It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cheney pushes Bush to act on Iran

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2007 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by shrunkensimon
The fact the "the holocaust" refers to just the one in Nazi Germany shows the truth, aswell as the laws prohibiting people from questioning any of the history, in some countries, should be a red flag. There are far worse attrocities that have happened in our history, many worse holocausts, but yet we focus on this one..

Just so you know, my grandfather lost most of his family in the holocaust, including brothers, sisters, and parents. Also other people in my family (farther out relations) have lost family members as well. I would love to hear their reactions when you tell them the holocaust was just made up. Again, you are showing your total ignorance and hate when you question the holocaust's truth.

posted on Jul, 20 2007 @ 06:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by MidnightDStroyer
[In several places around these forums, I've always stressed the fact that, if Bush gets yanked out of Office, Cheney has to go too...To allow Cheney to retain any spot in the "Order of Succession" would be a "sin" to the Constitution.

Hey im with you there, but fact is the constitution was used up in this administration long time ago. I will insert a comment from another site because i think it shows the complete disregard for the consitution by Bush and his posse. I can not confirm this was accully said, but i can believe it was said.

""FREEDOM MEANS HAVING NOTHING ELSE TO LOSE"
G.W.B. - 1-20-2005

"Mr. President, one aide in the meeting said. "There is a valid case that the provisions in this law undermine the Constitution."
"Stop throwing the Constitution in my face,"Bush screamed back. |
"It's just a goddamned piece of paper!"
G.W.B. - 12-11-2005 (taken from DOGEC)

www.greatdreams.com...

posted on Jul, 22 2007 @ 08:51 AM
link   
you said "Bilderberg saw the price of barril (sic) by the end 2008 to be around 250-300$... "

That's okay....that's why US companies are investing very heavily in development of the tar sands in Alberta (that's in Canada for all geographically challenged readers)....

Canada will come to the rescue in the short term.....

posted on Jul, 22 2007 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by frailty
Iran is a tricky situation right now. One one hand, you can say that you can see and see if the sanctions work. On the other hand, you can say that Iran is hellbent on "wiping Israel off the map," which is what Ahmadinejad said. Of course, that could be just empty threats. I don't know where you draw the line in making threats against enemies. I just think it is dangerous when a country is a theocratic state, especially if the group is radicalized, thinking destruction for religious purposes is alright.

Not to get off topic but I believe " Wipe Israel off the map " is an intentional misrepresentation.

Date: Sun, 23 Apr 2006 15:34:18 -0400 From: "Cole, Juan"

The speech in Persian is here:

Sorry that I misremembered the exact phrase Ahmadinejad had used. He made an analogy to Khomeini's determination and success in getting rid of the Shah's government, which Khomeini had said "must go" (az bain bayad berad). Then Ahmadinejad defined Zionism not as an Arabi-Israeli national struggle but as a Western plot to divide the world of Islam with Israel as the pivot of this plan.

The phrase he then used as I read it is "The Imam said that this regime occupying Jerusalem (een rezhim-e ishghalgar-e qods) must [vanish from] from the page of time (bayad az safheh-ye ruzgar mahv shavad)."

Ahmadinejad was not making a threat, he was quoting a saying of Khomeini and urging that pro-Palestinian activists in Iran not give up hope-- that the occupation of Jerusalem was no more a continued inevitability than had been the hegemony of the Shah's government.

Whatever this quotation from a decades-old speech of Khomeini may have meant, Ahmadinejad did not say that "Israel must be wiped off the map" with the implication that phrase has of Nazi-style extermination of a people. He said that the occupation regime over Jerusalem must be erased from the page of time.

I found these links very helpful in understanding the situation with Iran.
www.juancole.com...
And this one, which is the Iranian equivalent of White House. Gov.
www.president.ir...
The Speeches and documents sections is very good.
With respect to the thread.......Going into Iran would be obscene. Dems & Reps must be held equally responsible for allowing this nightmare to continue. By now we should be well beyond the silly notion of fight THEM there or HERE. For me it is personal. It now takes me one hour to get to my garage. I must crawl on my belly, AR15 an Glock 21 in hand, turning over ever rock, looking for all those sleeper cells. My suits look like crap.

posted on Jul, 22 2007 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by eNaR
you said "Bilderberg saw the price of barril (sic) by the end 2008 to be around 250-300$... "

That's okay....that's why US companies are investing very heavily in development of the tar sands in Alberta (that's in Canada for all geographically challenged readers)....

Canada will come to the rescue in the short term.....

We do have alot of oil to spare here in Canada, but the output rate isn't fast enough. I'd expect the US to continue using Middle Eastern countries oil for a while... at least until we can get the refineries up and running at a rate that can supply everyone.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join