It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When did you wake up and what triggered it?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2007 @ 07:11 PM
link   
I 'woke up' or started noticing what was really going on around me sometime in between 2002 and 2003.

Sometime in 2002 I started hearing of conspiracy theories regarding 9/11. At first I was skeptical. I barely knew what a conspiracy theory even was at this time other then hearing a little bit about the JFK assassination but this didn't interest me very much.

I started doing some of my own research and watching 9/11 videos and reading up on it. That eventually led me to this site sometime in 03 and I've been lurking and 'waking up' ever since.

How about you guys?

posted on Jul, 14 2007 @ 07:31 PM
link   
I suspected 911 was a Mossad false flag when they immediately "knew" it was Bin Laden who was behind it. Then when Bush began the Iraq rhetoric, that sealed the deal. I knew months beforehand that the US would definitely attack Iraq no matter what, since it was in the Israeli interests and they were lobbying so heavily for it, much like they've been lobbying for us to attack Iran. We're like their big kid brother who can be cajoled into doing their fighting for them, and Bush isn't one to say no.

posted on Jul, 14 2007 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Well, I wouldn't consider anyone fully "awake" by any means. A layperson cannot find the "truth" without a trail of lies put in place to misguide you through your quest. Life is the search for knowledge. However, knowledge has been warped and skewed to favor the adgendas of secret elite people.

If knowledge is hidden from the world then NOBODY can "wake up" because what your thinking is reality, is really just a twisted version of an elite power-groups vision.

Some select few may have a grasp on the "truth" but even then, the individual would be subject to manipulation by higher-up's on the truth ladder.

So what if a world government was formed and they wanted to disclose the truth of all things? Would you believe what was said? Even now if any government told the "truth" would you believe it?

What is the "truth?"
Something you can touch or feel? Hard evidence? Global approval?

If you think about it, was is the truth?
Its a manmade idea of reality to confort them in knowing that the world has absolutes.

What is true?
You and I are here....um thats all I can think of..........

I believe we will "wake up" when we die. Human minds aren't capeable of knowing the "truth" of the grand picture in order to "wake up."

Over and out

[edit on 14-7-2007 by IMAdamnALIEN]

[edit on 15-7-2007 by IMAdamnALIEN]

posted on Jul, 14 2007 @ 08:11 PM
link   
"When did you wake up and what triggered it?"

Well...

Let's see...I woke up at 6:00am this morning, and what triggered it was the alarm clock...

Hope that helps

posted on Jul, 14 2007 @ 10:16 PM
link   
I've always believed that out of all the seemingly crackpot theories floating around out there, one of them was probably real.

However, only after Bush passed the executive order giving him the power to freeze the democratic process in the event of a "national emergency" did I really get the idea that there was something bigger out there, a hidden agenda which everything that had happened since Bush had come into office (actually, probably long before that) was leading up to.

I don't believe a lot of the conspiracy theories out on the internet, but I do believe that people need to think objectively, free from social norms, and that there's no reason why something that makes logical sense can't be true.

[edit on 14-7-2007 by SamuraiDrifter]

posted on Jul, 14 2007 @ 11:50 PM
link   
i think many people wake up to realize the cover-ups that occur because of this site and how main stream it can be, especially after lurking on here, and reading and be influenced by people's theory's. in short

my curiousity got me involved and my critical thinking skills then woke me up

but IMaDAMNalien said it best in his post, truth is in the eye of the beholder and can be molded based on different perspectives that people Believe, and based on false absolutes. so much disinfo out there 2 boot.

people wake up to a SEA of lies and deception where nothing is trustworhy and anything is possible

advice have fun in life, forgive yourself and love and accept yourself for everything you have been through, and then try to have fun in a way that enriches other's lives, and oh ya following these rules as well as treating others in a way you are willing to be treated, anything you ask and wish for in life (consistently for at least 2 weeks) following these rules can be manifested by yourself in the "physical plane"- this is real magick

posted on Jul, 15 2007 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Thanks cpdaman!

I like this.....

Originally posted by cpdaman
people wake up to a SEA of lies and deception where nothing is trustworhy and anything is possible

You are completely right! ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE!!!

Just don't believe everything you hear and keep a level head. Ultimately you will filter some truth through the sea of lies.

posted on Jul, 15 2007 @ 12:16 PM
link   
My father lent me his copy of "Behold A Pale Horse" by William Cooper back in about 1995, instructing me to read it from cover to cover. It's all snowballed since.

posted on Jul, 15 2007 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by IMAdamnALIEN
Well, I wouldn't consider anyone fully "awake" by any means.
You're right, I wouldn't either.

A layperson cannot find the "truth" without a trail of lies put in place to misguide you through your quest. Life is the search for knowledge. However, knowledge has been warped and skewed to favor the adgendas of secret elite people.
exactly my point

If knowledge is hidden from the world then NOBODY can "wake up" because what your thinking is reality, is really just a twisted version of an elite power-groups vision.

Some select few may have a grasp on the "truth" but even then, the individual would be subject to manipulation by higher-up's on the truth ladder.will we ever get to the top?

So what if a world government was formed and they wanted to disclose the truth of all things? Would you believe what was said? Even now if any government told the "truth" would you believe it?
if they showed it to me. but even still.. i would be very skeptical. ahh very good question man! i dont really know

What is the "truth?"
Something you can touch or feel? Hard evidence? Global approval?
the truth, in my opinion, is knowledge of self. being comfortable with yourself and being the best person you can be. i guess. but to have these characteristics i think you need to be open and know what is going on in the world around you and seek the truth of your highest capabilities. if that make sence

If you think about it, was is the truth?
Its a manmade idea of reality to confort them in knowing that the world has absolutes.
thats what they try to make it...but thats not what it is

What is true?
You and I are here....um thats all I can think of..........

I believe we will "wake up" when we die. Human minds aren't capeable of knowing the "truth" of the grand picture in order to "wake up."

Over and out

[edit on 14-7-2007 by IMAdamnALIEN]

[edit on 15-7-2007 by IMAdamnALIEN]

^^most defiantly thanks for the response man i enjoyed it.

[edit on 15-7-2007 by The Phantom]

posted on Jul, 15 2007 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jedi_Master

Well...

Let's see...I woke up at 6:00am this morning, and what triggered it was the alarm clock...

Hope that helps

6 AM? on a saturday? whats up with that man?

posted on Jul, 15 2007 @ 07:52 PM
link   
I get up every morning at ACTUALLY 4:30 am even on the weekends. Been my job to do this for 21 years.

I retired and now I get up 4 times a night starting at 1210, 1:35, 3:11, 4:30 and I cant shake it at all, no matter how late I stay up ever.

Recently I been having vivid dreams of friends calling my name while sleeping so real it scares me to death. Dont know how to explain it.

posted on Jul, 15 2007 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Keebie
I get up every morning at ACTUALLY 4:30 am even on the weekends. Been my job to do this for 21 years.

I retired and now I get up 4 times a night starting at 1210, 1:35, 3:11, 4:30 and I cant shake it at all, no matter how late I stay up ever.

Recently I been having vivid dreams of friends calling my name while sleeping so real it scares me to death. Dont know how to explain it.

i wake up at 5AM every morning work and usually wake up at around 5 on weekends too but i just fall back asleep

sorry to hear about your problem man..

but anyways, back to the topic at hand..

posted on Jul, 15 2007 @ 08:32 PM
link   
an uncle of mine (lebanese side) told met that 911 was done by the CIA, while we were drinking a bottle of wine over christmas 2003. i laughed (didnt know the guy that well) and he got upset and started feeding me all sorts of info which i must admit now went in one ear and out the other, but did leave some interest. when i got home i started researching online and have not been able to stop since.

I have a confession to make though. i wish i didn't know, i wish i was back to being ignorant and asleep. i was happier then, and i acctually had goals. now im just sitting here waiting for the world to change.

I grew up believing that the people in charge were the ones best suited for the job, now i know that they are a bunch of two face criminals that dont give a damb about me, except that i go along with what ever they say.

posted on Jul, 15 2007 @ 08:58 PM
link   
I can remember the moment like it was yesterday. I was 9 years old and was playing baseball in the street. Went to get the ball in some bushes. ran into the street and got hit by a car. Broke my femur bone in my right leg. When i got to the hospital they injected me with morphine. When i awoke from that ( about 24 hours later) I had a whole different outlook on everything. Since then ive had a gift to see things before they happen. And i have so many questions that i know i will never get until the day i die. What ive discovered is that nothing in this physical world matters. In the end everything is all one thing. piece and harmony and the knowledge of all things. And all things are just one. very hard to explain but there it is in a nut shell.But for some reason i still look for answers because my brain wont stop thinking about another experience that also told me that there is still one thing that i dont know. The problem is i dont even know the question to that answer. Does that make sense to you. Its all very hard to grasp at this point. But it has led me here to A.T.S. and i believe that was meant to be. I believe the time is close for all of us to see the truth. I see things in my dreams and lately they have been telling me alot. and i dont like what im seeing.

posted on Jul, 15 2007 @ 09:07 PM
link   
tom goose,

you bring up a very strong point.

i often feel the same way.

posted on Jul, 15 2007 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by tom goose

I have a confession to make though. i wish i didn't know, i wish i was back to being ignorant and asleep. i was happier then, and i acctually had goals. now im just sitting here waiting for the world to change.

This is the wrong attitude. Now that you see the world for what it is how can you say this?

It is up to us, those who have seen some element of truth in this chaotic storm of lies, to inspire change. Whether you like it or not, you now hold the key to making things better, and it is your duty to create real happiness.

It is better to know we are living a lie than to blindly follow it. Where it leads is not good, and it must be stopped.

posted on Jul, 16 2007 @ 01:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vipassana

Originally posted by tom goose

This is the wrong attitude. Now that you see the world for what it is how can you say this?

It is up to us, those who have seen some element of truth in this chaotic storm of lies, to inspire change. Whether you like it or not, you now hold the key to making things better, and it is your duty to create real happiness.

It is better to know we are living a lie than to blindly follow it. Where it leads is not good, and it must be stopped.

good choice of words Vipassana, i wanted to say something along these lines as well but you said it 10x better then i could have

posted on Jul, 16 2007 @ 01:53 AM
link   
I thought this was going to be a very interesting topic regarding neurological issues and how the human brain moves from a sleep state to a wakeful state.

posted on Jul, 16 2007 @ 02:03 AM
link   
nerdling im sorry if i picked a poor title for my topic. if you can think of one that suits it better and would like to change it then be my guest

posted on Jul, 16 2007 @ 02:08 AM
link   
Oh no, I'm just messing around. It fits in well with what you're discussing.

I've been reading about the human brain for the past few hours and its quite fascinating.

Also, to make a valid contribution to this thread I think it was when Diana died I first started having thoughts of actions being set in motion by 'higher powers' of a less than divine nature.

I had always believed in UFOs and cover ups though so I'm not sure I can put a definitive date on it.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join