts? How can you tell the difference between mocking the situation and reporting on it without being able to see body language or hear vocal inflection?

Also, I think you need to take a long, hard look at your reaction to the previous posts and decide if you still believe that you are in the right, before you immediately bounce on the reply button and try to tear me a new one too.

/tn.

[edit on 18-7-2007 by teleonaut]

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Thank you, russ1969. That update was helpful. Sounds like just a bad accident. I can understand NYC freaking some though, after their past events.

We have since heard from our nephew who is in NYC, so my wife can rest easier.

I'm sure there will be a lot of coverage on the news in the morning.

posted on Jul, 19 2007 @ 12:51 AM
link   
Since i did not see these "slightly older" threads, and olny saw this one

www.abovetopsecret.com...

i will post what i asked there, since that should be closed.

I have been looking on the net for details about this, there really is a lack of information, exepct for the fact that this is not terrorism.

We aren't sure of the type of explosition, but we are sure that it wasnt terrorism.

A fourty foot hole is huge, there are reports that buildings shook, but again, this can't be terrorism...

Will we ever know the whole story behing this, not a chance, is it torrism, mabye...

Remember VT, the guy had Abraham Axe on his arm, an Islamic Refrence, but no, not a chance that this could be terror, Al_quadia cant be speading thier power into the US, no, turn the other way and watch TV, thats the new AMERICAN way.
_____

water hammer

en.wikipedia.org...

info on this water hammer, i got to go to work now, but the page gives formulas, so we should be able to get some work done on this.
--------------

It apears something similar happen before 15-20 years ago, i got conflicting reports.

1000's of people cannnot return to thier apartments

I guess the pipe was almost 100 years old, and guess what, was coated with Apestis for inslation.

The only thing i don't like is the black smoke, the steam smoke should be white, water vapor creates a pale white smoke, not black smoke, i think that if there is black smoke, it would be from the Aspesitis burning off, so the air is posined, and now we must worry about what will happen to all the people that have been exposed to this Aspestis.

There are also reports of fire being seen, i don't know where the fire would have came from.

I am leaning towards this just being a freak accident, rather then a sabatage/terror attack, although its too soon for me to rule it out compltly. I think it is just a accident due to old infristructure.

So... do we have more of these time bombs laying around....?

posted on Jul, 19 2007 @ 12:59 AM
link   
I saw this event happening in March... I imagined the smoke to be larger though.

Here is the proof.

www.belowtopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 19 2007 @ 05:09 AM
link   
Wow what a picture! I did not read this eairlier and did not watch any news, but thats very scary looking. I would make a B line out of the area if I saw something like that too. N.Y. Just does not need any more catastrophies large or small. I hope the best for the victims of this fatal accident. Are you sure it was not a terrorist event? I have had the feeling for a couple of weeks that July 18th had significance in the war on terror.

posted on Jul, 19 2007 @ 05:42 AM
link   
Good call from the OP, I think you did the right thing as you have informed us of an event that might have been a terrorist plot, and posted.

Now if you happened to post in the wrong area, which I have done as well, then I usually get a message telling me that the thread has been moved, so we should focus on the follow up statements from MAyor Bloomberg and keep the post on track.

On a conspiracy note, isn't it said that there are sometimes underground wars with aliens, that result in tremors?

On the point about the steam, how is it that a transformer is placed so close to a steam pipe? or, how comes the pipe was so feeble that it blew up?

Furtehrmore, I read that there were three transformer explosions, so what could take out that many transformers? Also, it is now summer, which is the time that those in NYC that can, run for the hills until summer is over, due to the stench in some streets caused by the heat.

This implies LESS people in the City, so how come transformers exploded? And air-conditioners? I mean come on buddy, your telling me that air conditioning could cause a transformer overload during an off-peak time in NYC?

This might just be a conspiracy after all!!!

Now stop bickering and ansa my kweschuns

posted on Jul, 19 2007 @ 06:37 AM
link   

Yes. The people who worked in the building next to the 20 foot crater that was spewing steam and rocks were a little shaken up.

Being covered in mud didn't help much.

Having to stampede down stairs with a thousand other people out into that mess were real sissies.

The worst were the the people who were RIGHT next to it when it happened. I mean it's like c'mon - grow a pair!

Only if we were as macho as you...you brave brave man. Way to tell it as it is.

Or are you too busy taking pictures of yourself???

ohh... so that's what the foe thing was about : )
I was pointing out in my own way how 911 has affected the psyche of the american people. How with any explosion or unknown disturbance they might react in that way now.

I just find that interesting, living in Sydney. And wonder if it would ever come to that over here if we had an event like that.

At the moment all that we're complaining about over here is that the train system sucks = )

And yes, pictures of me are wonderful arent they?

[edit on 19-7-2007 by T0by]

posted on Jul, 19 2007 @ 06:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohnnyCanuck

Only if we were as macho as you...you brave brave man. Way to tell it as it is. Or are you too busy taking pictures of yourself???

Truthwithin, I think our pal TOby was making an honest comment there...remember, you're pretty close to what's going on...we're far away, and commiserating with a city already put through the wringer...

Be cool.

Exactly, and thankyou.
Sorry If I offended anyone

His first thought, he said, was terrorism. “I thought it was a terrorist explosion or something because of everything that has been happening,” he said.

New York Times
1 person Died? I didn't know that :O

`````````````````````
Edit to change 'code' tags into 'ex' tags for external material

[edit on 19/7/07 by masqua]

posted on Jul, 19 2007 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Lets see...someone posts some breaking news and all of a sudden they're chastised for one thing or another?

For Pete's sakes, just read the info, keep your eyes open and stop with the baby stuff. Its really not becoming to any of you.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join