It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Guards steal $282 million from a bank in Baghdad

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 03:04 AM
link   

Guards steal $282 million from a bank in Baghdad

www.iht.com

In an astonishing heist, guards at a bank here made off with more than a quarter-billion dollars on Wednesday.

The robbery of $282 million from the Dar Es Salaam bank a private financial institution.

The money was in American dollars, not Iraqi dinars. It was unclear why the bank had that much money on hand in dollars, or how the robbers managed to move such a large amount without being detected.

Several officials speculated that the robbers had connections to the militias
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 03:04 AM
link   
Wow. This I believe is the largest heist in history!

Why was there so much US dollars just sitting around. (SUSPICIOUS) Perhaps a front for gun-running, or CIA.

Also, the most chilling thing is that I bet most of this money will go to insurgents, terrorists, suicide bombers, drug dealers, and maybe 1% goes to food/water/healthcare.

Some top level US govt. official will have to answer for all that lost black op money.

Heres to making the war even more difficult for our troops!

www.iht.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 03:16 AM
link   
I just found another aritcle about the massive heist.

Here:
www.iraqslogger.com...

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 03:56 AM
link   
I like this bit:

While the sum of $282 million is massive, especially by Iraqi standards, it would fund less than one day of US expenses for operations in Iraq.

Now im sure the guards do belong to some militia, i also wonder why the bank had that much money stored?

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 04:30 AM
link   
This look like underground terrorist financing by the CIA to stir up the civil war to break up Iraq in 3 parts and to stay there for decades. Or it's pay off to ``Al-CIAda`` for the coming attack in the US.

We'll see if something change... if there's a big terrorist attack soon, if there's a high in civil war... if something change for the advantages of the real terrorists, the globalists.

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 05:18 AM
link   
looks like this is another afganistan

US CIA or whom ever they are give money to terrorists directly or by proxy and get ass wooped by them.

what a way to go defending your country well its more inading invading another country and being killed ny weapons bought with US money

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Its hardly a lot of money (to continue their war ) if it is destined for the Iraqi groups who are fighting the Americans across Iraq. How much does the US spend a month on the war in Iraq ?

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Man, everything I'm hearing lately is screaming towards the idea that the US wants to continue this war for as long as they possibly can.

What better way, than to leave a pile of funding for your enemy, and turn your back for a moment.

Basically, it's pennies compared to the money the US military industrial companies will make from the equipment they have to replace...

Its sad, but true, the American soldiers aren't there to win, they're pawns placed there to move the expensive targets into the line of fire, so someone can get rich making more.

All in the name of capitolism... err, I mean freedom.

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 08:55 AM
link   
I believe that that money stolen was allow to be taken so the war keeps been financed.

This one makes news because it was from a bank in Baghdad, but remember that is millions upon millions of American money going missing in Iraq all the time and that is not accountability for.

The money is needed to keep feeding the other side so the war keeps on going.

Now that congress is bringing the bill to start withdraws from Iraq the profiteers of war can not let that happen.

The war most go on as long as necessary, so do no be surprises if unhappy Iraqis I mean insurgency and terrorist occurs All Al-qaida related start having more success in killing Innocent civilians.

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 09:07 AM
link   
i'd suggest that the 'heist' was used as a deflection for all the monies
that were pilfered thru fraud and fake loans over the year by the Banks CEO or CFO....
Embezzlement might be the reason for the alledged 'heist',
, & here we are placing the blame on funding the insurgents....

Sus-pic-ious....v-e-r-y sus-pic-ious !

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 09:14 AM
link   
interesting St Udio, Occurs our tax payer money is been used and missed just look at the money that goes missing in Iraq every year.

But that is nothing compare with the profits of war.

Somebody has to make a buck.

I keep beating my head on and off trying to understand why we are allowing this to happen.

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 09:25 AM
link   
250 million would buy a very big bang......

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
I believe that that money stolen was allow to be taken so the war keeps been financed.

This one makes news because it was from a bank in Baghdad, but remember that is millions upon millions of American money going missing in Iraq all the time and that is not accountability for.

Well then why bother with staging a robbery when it's so easy to just let money go missing over there?

That doesn't make sense. What makes sense is that the Iraqi miltary is still heavily infiltrated with insurgents, who are the ones who stole this money they were supposed to be guarding.

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky

That doesn't make sense. What makes sense is that the Iraqi military is still heavily infiltrated with insurgents, who are the ones who stole this money they were supposed to be guarding.

I agree, that was of the point I was looking into, the government corruption in Iraq is blatantly obvious, you have a government that can not control the people that works under them.

Seems to me that everybody is working for themselves, but as long as the money cow keeps bringing the money is no accountabilities for faults of any body within the Iraqi government.

That is why Iraq most remind unstable while our nation gets milked away, but we all know that for the profiteers of war this nothing but pocket money after all the tax payer is the one been sucked away.

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Ah this is nothing new.

May I suggest the following documentary.

Dr Ali Fadhil, a 29 year old Iraqi doctor, investigates what has happened to billions of dollars worth of Iraqi money which was put into the care of the US led coalition to be spent for the benefit of Iraqi people on the reconstruction of their country. He uncovers a shocking story of fraud, incompetence and corruption, unscrupulous foreign contractors who made millions from dodgy contracts, and literally billions of dollars which cannot be properly accounted for.

Google Video Link

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg
Seems to me that everybody is working for themselves, but as long as the money cow keeps bringing the money is no accountabilities for faults of any body within the Iraqi government.

Yes this is true, and is much of the reason that the war is continuing to rage on over there. There is no accountability for the Iraqi gov't, and we all know that if there are no consequences, then there is no incentive to change your behavior.

So they will continue to suckle the teat of the US.

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky

So they will continue to suckle the teat of the US.

You know I don't mind money going to help other coutries that deserve it when is for the good of the people.

But right now our money is going into Iraq and seems that the regular citizens in that nation are getting nothing out of it.

Iraq government is not working.

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 03:24 PM
link   

You know I don't mind money going to help other coutries that deserve it when is for the good of the people.

But right now our money is going into Iraq and seems that the regular citizens in that nation are getting nothing out of it.

They are still suffering, as they did under Saddam and the Oil For Food Program.

Some things never change.

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 03:31 PM
link   
My personal hypothesis is that you are starting to see tribal Sheiks who never helped America before starting to go after the U.S. Army's targets. What made them have such a sudden change of heart?

Maybe the best way to win hearts and minds is with cold, hard CASH. (I'm being sarcastic)

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 03:44 PM
link   

The money is needed to keep feeding the other side so the war keeps on going.

I'm not surprised. This is incredible! Its funds so they can develop all their weapons o'mass destruction and then some. Money to travel to the U.S. Who knows!
:shk:

top topics

<<   2 >>

join