It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran's Jews Reject Cash Offer to Move to Israel

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:
Dae

posted on Jul, 14 2007 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mekanic
Then Iran offers the Iranian Jews money to go to Israel?

No, its wealthy Jews who are offering the money to Iranian Jews, not the Israel government per se, but from a 'special fund'.

posted on Jul, 14 2007 @ 11:30 AM
link   
I read it, but still. You don't tell the world that such and such country needs to be wiped off the map and then try to convince people to go to that country!

posted on Jul, 14 2007 @ 01:36 PM
link   

I read it, but still. You don't tell the world that such and such country needs to be wiped off the map and then try to convince people to go to that country!

It is not Iran thats offering the money. It is Jewish Iranians who have left Iran that are offering the Iranian Jews living in Iran currently the offer of money to leave the country.

Also no one has threatened to wipe any country off the map.

Edit to add: There is now an article on Haaretz regarding this. I dunno if they use the Blogger as a source though.

www.haaretz.com...

[edit on 14-7-2007 by ThePieMaN]

posted on Jul, 14 2007 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by bodrul

I dont take blogs seriously as they can easily be manipulated with lies and so on
do you have a actuil source not some archive which was just typed up by someone

This is a sorce that is not a blog

SHIRAZ, Iran — The convictions last month of 10 Jews who were accused of spying for Israel appears to have sounded a death knell for a historic community that has survived in Iran for 2,500 years.
Many of the Jews left in Iran are quietly preparing to sell their property and get out.
A secret escape route across the southeastern deserts by bus, jeep and donkey to Pakistan, used by many Jews since the 1979 Islamic Revolution in Iran, has recently slammed shut, Jewish sources said.
But these days Persian Jews are leaving legally, through Austria or Cyprus, to Israel or the United States.
In a narrow back street of ancient mud-walled streets the father of one of the imprisoned Shiraz men sat in sadness, selling melons and tomatoes. He refused to talk to a visitor.

posted on Jul, 14 2007 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Redgolem just so you know it wasn't just Jews that were indicted on that same case. There were also Muslims that were found guilty as well. Also several people were aquitted. The rest confessed on national Iranian TV.

posted on Jul, 14 2007 @ 06:27 PM
link   

I've got a disturbing feeling about this. Ahmenijad (sp?) being the guy who says that Israel needs to be wiped off the face of the earth?

He never said that.

Then Iran offers the Iranian Jews money to go to Israel?

They never did that. Disinfo isn't welcomed here.

Seems almost like shooting fish in a barrel.

And who's doing the shooting?

I think that the whole point to getting them to go to Israel is to gather them into one place, thus making it easier to eliminate them. To me, that really what it looks like.

Who's making them go?

posted on Jul, 14 2007 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Ok, point taken. I was mistaken. I swear I read a while back that he said both the US and Israel should be wiped off the face of the earth. But I guess I was wrong.

posted on Jul, 15 2007 @ 12:43 AM
link   
Interesting, that is almost exactly what Hitler did before he started killing them in concenration camps. tried getting them to leave, then tried giving them to other countries, who by the way refused them even the U.S., and then he started killing them. The only difference is the inflation, hitler said they could leave with 4 dollars the Iranians are giving 30,000.

posted on Jul, 15 2007 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by theindependentjournal
Interesting, that is almost exactly what Hitler did before he started killing them in concenration camps. tried getting them to leave, then tried giving them to other countries, who by the way refused them even the U.S., and then he started killing them. The only difference is the inflation, hitler said they could leave with 4 dollars the Iranians are giving 30,000.

So you are comparing Jews to Hitler now? Wow. Thats a big turnabout. Since its not Iran thats offering the money I would never think you would compare the Jews that were offering this money to the remaining Iranian Jews to Hitler.

I dont think Id go that far but they are definitly trying to incite an exodus and perhaps later claim it as they "were driven out" or being a pogrom even though it was the Jews themselves doing the offering.

Good for those Iranian Jews tho. At least they prove their true roots and identity are more important then anything else including money.

posted on Jul, 15 2007 @ 04:15 AM
link   
Is this the sign for the impending attack on Iran, is it a case of Israelis not wanting to be accused of killing their own when they attack?

posted on Jul, 15 2007 @ 04:35 AM
link   
It would definitely hold a major negative image on Israel by Jews worldwide, if Israel killed any Iranian Jews. With Israel constantly preaching that it's the only safe haven in the world for Jews, and then either mistakingly or knowingly killing Jews in Iran, if a war were to happen, then many Jews around the world would question Israel's loyalty to Jewish safety.

posted on Jul, 15 2007 @ 04:39 AM
link   

Ok, point taken. I was mistaken. I swear I read a while back that he said both the US and Israel should be wiped off the face of the earth. But I guess I was wrong.

No, they never said the US and Iran should be wiped off the face of the map.

Israel told Iran that their troops would attack their power plants, and military bases... in kind, Iran responded "then we will wipe them off the map."

It was a retort... basically, attack us, and we will fight back.

But everyone purposely forgets that the whole statement came from Israel telling Iran they will attack them.

It was ISRAEL that said they would attack.

[edit on 15-7-2007 by johnsky]

posted on Jul, 15 2007 @ 06:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by johnsky

But everyone purposely forgets that the whole statement came from Israel telling Iran they will attack them.

It was ISRAEL that said they would attack.

This is a big part of the problem. People seem to forget the how/why of things. Just like with the Shalit kidnapping, people forgot right before that Israel kidnapped 2 regular citizens (Of course we do not know their names like the Israeli Shalit), killed that family on the beach and was targetting the west bank while Hamas held fast to the cease fire for over 18 months, then when Hamas retaliated and broke the cease-fire they pointed their fingers at Hamas and said "Look See the terrorists trying to kill us!"

George Galloway pointed this out on Sky-news during Lebanon War II. The media reports happenings when it happens to Israel and they forget what led up to that point and the israeli actions that lit the fuse.

posted on Jul, 17 2007 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by johnsky

No, they never said the US and Iran should be wiped off the face of the map.

Israel told Iran that their troops would attack their power plants, and military bases... in kind, Iran responded "then we will wipe them off the map."

It was a retort... basically, attack us, and we will fight back.

Really?
External Link

Ahmadinejad has made anti-Israel comments in the past.

In October 2005, he caused outrage in the West when he said in a speech that Israel's "Zionist regime should be wiped off the map."

Dae

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 09:01 AM
link   

I swear I read a while back that he said both the US and Israel should be wiped off the face of the earth. But I guess I was wrong.

Originally posted by MekanicIn October 2005, he caused outrage in the West when he said in a speech that Israel's "Zionist regime should be wiped off the map."

For the love of all things in black and white, where does it say that USA and Israel should be wiped off the map?? It says Zionist regime! Do you know what that is?

Sorry, didnt mean to blast off there, but this is hot topic stuff and the 'facts' are being skewed or misunderstood.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join