It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

sylvia brown quack or psychic

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 02:54 PM
link   
I am just wonder what the people at ATS think! Thanks

My thoughts

Quack and here is the evidence

Hello,
I was so glad to find your website. I have suspected that Sylvia Browne was a fake for years, but only had my own failed prediction as proof. Seven years ago I was a foolish, lonely young girl who was desperate to find the "one". I emailed Sylvia's "people" from her website, which clearly stated that Sylvia does not read her emails. I thought if I could just get her to answer this one question it would make me so happy. I was emailed back by a member of her church that said Sylvia had a program called a letter question. I could send just one question by letter and $50.00 to her office in California, and in about 6 weeks someone from her office would call with an answer. I immediatly sent a letter asking what is the name of the man I am going to marry. Six weeks later I received a phone call from someone in her office, she said Sylvia's exact words to my question where " Brett, B-R-E-T-T tall and slender, with a slender nose and full lips". I was elated, I thought "few, I am going to find the love of my life", but I did not know a Brett. I thought I will wait awhile and If I don't meet him soon, I will write back and ask when. Four months went by and I still no Brett, so I wrote back. In Dec of 2000 a member from her office called back and said " you will meet Brett in September", I was so excited I asked " September? This September" and the person on the phone, sharing in my joy said " yes this September". That was almost 7 years ago, and to this day I still have never meet a person named Brett. I held on to this for a long time, and anytime I meet a new man (still not married), I have a little voice in my head that says " your not Brett". I wanted to believe her so much.
A happy email found on stop sylviabrowne.com

Back in February, 2003, “psychics” Sylvia Browne and James Van Praagh were consulted by the parents of missing 11-year-old Shawn Hornbeck – Pam and Craig Akers. That young man just recently turned up – very much alive and well, in rather sharp disagreement with the prognostications of the humbug artists. The Hornbecks had talked February 11th with Sylvia Browne on the Montel Williams television show, where she informed them that Shawn was "no longer with us," which means “dead.” She said his body was in a wooded area “about 20 miles southwest of Richwoods, Missouri.” She said it would be near two large, jagged boulders that “seem out of place in that area,” and she added that the bicycle he was riding when he disappeared, is in a dump "in another state." As a result of Browne’s fruitless guess, intensive searches by hundreds of volunteers were conducted in the general area described by her, but naturally, with no success. Not even “jagged boulders” showed up, let alone the kid – until he was found and returned home on Friday, January 12th. He’d been gone for 1,559 days!

Let's look back to just one particularly cruel hoax perpetrated by this woman Browne. Years ago on Montel Williams' show, she spoke to the grandmother of a local missing child, a six-year-old named Opal Jo Jennings who disappeared from her home in north Texas in March of 1999. Browne told the distraught woman that the child was still alive but had been sold into white slavery and was currently being held in Japan. She even gave a city name, but there is no such city in Japan. Moving ahead three years and nine months, we find that the body of little Opal was recovered — just seven weeks ago; she had been killed by a blow to the head. Currently, there is a man in prison in Texas who has confessed to, and been convicted of, Opal Jo's abduction and murder.

www.stopsylviabrowne.com... where the email came from
www.randi.org...
www.randi.org...
www.msnbc.msn.com...

Have a nice day

[edit on 9-7-2007 by youngskeptic]

posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Quack, shill, huckster. Just in my oh-so-skeptical opinion.

I've seen her on Montel time after time. I've gotten to the point where I change channels quick when she comes on.

Anybody can get on a stage and make up all sorts of garbage and spout it out of their mouths, saying that this person loves them from beyond, that they need to look for a "tall dark guy with a beard" in relation to a murder, and so on. She uses a voice of authority and it sounds good. People want to believe in life after death so they don't look to closely, or question what she says.

But I have yet to see a single show about any of these so called "psychics" that does follow ups with people who asked questions, to find out if she was right or wrong.

I could do that job! The difference is I have ethics that won't let me lie in peoples' faces, make up stuff to "comfort" them, and take big bucks to do so. That's what a con artist does, and that particular "skill" is actually a criminal offense in every arena except for the one so-called psychics inhabit.

She's a fake. They all are. The fact that she'll answer one question for $50 is the icing on the cake.

posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 03:36 PM
link   
She is a gigantic fraud and phoney; she creates answers out of whole cloth and then has the gall to pass it off as "information from the other side", what a crock. All of these so-called psychics are phonies: Browne, James Van Prague, John Edward(even his brother Ron says he's a phony). I used to believe once, when I was young and foolish and naive but no more.

The worst part about these hucksters is that they make tons of money at the expense of grieving, heartsick and lonely people and still sleep soundly at night. That's maybe the best guage of their character.

posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 03:50 PM
link   
I love to Goooooooogle:

In 1992, Browne and her estranged husband were indicted on several charges of investment fraud and grand theft. The Superior Court of Santa Clara County, California, found that Browne and her husband sold securities in a gold-mining venture under false pretenses. In at least one instance, they told a couple their US $20,000 investment was to be used for immediate operating costs. Instead, the money was transferred to an account for their Nirvana Foundation for Psychic Research. Browne pled no contest to securities fraud and was indicted on grand larceny in Santa Clara County, California on May 26, 1992.

Court documents show that Sylvia and her estranged husband Kenzil Dalzell Brown pleaded no contest to a felony charge of "sale of security without permit," made restitution, and received one year probation each. Dalzell's disposition included "County Jail 4 months with credit for time served of 21 days," while Sylvia's included 200 hours of community service.

en.wikipedia.org...

The entire article is quite a read, I recommend it for a good laugh.

She's a fraud.

posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 03:59 PM
link   
It almost seems as if, she tells you some stuff google already knows and then tell you something that could not be proven. Do they ask your name when buying a ticket? Is the information she tells about you unique and really secret?

It is possible that everything she tells is the truth and that she can really see more then you and I but, she just makes too much money and would be abusing the power, probably resulting in a smite from god if she had real power.

-BR

posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 04:00 PM
link   
www.youtube.com...

My opinion - FAKE.... Cmon now she says hes in water she says no hes a fireman and died 9/11 sylvia browns reply: "well no see I see him in water" wtf cmon now whos gonna know more? this is one of many times shes been way off.

[edit on 9-7-2007 by M4K4V3LI]

[edit on 9-7-2007 by M4K4V3LI]

posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 04:02 PM
link   
in my opinion Sylvia Brown is a complete fake with no shame.

She has been made to look stupid time and time again when the 'Cold read' doesn't go the way she wanted.

posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 04:08 PM
link   
She grossed me out while on Montel (I never understood that one) by continuously chewing on her dirty long fingernails!!!! Bleck! Being in public touching stuff, thats just germy behavior. I think she thought she was being coyly erotic or something, which just made it worse.
She was and is too darn full of herself. She does has an ability but many times I saw her drawing the info so needed by the clients to answer their questions.
If she were invited to my home I would not throw her out, but I would not pay to see her.
I wish she had handled the above mentioned case more diplomatically, and apologetically, she could have even said that she saw some other time line or dimensional reality or something, but like I say she is full of herself.
She obviously made a decission long ago and it has served her well as a medium, but with ego comes disaster.

posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Thanks for responding everybody!!

Do you think that she should go to jail for ripping off all these innocent people?

posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Whatever she is, she has Montell Williams sold, she's on that show every week. Her method is way too quick to be accurate, she pulls stuff out of the air like nothing. She's definitely into something, but I believe her skills are limited.

posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Her long fingernails scared my cat when we watched Montel on last wednesday. She hissed at the screen and ran up the side of the drapes to find a hiding place until Sylvia's face was no longer on the screen. My cat is an excellent judge of character and if she think's Sylvia Brown is a fraud I can assure you it's true. Another thing about Sylvia that bothers me is is that she writes like 6 books a year! Stephen King doesn't even write 6 books a year although he does try. You know she has someone ghostwriting them for her so she can foist them on her loony toon website. Montel should consider not taking bong hits before his show and maybe just maybe if he remains lucid long enough he will recoil at the sight of Syliva as she slides across the stage to sit in the chair like Jabba the Hut. I have no doubt that she frightens infants and small children that come within a 10 meter range of her. God help us all. My grandmother likes her though.

[edit on 9-7-2007 by carnival_of_souls2047]

posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 08:06 PM
link   
I believe this pretty much answers your question.

CNN, Sylvia Brown is a Fraud

And I see your still quite new to ATS, Welcome.

posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amelie
Whatever she is, she has Montell Williams sold, she's on that show every week.

It's not Montell Williams that's sold on her skills, he could care less.
This man has a job to do, and rating are the game. He has a cadre of producers and staff that decide who comes on the show, and Sylvia Brown is a proven guest that attracts viewers.

In my opinion she's a total fake, but to the potato chip munching fat ladies that sit on the sofa all day, she gives them some hope beyond their pitiful lives.

I feel sorry for the people that are so feeble minded to listen to her BS.
People like her should be burned at the stake like the evil witch she is.

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 03:22 AM
link   
I used to watch Sylvia Browne on tv and Jon Edwards. I was certain these people were for real. On tv they announced two dates they would be in San Francisco. My aunt called up and said lets go. We all go, it's PACKED. 75$ a seat to see Sylvia. She did alot of talking and every so often they'd call out seat ticket numbers and if yours was it, you could go ask a question. I left feeling very used and frustrated.

WHen we went to see Jon Edwards, same theater and more seats. We, well my aunt, thinks she got a reading. He called out some info, it fit, but it was so damn generic and nothing stood out like on tv. Again I left feeling disapointed.

I don't believe in either anymore.

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 12:59 PM
link   
i know no one really probably listen to this nor care but i just felt like writing it anyway. i find it sad that all people want to do is listen to sylvia brown and show her as fraud because she didn't do something perfect. sure if i looked at you and wanted you to do your job just perfect every single second your telling me you would? yeah right. and secondly i don't think it should matter so much to try to put her down. in the end it's more about belief then anything else. it doesn't matter if it's perfect. i can tell you right now i don't believe most of the crap in the bible. i don't go to church and that # for a reason but damn if your religous how pissed off you'd be if i told you the bible is a cult and that it's full of crap and that no one should believe a word of it, am i right? i believe i am, for most people. so what should it really matter, let people believe if they want to. and to top it all off sylvia doesn't go around making people believe in her, she just tells people what she believes to be true what she believes is inside of her and let's others join her if they believe to. really how is that different from other religions. actually it's better because it's not that if i don't believe i will go to hell, if i lie i go to hell, if i steal i go to hell... damn if i get to much of a mind of my own i go to hell... it's more of if i want to believe. now don't get me wrong i think religon is fine, i think it's actually saved people's lifes, i think that there is a need to believe but people should be able to choose whichever one they want and others should realize in a general sense there is no one better then another, just one better for themselves. so as my end i think you all should get off her case, i mean serious who are you to judge? do you know her? do you feel what she feels? does it really need to be a going to judge every aspect of her life and seriously how do you know the info you got is perfect? maybe we should all just lay off and let the believers believe if they want to and the non believes don't believe because damn don't we do that for other religons? anyways as i said i just wanted to write this...

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Most of us here have been over this issue plenty of times here on ATS.
However Im glad you made a new thread to refresh those who are just tunning in, or just starting to learn about Mrs. Brown.

Yes she is a fraud. A con. I have zero respect for that woman. As she really does this for the money. And if she helped out a couple people along her path of Fraud, then thats a good thing.
But honestly she has hurt more than she has helped.

You will find here on ATS.. We belive she is a Quack.. And I hope this thread helps you understand that.
If you need more back up on these outcomes.. Please do a little google search, and other threads that pretty much say the same thing.

I sometimes forget that while I have been researching for many years, and have gained much knowledge.. There are still those who are just starting out fresh this year. And not all of us are on equal ground with the knowledge we have earned over the years

If you have any more questions. Feel free to send me a private message. I will do my best to help you understand more about these Cons, frauds, and quacks.. John Edwards is another good example.

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 01:29 PM
link   
People like her I truly dislike, she fools gullible people and is so phony I knew she was a fraud the first time I heard her lie on tv. I don't belive any human being has ever had the ability to talk to dead people maybe some forms of clairvoyance exist but no talking to dead people it just doesnt make sense to me. If I was dead the last thing I would be doing is talking to the rest of you chumps, I'd be off exploring the universe or whatever it is we do when we are dead?

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 01:38 PM
link   
I thought montel got himself canceled off tv. Silvia has such a charismatic multi octave voice that you are subtly placed under her spell with her totally drenched make up, wig and flesh rolls of success, than she flaunts them nine inch nails as if to scare you into her profound trans-dimensional act and you wake up with a shiver from her extremely lame and vague responses.

You go, whew!, and think out loud, this broad is nuts as you click the channel.

I giver er

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 02:23 PM
link   
I watched Ms. Brown on Montell Williams about 11 or 12 years ago, haven't watched her since. On that day I found her to be rediculously, obviously, fake! but I can see that lot's of ppl bought her stuff, so what's her claim to fame? Did she do previous work with the police or something to make ppl think she was credible? Or did Montell introduce her as the best thing he's seen since sliced pizza? I wouldn't take anything he said seriously either. lol

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Hello.. I hope this video helps to show some more detail on how she has harmed many of the people she claims to want to help..

Sylvia Brown, Wrong agin.

Ouch.. That hurts.. And Ive lost some very dear loved ones.
And they are gone. Well physically they are not here. And people like her play on the minds of people that feel such an empty space from the death of someone very close.

IMO this is a dangerous game.. And should not be taken lightly at all.

Im sorry but when someone dies.. They are gone. And thats the best way to say it.. THEY are gone.. And not saying just get over it.. But we have to be able to understand. They are gone and not comming back.
Maybe next time around we will all meet up and be together agin.
But for right now they are gone, and its best to deal with the truth of that, than keeping false hope to mess up your mind some more.
Then in turn make money off those false hopes..
Thats evil in my eyes.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join