It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran's Jews Reject Cash Offer to Move to Israel

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Iran's Jews Reject Cash Offer to Move to Israel

www.guardian.co.uk

Iran's Jews have given the country a loyalty pledge in the face of cash offers aimed at encouraging them to move to Israel, the arch-enemy of its Islamic rulers.

The incentives — ranging from £5,000 a person to £30,000 for families — were offered from a special fund established by wealthy expatriate Jews in an effort to prompt a mass migration to Israel from among Iran's 25,000-strong Jewish community.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Most might not know that Iran has Jews living there, peacefully.
Good for them I say. Never be bought, never be sold.

In light of recent events, could this offer be more of a hint?
Like, maybe ya'll should get out while you can, kind of hint.

www.guardian.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 01:51 PM
link   
I guess this story flies in the face of certain anti-semetic propaganda that all Jews are out to make money, that that is their only concern.

I personally dont see Isreal leading the first strike team into Iran without provocation, but its hard not to think that this action might be linked to a greater agenda.

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 03:57 PM
link   
To be honest with you I am really surprised that Israel knowing that Iran is an Islamic country with so many Jews in it would constantly pump out the threats it does against Iran and not put the Jewish population there at risk. Frankly I think maybe they are hoping for such things to occur. Theodore Herzl the father of Zionism always maintained that anti-semetism would always play positively towards the population of Israel that it would drive people to Aliyah and move to Israel.

Im sure there is also the possibility that they may have been under duress at the time this offer was made, to refuse it and make it appear as though they were content there.

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 04:09 PM
link   
the jews in Iran have lived there for centuries
and should no leave their country of birth for money and so on unless they feel prosicuted which is unlikely in Iran as they are represented in goverment in Iran.

posted on Jul, 13 2007 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Keep in mind it is dangerous for anybody in Iran, especialy religious minorities like Jews, to say anything negative about Iran. It would also be especially dangerous for a Jew in Iran to put down Iran and say something positive about Israel in the same sentence. Therefore, it would be highly unlikely that an Iranian Jew would express any sort of positive sentiment about the idea of leaving Iran for a better life in Israel.

posted on Jul, 13 2007 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by hotpinkurinalmint
Keep in mind it is dangerous for anybody in Iran, especialy religious minorities like Jews, to say anything negative about Iran. It would also be especially dangerous for a Jew in Iran to put down Iran and say something positive about Israel in the same sentence. Therefore, it would be highly unlikely that an Iranian Jew would express any sort of positive sentiment about the idea of leaving Iran for a better life in Israel.

Some people apparently don't understand this and they will continue their own attempts at getting other people to "hate Israel" and the Israelis living there.

posted on Jul, 13 2007 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Muaddib
Some people apparently don't understand this and they will continue their own attempts at getting other people to "hate Israel" and the Israelis living there.

please show me where Jews in Iran are discriminated
and please show our attempts to get others to hate Israel, links to topics with quotes would be nice

posted on Jul, 13 2007 @ 06:52 PM
link   
this has been known all along that there are substantial Jewish communities all throughout Iran....

it sorta makes one think about the anti-zionist spiel that Ahmadineajad puts out in the media...according to the spin-meisters at (lame-stream-media) Faux/CNN/et al

If they had Jewish 'hostages' in country, wouldn't they be gassed/toasted or at least hung-by-the-neck already???

get real western-world, Ahmadineajad is refering to the zionist=expansionist=war making faction of Israel that the Arab world(ummah) refers to as Zion or little Satan...

the practicing or heritage Jews there in Persia, have carved out for themselves a niche---a 'space' in the social fabric...
and evidently the 'Jewishness' is not considered a terminal disease that can infect the population of Iran/Persia.

enough said.....

posted on Jul, 13 2007 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Iranians dont have anything against Jews
just the Israeli goverment aka the zionests who believe israel should be created at all costs and gain more at the costs of others

heck even most jews are against zionests.

and the jewish heritage in Iran does go back centuries, they used it as a refuge aswell

posted on Jul, 13 2007 @ 07:37 PM
link   
I think the biggest point in all of this is the Jews, and other religes minorites are leveing Iran. Be it good or bad it is happening and will change what Iran is.

An Armenian friend of ours recently made the move to Vienna to await her paperwork for residency in the US. “My father is broken-hearted. He loves Iran,” she told me. “Iran saved our family. They were refugees from Turkey. They all love Iran so much, but it is too hard to continue. He is sick of lying all the time so we are moving to America.”

Soon, Iran will have almost no religious minorities. They won’t be able to point to their “big” Jewish community of 30,000. In Hamadan, where the tomb of Esther and Mordecai is located, only 17 Jews are left. Iran reports that there are 30,000 Jews here, but every day the number gets smaller. It isn’t because of any “special” persecution. It’s just that they *can* leave.
sorce

posted on Jul, 13 2007 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by RedGolem
I think the biggest point in all of this is the Jews, and other religes minorites are leveing Iran. Be it good or bad it is happening and will change what Iran is.

sorce

i am skeptical about your source
no offence. but please show about jews being prosicuted in Iran as this topic is about Jews in Iran. right now no one has shown jews being prosicuted by Iranians and treated as 2nd class citizens

posted on Jul, 13 2007 @ 08:40 PM
link   

I think the biggest point in all of this is the Jews, and other religes minorites are leveing Iran. Be it good or bad it is happening and will change what Iran is
viewfromiran.blogspot.com...

thanks for the follow up info...

but what i see that is important....is that the Jew is leaving for America or some other destination....
and not 'The Promised Land' aka; modern Israel

Why is That, I ask ???

posted on Jul, 13 2007 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Bodrul,
The sorce was a blog from some one who claimed to be in Iran. But there is more sorces out there.

SHIRAZ, Iran — The convictions last month of 10 Jews who were accused of spying for Israel appears to have sounded a death knell for a historic community that has survived in Iran for 2,500 years.
Many of the Jews left in Iran are quietly preparing to sell their property and get out.
A secret escape route across the southeastern deserts by bus, jeep and donkey to Pakistan, used by many Jews since the 1979 Islamic Revolution in Iran, has recently slammed shut, Jewish sources said.
But these days Persian Jews are leaving legally, through Austria or Cyprus, to Israel or the United States.
sorce

posted on Jul, 13 2007 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by St Udio

but what i see that is important....is that the Jew is leaving for America or some other destination....
and not 'The Promised Land' aka; modern Israel

St Udio
From what I gathered some are going to Israel and some to The U.S. or any of a few other destinations.
So far as the cash reward for leaving goes, the only thing I really see in that is it will provide a means and encintive for those to get out who want to.

posted on Jul, 14 2007 @ 06:08 AM
link   

Bodrul,
The sorce was a blog from some one who claimed to be in Iran. But there is more sorces out there.

sorce

I dont take blogs seriously as they can easily be manipulated with lies and so on
do you have a actuil source not some archive which was just typed up by someone

posted on Jul, 14 2007 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Can anyone see the hypocrisy in this?

Imagine if the British government offered money to Muslims to move back to their ancestral homes?

Of course, alot of them wouldn't

posted on Jul, 14 2007 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by aecreate

In light of recent events, could this offer be more of a hint?
Like, maybe ya'll should get out while you can, kind of hint.

? recent events ?...like what, the rhetoric about Holocaust denial??

the leading remark...'get out while you can, '

implies that an Israeli unilateral attack on uranium enrichment plants
is in the cards. ~among other inferrences ~

sorry, i don't buy into the implications...

the $$ offers made by groups of former Iranian Jews who emigrated after the Islamic Revolution...are made in all sincerity and earnestness,

as those ex-patriots are honestly but mistakenly concerned towards the Jewish community which remained in Iran (aka Persia)

and i betcha the Israeli govt is helping finance the project as a propaganda tool for their own benefit....

here's a source/ report from 2006, not so far back

news.independent.co.uk...

...despite post-revolutionary emigration that saw tens of thousands leave.
Those who remain say emigration has slowed and those who stayed are unlikely to change their minds.

same link

'Everyone thinks that the Islamic Republic is killing us, but this is wrong'
Dr. Morsathegh insists.
'As a minority we have some problems, but they are not as bad as people outside the country think. We can live here, study here, work here'

read the short & informative piece,
it covers points like the Iran constitution outlines both the rights & limitations for Jews, Zoroastrians, Christians as citizens.
tells us that alcohol is permitted to be made but not sold (think ritual wine)

all in all, an overview of the 'story' needs to be explored, there's just too much loaded inuendo that needs put to rest...

[edit on 14-7-2007 by St Udio]

posted on Jul, 14 2007 @ 11:00 AM
link   
I've got a disturbing feeling about this. Ahmenijad (sp?) being the guy who says that Israel needs to be wiped off the face of the earth? Then Iran offers the Iranian Jews money to go to Israel? Seems almost like shooting fish in a barrel. I think that the whole point to getting them to go to Israel is to gather them into one place, thus making it easier to eliminate them. To me, that really what it looks like.

posted on Jul, 14 2007 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Peyre and Mekanic,
Please read the article, or just the snippet up top.

Originally posted by St Udio
recent events ?...like what, the rhetoric about Holocaust denial??

Nooo man, the recent war-like preparations going on in the region.
I still see this as a hint to leave the region.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join