It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When did you wake up and what triggered it?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2007 @ 02:16 AM
link   
yea you bring up a good case about princess diana though it was a bit young when it occured.

ive also always thought ufos and extra terrestrials are the real deal. when i was younger i used to be scared of aliens landing in my back yard and taking me into there ship

posted on Jul, 16 2007 @ 02:30 AM
link   
It looks like I'm the only person to do this--I took Phantom's OP kind of specifically to mean "wake up to 911." If it's more general, then it would be around 1968 when they released the conclusions of the Condon Report on UFOs, basically saying it was a bunch of hooey, such as:

If they [scientists] agree with our conclusions, they will turn their valuable attention and talents elsewhere.

Oh they didn't stop there. They had advice for school teachers as well:

Therefore we strongly recommend that teachers refrain from giving students credit for school work based on their reading of the presently available UFO books and magazine articles.

At that point I was pretty sure there was a certain "control" factor in the government I didn't much like or trust.

posted on Jul, 16 2007 @ 02:56 AM
link   
oh yea, its not just about 9/11 thats just what got me personally into this culture of non mainstream information.

posted on Jul, 16 2007 @ 04:39 AM
link   
Well as for me... I dunno, I ALWAYS thought that what we see with our eyes and hear with our ears was only the surface of a much bigger "thing" out there. I always felt that there was SOMEthing going on that I didn't know about.

I guess I got into Conspiracies at about age 12 or 13 (1987 or 1988). My life underwent a fairly dramatic change at that point (parental divorce... it was amicable though) and I guess I just wanted to be part of the bigger picture. I put my toys away so to speak, and started my adult life of trying to learn everything about everything.

posted on Jul, 16 2007 @ 04:47 AM
link   
I haven't shared this with anyone else besides my brother. I was drunk when I poured out about this incident, but, we discovered that we shared another interest besides partying.

Anyways,

The first time I "woke up" was when I was around the age of 7. My father and I were messing around in a field extremely close to our house. We pretty much spent the whole afternoon out there playing soccer. By the time the sun was gone we resorted to play fighting/tickling all that junk and at one moment (after I was put on my back being tickled) I saw a huge, and I mean, enormous craft flying right above me.

At that moment I was telling my father to turn around and look but he thought I was trying to trick him to get out of the tickle trap. So, he didn't look. I've been pretty much beating myself from that day forward, I couldn't get him to look to confirm what I was seeing was really there.

Now, to explain exactly what I saw:

The craft was large and circular. There was a triangle wedge missing from the circle itself, almost like it was bitten out of it. The color was almost exactly as that of the night sky. It had very faint lights which were all glowing white and moved completely silently. At the time I didn't know anything about UFOs besides typical kid stuff. My parents allowed me to watch and play pretty much anything I wanted to, though. Which possibly could have lead to me imagining something like this.

I thought so up until about a year ago. The reason why I had believed so all this time was simply because I had never, ever, ever, EVER seen another UFO that looked like the one I had seen. That all changed after I had witnessed the NASA videos, especially the Tether one. The craft in all of those looked exactly like the ones I had seen, except, they seemed to be of pure energy and not solid like the one I had seen. If you've seen them then you'll understand from my explanation.

Up until that point I was more interested in government conspiracies like that of 9/11 which to me screamed bullcrap. Nothing seemed to be right about it and nothing seemed to fit perfectly. But after I had seen the Tether video I was moved to find a community dedicated to alternative topics, so, here I am finally.

The overall "knowledge" that I would gain (and still am) through this whole ordeal can very well be attributed to that one moment in my life though. Without it, I think I'd be believing in all sorts of fallacy.

posted on Jul, 17 2007 @ 01:02 AM
link   
OMG!!!

That is incredible!!!
Before you even mentioned the tether incident I was mentally picturing the exact same craft you described. Its incredible that you witnessed this at such a young age and remember it vividly to this day, which also leads me to believe this actually happened to you. Quite fascinating indeed,

Did you see the craft just appear out of nowhere or did it just float into view?
Can you remember it being perfectly visible or did it seem to have a cloaking device?

Nice post man, keep us updated!

[edit on 17-7-2007 by IMAdamnALIEN]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join