It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS CHAT Popularity?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 10:26 PM
link   
So the staff go to the trouble of creating a new and improved
chatroom (and I must say it is a huge step forward from the last one - big thumbs up) and it is virtually empty!
I ventured in there hoping to see some familiar users and hopefully engage
in some interesting and topical discussion, with the board being so hot at the moment with so much activity in each forum I expected to see plenty of debate but alas I found just one other user logged in.

So why isn't chat more popular? Or was it just bad timing on my part?

Mods, I also think if you give chat a push or perhaps send a mass U2U, informing users that there is a free chat available it might really take off.
It could be a great place for new users also especially to become accustomed to the site and to integrate with the more experienced ATS'rs.

[edit on 7-7-2007 by pmexplorer]

posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 10:31 PM
link   
I don't know I haven't been allowed in yet, since i am new, but I was looking forward to it, sorry to hear it isn't being used.

posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Well it's almost midnight on the east coast so not alot of people will be in there.

The most busy time is around 7 - 8pm est.

posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Theres a chat room?!?!?!

I had no idea there was one. Maybe they need to advertise it a little better to members.

posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 10:57 PM
link   
You have to have 200 or more posts to get in the chat room. Most of the time its pretty empty until 8 or 9 pm est. ,like what someone else said.
The most people i have seen in chat all at one time is around 14 people.

posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 10:59 PM
link   
I think it was just bad timing, I have had so much fun in the chat room. There are so many knowledgeable people there on a regular basis, and some great story tellers too. You have to remember that some of them can be very young and so there are etiquette protocols in place and you will get banned if you mess up I hear. I think a lot of people are doing the holiday schools out stuff right now, but keep checking back you'll not be let down

posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 11:02 PM
link   
HI Minnie! See ya in the chat!!! Love your new avie but what about Minnie??? My nephew Cody is here and was asking about you (they met in chat)but its like 11pm and he's crashed on the couch.

posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 11:13 PM
link   
lol!! im in chat right now. talk to you later ant.

[edit on 7-7-2007 by minnie]

posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Shoot I lost my password and am waiting for password retrieval... I was on my way to come say Hi when I discovered I forgot my password...Duh.

posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 11:43 PM
link   
6 more posts and I will be able to participate in Chat, so don't move k. I will be there soon.

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 12:47 AM
link   
It's pretty tough finding a good crowded chatroom when you're in a country other than the US. I find it heats up around 1am - 10am, my time.

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 10:33 AM
link   
The most busy part of day is around 9pm-7am est. Just depends on what day of the week it is.

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Do people mind if I'm a voyeur in chat ???
I find it interesting to follow what goes on, but.....

Sometimes it's hard to type fast enough.
Or it's difficult to follow the separate conversations that are going on simultaneously.

I tend to shy away from the chat rooms on ATS because of the pressure of having to hammer out a reply so fast with no option to edit.
It can be very taxing.

Does anyone mind if I just watch when I log into chat

[edit on 10/7/2007 by anxietydisorder]

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 11:21 PM
link   
I'm never gonna make it into the chat room, 137 posts, it seems like more lol

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 11:40 PM
link   
It's not worth 200 posts in my opinion, this reduces number of people chatting to 4 in average. Yes it may spike at 10-14 people, but only for a short time. Usually only one room is populated, others are ghost towns. You can imagine how interesting chat is when you have just a couple of people idling for the most of the time.

50 posts requirement would be more than enough, but when you suggest it The Serious Ones always object.

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 11:47 PM
link   
>50 posts requirement would be more than enough, but when you suggest it The Serious Ones always object.

cool lol, sounds like otherworldly

I want to meet these serious ones, are they friendly?

posted on Jul, 13 2007 @ 06:11 AM
link   

It's not worth 200 posts in my opinion

Its not about worth,

there's a 200 post chat limit as we need to make sure all know the rules,(Miss use in the past made us up the post limit)

chat is a privilege, A little perk for the members, But Staff cant be in there 24/7 so we need to know people will behave in the appropriate manner, as we have a number of ages in there,

chat is used and it does get busy, just depends on what time,

Would be nice to see a few new faces in there, So please head in,

But take heed of the warning that's on the bottom of the chat page,

So please come say hello, and if im in there and you have any moddy questions feel free to grab me in there, or just a friendly chat
(I expect chocs in return)

Staff appear in red, so you will know who we are,

[edit on 13-7-2007 by asala]

posted on Jul, 13 2007 @ 04:12 PM
link   
HI asala, are you one of the serious ones?

Would be nice to see a few new faces in there, So please head in,

Will you loan me about 60 post
, as you can see i am adorable,

posted on Jul, 14 2007 @ 04:12 AM
link   

HI asala, are you one of the serious ones?

Yes when we talk about shoes! Myself and niteboy are experts in shoes this and shoes that,

I take it very seriousoly

Aww Sorry i dont lend posts, But head over to BTS theres lots of great little posts im sure you would love to add to!

now hurry up i want to see what shoes you got!

posted on Jul, 14 2007 @ 04:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
(...)
Will you loan me about 60 post
, as you can see i am adorable,

If it's technically possible you can take mine for free, i made 500+ of them in the past month but not so much lately for various reasons.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join