It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who drew Spidey the Best ??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 04:05 PM
link   
I started this thread to settle this once and for all on who depicted Spider-man the best over all these years. It could be from any series or any period of time.There's so much to choose from but who will be victorious, it's up to you to decide.

posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 04:11 PM
link   
*looks around for Umbrax*

posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 04:40 PM
link   
If Umbrax could show up it would be great , but for now I'll post up some more pics so I could lure him into my web, I mean thread.

posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Spidey's always had excellent and revolutionary artists. Ditko did great with the original design. He made it so he wasn't overly muscular like all the other superheroes of the time. Then John Romita, Sr took over and defined Spider-Mans look that really stuck for a number of years.
I really like Ron Garney's work on Amazing right now. Spidey isn't wearing his mask very mush at the moment because his identity is public. Garney's put a lot of expression and anger in Peter's face which is really suitable for the current plot.
Todd McFarlane changed how artists approached drawing Spidey, especially hsi webs.
There have been a ton of big names that have drawn Spider-Man.

Who was the best is a hard call, I'll have to go with Mark Bagley. He's been drawing Spider-Man books for 12 years.

posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Umbrax

There have been a ton of big names that have drawn Spider-Man.

Who was the best is a hard call, I'll have to go with Mark Bagley. He's been drawing Spider-Man books for 12 years.
I picked Bagley as well just on the years he's spent and the characters /costume designs, in an interview he said he was getting sick of drawing spidey and almost didn't get to do the ultimate spider-man, which he had turned down several times before taking the job, thanks for the post Umbrax.

posted on Jul, 19 2007 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Both Romitas did very well on the series, as well as McFarlane and Bagley (which is my favorite) but I think one has been forgotten.

What about Erik Larsen? I thought his run on Amazing was excellent! When I started to read comics, Spidey was one of my first, and is obviously my favorite, but I came in at the end of Larsen's run, and the beginning of Bagley's.

Larsen, in my opinon, is one of the more underatted of Spidey's artists.

posted on Jul, 19 2007 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Valdimer
Larsen, in my opinon, is one of the more underatted of Spidey's artists.
I loved Larsen's run on spidey as well Valdimer , I've got every issue of his run and Mcfarlane's as well. Alote of people don't like his style and think it's sloppy.Well I gotta go now since venom's on the loose causin' chaos.

new topics

top topics

join