It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cheney pushes Bush to act on Iran

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2007 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe

Originally posted by zeeon
I'd also like to point out that - the insurgents in Iraq are getting their weapons, ammo, food and supplies from somewhere.

THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA. they're supplying them what they need to carry on their "missions!

I can say that pretty safely now.

Got proof of that? I'd say your crazy if you think we're intentionally prolonging a war in iraq. There's money to be made (with oil), why prolong it any further than we have to?

posted on Jul, 16 2007 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Got proof of that? I'd say your crazy if you think we're intentionally prolonging a war in Iraq. There's money to be made (with oil), why prolong it any further than we have to?

Because in order to drill the oil it has to be handle by the Iraqi government and that right now is almost impossible.

Beside the profiteers of war are doing quite well with things they way they are and the billions of dollars allocated for war.

Oil goes missing in Iraq everyday under the watchfull eye of our government but nobody knows where is heading or who have it.

posted on Jul, 16 2007 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Exactly Marg! The Iraq war is MEANT to be long, the own Pentagon plans is to stay in Iraq for 30 years! Have you red the new report saying that the soldiers were ordered to ``crank-up`` the violence towards Iraqis? What does that say to you?

Also, Iraq is not so much about oil, (unless it's for making prices rise and it is) it's about selling weapon, putting puppet government, instauring a police state at home... in short, Saddam was too kind, too much oil was flowing and there was not enough death, destruction, war and demand for weapons in the world and precisely in the middle-east.

posted on Jul, 16 2007 @ 11:50 PM
link   
What?

Don't leave your mess for another President to Pick up.
Just let them do what they want to do until they hurt us.
Once they do, We will nuke the SOBs back to the stone age.

posted on Jul, 17 2007 @ 02:55 AM
link   
This can only be good news, because now Iran has been threatening the U.S. for the last few years now and it's time to take action...as Cheney says. Thank goodness for Cheney...we have someone working for America.

posted on Jul, 17 2007 @ 04:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by scooler1
Did anyone watch the CBS show Jericho? These senarios you all are putting forth seems to be very similar to that show. Now I wonder if this is the plan that is in the works why air a TV show that deals with the same plan? Is it to subliminally tell people what to expect or how to prepare or is someone at CBS trying to avert this plan by making it mainstream?

I love that show. It is NUTS!

I also love how China was air-dropping the decimated U.S. care packages. And the bastardized American flag at the end of last season was awesome. A very well written television program.

I think CBS trying to play with our fears a little to get ratings, which obviously isn't working very well. I guess by that rationale though, that you could say that a show like ABC's Invasion is preparing us for an invasion of aliens. I guess anything possible, but I think Jericho is over-the-top as too believe it is anywhere based in reality. And if their was a nefarious plan like that in place do you think this very powerful government individual, the main conspirator, would allow it to air.

Maybe they secretly telling us to move to Jericho, Kansas to be safe from fallout. Oh wait, it's a fictional town. Get it, not real.

As said before, I also watched the last season of 24, which dealt with suitcase nukes. I know that scenario is somewhat possible. Of course, we don't have to worry too much, because Jack Bauer will be their to save the day and kick butt while doing it.

TV isn't reality, it's entertainment (not that you can't learn from it). I just don't think you can wholeheartedly believe that any television program is a guide to the future. You have to remember that TV networks by getting ratings to get and increase ad costs to make a profit. I have an advertising background I should know that TV is a very competitive marketplace, so they do whatever they can to make money and high ratings.

America right now is going a little conspiracy crazy if you ask me and they know it in a big way.

I guess you could call them fear profiteers.

posted on Jul, 17 2007 @ 04:57 AM
link   
I am shocked that some of you find that attacking Iran is a good idea. In truth, nothing good can come from attacking Iran unless you consider world war to be good. Although I have no doubt we will go after Iran. The ground work is already being set to show them as a "threat", it is just a matter of time before the Bush administration finds a way to sell it to the public, and what better way to sell it then by fear? Make the people scared for their safety and they will do almost anything or give up almost anything to feel safe. If 9/11 did not happen, there is no way the Patriot Act would have EVER been passed.

For the person who said you can not understand attacking any country for having Nukes.... did you forget the official reason for going into Iraq to begin with? They had WMDs and they had to be stopped.

Now for everyone who keeps saying that Mahmoud Ahmadinejad said that Israel should be "wiped off the map" you might want to look into that a bit further. Unless you are able to translate that speech for yourself, you are pretty much having to trust someone else's interpretation and this has been a subject of much debate. Did he really say that?

Granted not the most reliable source, but it was the quickest one I could find. If you look into it further there are other very credible sources.

posted on Jul, 17 2007 @ 07:46 AM
link   
I agree with the first two sentences of the above poster.
Shocked any one could think it is a good idea.

posted on Jul, 17 2007 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by TeslaandLyne

Forget it, no JFK is going to appear to end any conflict..

But we can't ask JFK now can we.

Now Nixon was a gutless so and so who would have never ever

stopped Nam unless under order from the Illuminati.

But why Nixon ended Nam is ???

I got this...... I take it your a Democrat? Sorry if im wrong but.......

First off, JFK wasn’t the great man everyone thinks he was.

a) His daddy Joe made him president by making back room deals with the mafia and his ties to the elite in America.

b) JFK cheated on his wife.

c) JFK left thousands of Cuban rebels to die on the beach in the Bay of Pigs back stabbing.

d) He then stabbed those who got him elected (The Mob) in the back and turn coated on Vietnam so he pissed off the Military as well.

Leading to his assassination IMO.

Now Nixon, tricky dick at the very least had balls and stepped down when the heat was on. Nixon and his boy the G-man Liddy took thier punishments like men with out giving up their peers or rolling over on thier friends.

Nixon stopped Vietnam because of the unrest at home here in America. All the draft dodging college brats got the peace movement going and the stress of a fractured nation was more than Nixon could bare. We had Hanoi Jane sleeping with the Cong. General unrest that could have brought the country down.

Don’t trash Nixon when your boy Fellow democrat LBJ and his puppet McNamara escalated Vietnam more than any one did, so LBJ's wife Lady bird who held major stock in "Bell helicopter" could continue making huge profits.

So don’t bash Nixon for being a stand up man when your democrats all live in glass houses. And couldnt lead a horse to water if they were in the middle of the atlantic on a Tom Sawyer raft.

Edited to reflect Lady Bird Johnson held stock in Bell Helicopter not owning it.

[edit on 17-7-2007 by geemony]

posted on Jul, 17 2007 @ 08:34 AM
link   
They better do it fast, We're replacing the 2 aircraft carriers we have in the gulf in 2 weeks with one and then by 2008 we wont have any there.

www.worldtribune.com...

posted on Jul, 17 2007 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Not only did the Iranian president say it, he has said it again and again.
He is only saying what most of if not all Muslims feel, and thats that Jews do not belong in the Middle East and they tarnish their soil.

To understand why he and others would feel this way you have to understand that he and most of them are strongly religious, so you have to understand their religious views.

It goes back to the sons of Abraham, Isaac and Ishmael. Ishmael was born from Abraham and his handmaiden, and Isaac was born from Abraham and his wife Sarah. Ishmael came first but after Isaac was born, Abraham sent him and his mother away in favor of the child born from wedlock. Ishmael was jealous, hurt and wanted revenge against his Jewish family.
Muslims trace their roots back to one person, that being Ishmael.
Jews trace their roots back to one person, that being Isaac.

What we see today is a continuation of this bitterness, and it even goes back farther to the story of Cain and Abel.

This is a story being played out over the years, a story of humanity finding its path as written by God and manipulated by Satan.
The answers are all in that book called the Bible.

posted on Jul, 17 2007 @ 08:41 AM
link   
What many are not seeing is the conflict between Cheney and Bush in the white house. Cheney is planning for a while to come with a strategy around the president in case Bush doesn’t attack Iran.

Rumors are that Cheney is working closely with Israel to have a small-scale attack so US will have not other choice but be involved in the conflict.

How truth is this, well you have heard the rumors for months and we have seen the head lines of those rumors here in ATS.

It seems that Cheney is running out of stem and have his own group of people planning how to get into Iran. Showing what many around Washington see as insubordination against the president.

According to this official, Cheney believes that Bush can not be counted on to make the "right decision" when it comes to dealing with Iran and thus Cheney believes that he must tie the President's hands.

www.thewashingtonnote.com...

If US pulls out of Iraq without attacking Iran Haliburton blood supply will be cut and occurs Cheney can not let that happen.

posted on Jul, 17 2007 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043

Got proof of that? I'd say your crazy if you think we're intentionally prolonging a war in Iraq. There's money to be made (with oil), why prolong it any further than we have to?

Because in order to drill the oil it has to be handle by the Iraqi government and that right now is almost impossible.

Beside the profiteers of war are doing quite well with things they way they are and the billions of dollars allocated for war.

Oil goes missing in Iraq everyday under the watchfull eye of our government but nobody knows where is heading or who have it.

I have to respectfully disagree with your interpretation. You said that in order to drill, it has to be handled by the Iraqi government, and your right, it is almost impossible. So your saying that we're drilling it and using it (and price gouging american's?) I'm not so sure about that. I won't ask you for proof, because I'm pretty sure you can't provide any anyway...so I'm just going to assume thats speculation.

We all know halliburton has serious interest in oil over in Iraq. The fact that the war is being prolonged, is, imho, NOT good for business. If your saying that we're stealing the oil from the iraqi government - I too find that hard to believe. It would be cheaper and safer to let the Iraqi's drill it (I mean after all, how much is spent by us protecting the oil right now, vice letting the iraqi's do it and us just purchasing it from them at a reduce rate?)

I know our administration is messed up, but I really have a hard time believing we are supplying the insurgents to kill our own soldiers. Thats just too far fetched for me.

posted on Jul, 17 2007 @ 09:47 AM
link   
ford farmer, sorry, dude,...I don't know how to put it politely but ...hmmm..god help me right now,..you are...comon (talking to myself), time will forgive you... Just....say it, BitDust!.Now or never!!!

..You are an imbecil, FordFarmer!!!
(Thunder clash shattering the windows ....Ufff.. God is going to prise me for stating this..I know she will! Fighting violent wind outbreak..Here, this is a sign I hear ina form of thunder clash outside my window...I knew it..But God will forgive me...I cared all my life for those in need..and brain dead.

posted on Jul, 17 2007 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Missing oil in Iraq

Government Report Finds 300,000 Barrels Go Missing Each Day.
After four years of war and $38 billion in aid, Iraq still does not have accurate meters to measure how much is being exported.

abcnews.go.com...

This is not a speculation nor rumors this happening under the watchful eyes of the US.

Oil goes missing with all the security in the ports in Iraq monitor by Halliburton and US security.

Funny that nobody knows what is going on with the oil.

I will say the oil is magically disappearing.

Confidential Document on Iraq Oil Lobbying

www.globalpolicy.org...

In order for Iraq to be ahead on oil production it will required investors to supply the money for new oil drilling plants.

Right now Only US is giving the choice to the Iraqi government but at the cost of very lucrative deals to benefit US companies.

Oil is not an issue to benefit us the regular American citizen but to benefit the oil barons that will be drilling that oil.

One thing is oil contracts for drilling a very lucrative business, and another oil refineries to produce oil and lower costs.

The later is our domestic problem.

posted on Jul, 17 2007 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by laiguana
This can only be good news, because now Iran has been threatening the U.S. for the last few years now and it's time to take action...as Cheney says. Thank goodness for Cheney...we have someone working for America.

I was under the impression that Iran had done nothing, and still isn't, doing anything wrong. It was America who provoked the current situation by insulting Iran and claiming it is developing nuclear weapons, all because it "needs to destroy Israel and in return ensure its own death, all for 72 virgins.."

Even if they were to develop nuclear weapons, it would have nothing to do with the fact that Israel was the first to introduce nuclear weapons into the MiddleEast, aswell as outright denying it for decades, despite evidence of the Dimona facility being brought to the worlds attention.. would it now?

The very fact that you state "Cheney is working for America" makes me feel angry, because you are showing a clear love for someone who quite blatently has no one elses interests at heart apart from his own, and they don't exactly align with what America wants!

Cheney is the prime example of whats wrong with America and its government. He is an out right lying manipulator, satisfying his own selfish desires with the blood of innocent nieve citizens, some who had no choice but to join the military, but who had no intention of fighting an unjust war against a nation that did nothing to deserve destruction.

Attacking Iran will result in Israel being destroyed.

Do you not see the irony in this? How the sides that are claiming that there is an "axis of evil" are infact the axis of evil themselves, and are willing to terminate their "experiement" in the MiddleEast for the benefit of the elite.. and not the benefit of the ordinary American citizen, who will pay dearly if Iran is attacked.

America can not afford another war of terror. The only way it can is to enslave its population even more than it is at present.

But thats what you want, isn't it? You want to be "patriotic"..

[edit on 17-7-2007 by shrunkensimon]

posted on Jul, 17 2007 @ 10:19 AM
link   
marg6043, seductive avatar Lady.
Iraq war is private business. Like any pirvate business, no one has constitutional right to know, to report to your princess self where, how, who, for what purpose, why, how much, when, to whom, costs, expencies, time, my buddies, names, amount, agenda, slack, sluts, money, poison, AMOUNT OF DEAD..and so on..
I kiss your ass

posted on Jul, 17 2007 @ 10:20 AM
link   
I don't think Dick has the Balls to attack Iran.

Iran is NOT Iraq.

And with the current F.U.B.A.R. situation in Iraq and the current not such a big support of the people of America and the World regarding Bushy foreign policies - I really do not think that they could spread their tentacles to Iran too. That would be a big dumb and extremly stupid mistake (another one).

posted on Jul, 17 2007 @ 10:34 AM
link   
soulj
I really do hope your right. The only thing that makes me worry is that this administration seems to have no problem doing things weather the people want it or not.

posted on Jul, 17 2007 @ 10:43 AM
link   
The fact that we are reducing our presence in the gulf and not increasing it makes an attack on Iran more unlikely with each passing day. Not to mention that Foxnews reported last week that the military played out simulated wargames against Iran and they didnt like the outcome. They did not specify what the outcome was or suggest that it was defeat, only that they didnt like the way it turned out.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join