It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Injured Alien Footage - is this from a movie?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Ok, forgive me for posting another link to a YouTube video, but I've honestly never seen this particular footage. Although the first shot appears to be staged, what follows is fairly compelling to me. The bodies don't have that "dummy" feel like other alien videos I've seen. And what's most compelling is the alien's hand in the last shot which is pictured gently holding a medic's hand.

Is this from a movie? Or is it from a hoax video that maybe some of you have seen? Is the hand in the last shot a child's hand covered in makeup & prosthetics, is it animatronics or clever 3D animation? I have no idea -- have a look:

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Whatever this is its extremely well done. The opening shot is more than professional in concept/lighting and execution. It reminds me quite a bit of director David Lynch's style.

posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Pretty cool footage , if it's from a movie I've yet to have seen it. But then again in today's society there are alot of people with money and spare time to create thing's like this, who know's.

[edit on 9-7-2007 by Samblak]

posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 09:49 PM
link   
www.youtube.com...

guy who posted the video has posted other videos just called "ufo" a few with the same music... and other stupid videos....

[edit on 9-7-2007 by Josh_HLB]

posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 11:32 PM
link   
I'd like to see this movie, anyone know what movie it is?

posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 11:39 PM
link   
What does that sign say hanging on the wall. I can't quite
make out the words. Interesting footage that looks like it
could come from one of those event recreation documentaries
made for the History or Discovery channel.

posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 11:51 PM
link   
I haven't been able to find out where it's from. I've sent an enquiry to the guy that posted it, maybe he'll know (he had to grab it from somewhere).
He seems to have posted some random stuff though...

It would make a good flashback in a movie. If it's not from a movie, surely it's from some documentary, mockumentary, hoax, spoof or something. But obviously some thought went into its production.

It's best watched in silence (the music really undermines what's being shown, especially given that the guy that posted it used the same music in about 5 different & vaguely titled videos.

Anyway, every video I've seen that's supposed to be of an alien autopsy, alien interview, or alien walking down the street - all either look like dummies, puppets or 3D renders --- not this. There seems to be life behind the motion of the alien hand in the last shot.

As for the sign in the background of the 1st scene, I took a screenshot & tried to enhance it in photoshop. I coudn't make out any of the words.

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 12:00 AM
link   
The motion of the alien hand did look real, but nowadays you just
can't tell fakes from real scenes. But it strikes me as odd that
aliens would be brought in to this place in wooden crates (dead?)
and yet here is one grasping the doctor/scientist's hand.

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Evasius
It's best watched in silence (the music really undermines what's being shown, especially given that the guy that posted it used the same music in about 5 different & vaguely titled videos.

I was going to say the same thing, it does not seem as "professional" with the sound off.

That being said, it does have a similar 'feel' to a re-enactment, as previously stated in this thread. That opening scene has a wonderful flow to it.

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 12:20 AM
link   
I'll take a stab at the sign... from what I can make out it looks like "talk, teach, practice" and the rest is too blurry, though the next word looks like a five or six letter word ending in "ing". The last word is to obscured by the beam or whatever in front of it.

At first I would guess the video was Hollywood, but who knows. The first scene kinda looks different from the following shots.

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 12:26 AM
link   
Thanks for putting your eyesight and deciphering abilities to
work, Evilod. "Talk, Teach, Practice". Sounds like a sign
you'd see in an Instructor Academy of some type.

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 12:52 AM
link   
Thanks for scrutinizing that sign -- I Googled "talk teach practice air force," and it took me to the Air Force Blue Book on Values.

www.au.af.mil...

I'm sure they could have devised an important creed or motto to display from this using those 3 words.

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 01:00 AM
link   
Cool video. The first part screams fake to me. It just looks too crisp. The Alien part was very good. Why do greys have the same basic physiological structure as humans??? HMMMMMMMM. The second part screams fake as it just leaves you wanting to see more. Why just photograph the hand rather than a full shot of the situation?

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 02:01 AM
link   
At least the last part is from a movie about Roswell, I don't remember the name but I saw that one years ago.

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Evasius

Is this from a movie? Or is it from a hoax video that maybe some of you have seen? Is the hand in the last shot a child's hand covered in makeup & prosthetics, is it animatronics or clever 3D animation? I have no idea -- have a look:

www.youtube.com...

This videoclip is from the 1994 movie Roswell produced by Paul Davids
and released by Showtime, a classic movie discussed many times.

That's why YouTube is'nt a trustable source of information. Many jokers
post pieces of movies with fancy names just to deceive people.

Check Roswell the movie info.

www.imdb.com...

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by carewemust
The motion of the alien hand did look real, but nowadays you just
can't tell fakes from real scenes. But it strikes me as odd that
aliens would be brought in to this place in wooden crates (dead?)
and yet here is one grasping the doctor/scientist's hand.

This last scene made me highly suspicious. All we see is the hand and some of the arm. Just as you would expect if it's a special effect and not a real arm.

Also, the opening shot looks like its done from a dolly. They didn't have steadicams back then.

It's heavily edited. Why not just show all the footage?

So, without lots more background data, I'd have to class it as a probable hoax.

[edit on 10-7-2007 by disownedsky]

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by pavil
Cool video. The first part screams fake to me. It just looks too crisp. The Alien part was very good. Why do greys have the same basic physiological structure as humans??? HMMMMMMMM. The second part screams fake as it just leaves you wanting to see more. Why just photograph the hand rather than a full shot of the situation?

So let me get this right pavil, it looks fake because it looks too good?
If that's your attitude you mustn't believe in any videos/pics.

I think the best footage comes from anytime up until the 90's. CGI is just to good nowadays

Maybe that's the real problem with ufology these days.......

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by free_spirit

This videoclip is from the 1994 movie Roswell produced by Paul Davids
and released by Showtime, a classic movie discussed many times.

Well then it looks like it's case closed - thanks free_spirit.

I remember when that movie came out on video, but I never got around to watching it. I usually assume it's bad if it's released straight to video. I'm more intersted in aliens now than I was in '94, so I'll have to give it a go.

Thanks guys!

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Opening shot is a Steadi-Cam shot. I guess the aliens brought one with them from the future to 1947. Otherwise, I recognize the dead crumpled alien from a display at Roswell.

Look familiar?

Besides, the Roswell aliens didn't look like Greys! According to most descriptions, they looked like "little people." Ordinary humans, just a little smaller and with slightly larger heads.

[edit on 10-7-2007 by SuicideVirus]

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by SuicideVirus
Otherwise, I recognize the dead crumpled alien from a display at Roswell.

Look familiar?

Great jumpin' Jehosaphat - I'd love that as a table centerpiece at Thanksgiving.

Or maybe to leave in my backseat in case I get pulled over.

Awesome find

top topics

<<   2 >>

join