It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS CHAT Popularity?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2007 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by sb2012

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
(...)
Will you loan me about 60 post
, as you can see i am adorable,

If it's technically possible you can take mine for free, i made 500+ of them in the past month but not so much lately for various reasons.

I don't know how,

posted on Jul, 14 2007 @ 06:42 PM
link   
I've thought about venturing in, but being as this is the first internet site i've ever been involved in, and having never entered into an internet chat room before i guess i feel a little intimidated. Not knowing how it works, not knowing the shorthand etc, it's taken me over 12 months just to start to get the hang of bb code etc.
I will give it a go at some stage though as there seems to be some regulars who get on there that i interact with here.

Is there a faq sheet for how to use Chat and some helpful hints for complete novices like myself?

posted on Jul, 14 2007 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Chat is actually very easy to use. Stop in now while some of us are there!

posted on Jul, 14 2007 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by mojo4sale
I've thought about venturing in, . . .

Is there a faq sheet for how to use Chat and some helpful hints for complete novices like myself?

Just do it! Go for it Mojo, I go in there as often as I can. It's a bit different, but fun. If you don't know the shorthand someone is using, just ask.

posted on Jul, 14 2007 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by asala
(...)
chat is a privilege, A little perk for the members, But Staff cant be in there 24/7 so we need to know people will behave in the appropriate manner, as we have a number of ages in there,

chat is used and it does get busy, just depends on what time,

(...)

Having people who spend hours daily creating content for this site for free is a big privilege. Especially when traffic and content which drives it, are transformed into profits later.

For members, creating 20 posts a day or 2 really doesn't matter, but it matters for you.

[edit on 14-7-2007 by sb2012]

posted on Jul, 14 2007 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by asala

Yes when we talk about shoes! Myself and niteboy are experts in shoes this and shoes that,

niteboys a she?
damn i never knew that

or is he and he but knows about shoes

sorry for the offtopic

posted on Jul, 14 2007 @ 09:20 PM
link   
No, niteboy's not a she. But I am.

Get our pronouns straight, bodrul!

posted on Jul, 14 2007 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by bodrul
niteboys a she?
damn i never knew that

I just like shoes. Lots of shoes. Shoes are a very important part to the chat ensemble.

S'okay. But yes, I'm a male. A male with tons of shoes.

Btw, I missed you in chat MM, come back!

[edit on 7/14/07 by niteboy82]

posted on Jul, 14 2007 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Yea, to be honest after chat has 10 or more members in it I switch to a different room. Once you get 10 people talking in real time at once, it gets very hard to follow and keep up with. I often switch to the whiskey room just because I get tired of trying to keep up with too many people at once. I like having no more then 8 in a chat room haha. So I personally don't see what the complaining is about.

posted on Jul, 14 2007 @ 09:50 PM
link   
I went into chat earlier today and there was a knife fight so I got out. It's not worth risking your life over.

posted on Jul, 14 2007 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Well, I just tried to go back into chat, and nobody was there. :shk:

I guess nobody really wants to talk to me

I hope I have better luck tomorrow!

posted on Jul, 15 2007 @ 04:34 PM
link   
57 more posts to go, I know this is off topic but I have something else on my mind,

why is posting three paragraphs better then posting one sentence that sums up everything that was said in three paragraphs, sometimes short is sweet, and less is more.

page after page of boring repetitive dialogue isn't always all that its cracked up to be either,

[edit on 15-7-2007 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Jul, 15 2007 @ 04:45 PM
link   

why is posting three paragraphs better then posting one sentence that sums up everything that was said in three paragraphs, sometimes short is sweet, and less is more.

I typically applaud those ... it's the singular atta boys, void of overall contribution, that draw a one liner ... 'least from me.

Me too. - why?

Yeah, man. - why?

I agree - why?

I disagree - why?

Yo, dude ... that's bogus, man. - why?

... or similar.

Probably the most plentiful "creature" roaming on ATS ... they're in season, too.

:teasing:

... somewhat

posted on Jul, 15 2007 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Hi 12m8keall2c, I understand, I was afraid I might get grief over that post , thank you for being kind,

You know I have been haunting forums for many years, there is an interesting human drama that goes on in these forums, I found many people don't really read the long post,

About a year ago I did this experiment, I made up many posts with strange and absurd nonsencical rambling sentences, no one noticed and those that did took them seriously,even responding to them, cool,

[edit on 15-7-2007 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Jul, 15 2007 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by 12m8keall2c
Me too. - why?

Yeah, man. - why?

I agree - why?

I disagree - why?

Yo, dude ... that's bogus, man. - why?

... or similar.

Totally bodacious post dude!

posted on Jul, 15 2007 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by MajorMalfunction
No, niteboy's not a she. But I am.

Get our pronouns straight, bodrul!

Originally posted by niteboy82

I just like shoes. Lots of shoes. Shoes are a very important part to the chat ensemble.

S'okay. But yes, I'm a male. A male with tons of shoes.

Btw, I missed you in chat MM, come back!

[edit on 7/14/07 by niteboy82]

damn a dude that has lots of shoes
i always thought it was the female gender who wasted money on shoes ect

learn something new every day

posted on Jul, 15 2007 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Yeeup,... I remember way back in the twenty aught four, or was it twenty aught three, aww hell I dont recall,.. but anyway, we had a baker's dozen members in there at once when BTS was being revealed for the first time, ... seemed that everyone was waiting on the edge of their rockers expecting for the server to crash,... never did though,... which reminds me of a time during the great war,.... we were in the Philippines,... planes were flying and bullets landing everywhere,.....

....wait,...what was I talking about?.... ah well,...anyways,.....

posted on Aug, 8 2007 @ 12:22 AM
link   

I'm never gonna make it into the chat room, 137 posts, it seems like more lol

hehe i'm sure u'll make 200 soon

is the chat irc based?

posted on Aug, 8 2007 @ 12:42 AM
link   
I just dropped in to Skeptic Overlord's room. Nerdling and Mirthful Me were in there--idle. All other rooms empty. What time of day are people in chat anyway?

posted on Aug, 8 2007 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by yuefo
I just dropped in to Skeptic Overlord's room. Nerdling and Mirthful Me were in there--idle. All other rooms empty. What time of day are people in chat anyway?

Never lol

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join