It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Toxic fake toothpaste on sale in the UK.

page: 1

join
share:
CX

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Toxic fake toothpaste on sale in the UK.

news.sky.com

Toxic fake toothpaste that could have serious health consequences for anyone using it has been sold in markets and discount shops in the UK, the British medicines regulator has said.

The imitation tubes of Sensodyne have both Arabic and English writing on them.

(visit the link for the full news article)

CX

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Well this is interesting. I use this brand myself, although it would appear not the imitation tubes.

I see also on the Sky News website is a story on the risk of terrorists who have infiltrated the NHS, spreading viruses via illegaly gained virus samples, chemicals and medicines.

Could terrorists spread killer viruses?

The contamination of hygiene products would be easier i would guess, this could be done without having to become a fully fledged doctor first.

Will be interesting to see what chemicals exactly have been found.

CX.

news.sky.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Interesting report, perhaps just coincidence, but this ATS breaking News discussion shares some compelling similarities:

Tainted Toothpaste Found in Massachusetts Stores.. Possibly (Link)

Curiouser and curiouser...

CX

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Cheers for that link, and by the looks of it the chemical in question is the same in both incidents. High levels of Diethylene Glycol it would seem.

CX.

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 10:29 AM
link   
One of the benefits of having no teeth

I lost them in a bike smash

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Sounds like what we had down our way.

The 'dollar stores' in our area had a shipment of ( I think Colgate ) toothpaste from Africa, with I believe the same ingredients.

They described it as antifreeze solution. It apparently is a cheap alternative to one of the key ingredients of toothpaste... except of course, this can kill ya.

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Hell , I don't even use tooth paste anymore, Just go out to my car and gargle the Anti Freeze, gets the job done just as good.

top topics

join