It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tainted Toothpaste Found in Massachusetts Stores.. Possibly

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2007 @ 02:17 AM
link   

Tainted Toothpaste Found in Massachusetts Stores.. Possibly

www.foxnews.com

Officials urged consumers to avoid any toothpaste labeled "Made in China," any toothpaste labeled "Colgate" that is manufactured in South Africa and any toothpaste without English language labeling.

Last month, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration said toothpaste from China and counterfeit Colgate toothpaste may contain diethylene glycol (DEG), a chemical used in antifreeze.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 8 2007 @ 02:17 AM
link   
This seems like a possible terrorist act, or china is taking cheap shots at us for some strange reason.

Ethier way something is going on with all of the tainted products coming out of China. anybody got an idea what is going on here???

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 8 2007 @ 02:34 AM
link   
Makes me feel good now that I recently purchased one of those natural toothpastes they sell in the organic section. They have too much of that sweetening crap in the other toothpastes. I will tell everyone I know about this however...

posted on Jul, 8 2007 @ 06:37 AM
link   
Is there anyway we can screen products coming from China?? everything should be suspect after this one, If I'm not mistaken this ingredient from the anti-freeze can kill a person.

posted on Jul, 8 2007 @ 06:41 AM
link   
COLGATE????

Well, that may explain my nausea and explosive you know whats.

And all this time i thought my husband was poisoning me!!!!!

They want us dead. Why?

That's it!! Now i'm mad.

Time to go back to Cuban toothpaste: Baking soda

[edit on 8-7-2007 by dgtempe]

posted on Jul, 8 2007 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Those clean mouthed American bast... lets poison there fresh maker!

posted on Jul, 8 2007 @ 11:25 AM
link   
This is just getting ridiculous. I've never seen so many food and product recalls! All of the vegetables seem to come up w/ either salmonella or ecoli, and the meat has never really been safe to eat. We can't even brush our teeth now w/o worrying about being poisoned. Hell, even the pet food is contaminated! Do they not even inspect any of the products that come into this country???

posted on Jul, 8 2007 @ 11:47 AM
link   
I heard something about US manufacturers planning to label their products "China Free", so that consumers would know ingredients from China were NOT being used.........

I imagine that will not set too well with China's trade people.....( they didn't like the complaints about the poisoned pets ). Or with the ones in Washington, for that matter........almost seems like blackmail......."Buy our stuff, no questions asked, or else!!"

[edit on 8-7-2007 by frayed1]

posted on Jul, 8 2007 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Apparently this started also last week here in Europe, when some fake Colgate tubes were found.

Only the fakes are dangerous, not the real ones.

[edit on 8/7/2007 by ArMaP]

posted on Jul, 8 2007 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Strange enough, the Colgate website does not specify the culprit being the anti-freeze additive.

Additional developments include a report by Canadian health authorities as well as Colgate’s own investigation that has found suspected harmful bacteria in some samples of counterfeit toothpaste. These counterfeit products were picked up in small discount variety retailers in Canada and the United States. Source *Emphasis Added*

Also with this link, you can see the difference between the South African counterfeit and real Colgate toothpaste.

[edit on 7/8/07 by niteboy82]

posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 03:27 AM
link   
phew! i was literally going out to buy toothpaste tomorrow!

it's all a big conspiracy against me! they knew i was gonna need toothpaste around this time and are trying to bring me down!

posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 03:41 AM
link   
Just dont buy the discount store toothpaste in this case you definately get what you pay for. wait a minute isnt Walmart a discount store?? and isnt Walmart cozy with china??? just thinking outloud.

posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 09:17 AM
link   
We've also had a bunch of advisories in Canada, mainly Toronto about the fake Colgate with glycol and ecoli? yummy!

I've been using baking soda for about 2 years now.

EDIT - Just to show how 'smart' my government is, they can't issue a recall for a product until in this case, China, tells them a product is defective...

ie. USA recalled certain tires made in China, but Canada won't do it until China tells them to.

pretty smart, EH?

[edit on 9-7-2007 by quintar]

posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 11:12 AM
link   
i have worked in discount stores in the past and never have i seen them selling counterfiet products i suspect that colgate probably licenses different factories to make their product in different countries and china shipped some made in one of the licensed companies over here colgate is probably calling it counterfiet to avoid a law suit.

posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Personally I think that Asian Muslim terrorists groups may have infiltrated Chinese factories and are currently testing it's quality control management. They now know that they can get away with putting harmful chemical's into food and health products without detection . Remember the poisonous dog food? That was no mistake on China's part.

It's either terrorists or China , either way they are running tests.

The terrorists are already attacking us in way's we have not noticed yet.

posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Samblak

The terrorists are already attacking us in way's we have not noticed yet.

That what I was thinking, that we are seeing what seems to be a testing of different delivery methods for lethal substances. thats my theory anyway, i could be wrong.

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Last night's TV news showed a couple of grocery stores putting "China Free" signs up and removing Chinese made food products from shelves.

I wonder how the conscience's of the CEO's who set up American products to be made in China are doing?

Then again, not having a conscience never seemed to bother most CEO's.

Funny part is, even with all their money, CEO's are probably using the same products as the rest of us.

Seems the time is ripe for a little poetic justice . . . along the lines of a CEO falling ill after ingesting Chinese made products....

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 10:35 AM
link   
I'll be happy when trade with China decreases substantially.

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Its quite scary, i just read this article about the same problem in the UK.

Toxic fake toothpaste that could have serious health consequences for anyone using it has been sold in markets and discount shops in the UK, the British medicines regulator has said.

There's a lot of markets and discount shops here, especially from London, where i am.
I do use the above places, and thankfully haven't bought any toothpaste from there.
Just makes you think, what else is out there, that's toxic, while all the time we are unaware.

Source.

[edit on 12-7-2007 by Denied]

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 11:05 AM
link   
I don't know about you, but I don't swallow my toothpaste. Can it be harmful if you just spit it out? Just wondering because I just can't see that this could be a terrorist threat. Why use toothpaste when you can poison something that people might actually ingest?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join