It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Al Qaeda evil spreading like vermin across the UK

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2007 @ 07:10 AM
link   
Who exactly is equating terrorists with Muslims? Not all Muslims are terrorists; not all terrorists are Muslim.

The simple fact is that the current terror threat in the UK comes from Muslim terrorists. When the IRA spent 40 years bombing the UK, it was Irish terrorists. During world war two, not all Germans killed British troops, some Germans were conciencious objectors, but we fought the war against the Germans.

So please let's quit all this pointlessly pedantic PC pussyfooting around and talk common sense for once. It's this apologetic attitude - which seems to be incredibly popular with members of the UK government - which has helped the current terrorist situation come so easily to fruition. The government turned a blind eye when Islamic leaders were openly preaching hatred on British streets and recruiting young muslims to the radical cause, all so as not to "offend" Muslims by "targeting" them for investigation.

Now we have a situation where following two major terrorist attack attempts the Police cannot focus their stop and search efforts on Muslims, because it could cause "offence" and again, give Muslims reason for complaint about being "targeted".

An new EU directive from Brussels has instructed that Muslims can't be directly referred to with the context of Terrorism. So pretty soon you won't be hearing about "Muslim terrorists" on the news, they'll just become "Terrorists".

And all this "brushing the reality under the carpet" is happening at the same time the government is contradictorally urging the British public to be vigilant and keep their eyes open!

So just for once, can we please be a little more realistic about the situation. It's Muslim terrorism.

[edit on 8-7-2007 by sbardc2]

posted on Jul, 8 2007 @ 07:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by jamesbonduk007
well for a start they can bring back hanging and hang all traitors to the country thats a start,

I don't think suicide bombers would be scared of being hanged. They would see it as martyrdom.

Originally posted by PsykoOps
I love it when people mention how bad it is to 'preach hate' against west or whatever. As if preaching hate or even engouraging it is a crime, what a beatiful free west indeed

Well we're not allowed to preach hate against Middle-Easterners, why should they be able to preach hate against the west?

As for connecting terrorist attacks with Islam, I don't see why we shouldn't be able to do that. So what if it offends a few Muslims, at least it's going to save lives.

If a terrorist attack occurs, the first place we should look is to Islamic fundamentalists, because that's where a lot of it comes from, plain and simple. I'm not saying we should automatically accuse Muslims of carrying out the attack but if we're not even allowed to investigate it with Islam in mind then we're going to let a lot of terrorists slip through the net because of political correctness.

posted on Jul, 8 2007 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by sbardc2

Now we have a situation where following two major terrorist attack attempts the Police cannot focus their stop and search efforts on Muslims, because it could cause "offence" and again, give Muslims reason for complaint about being "targeted".

An new EU directive from Brussels has instructed that Muslims can't be directly referred to with the context of Terrorism. So pretty soon you won't be hearing about "Muslim terrorists" on the news, they'll just become "Terrorists".

Exactly, if we're not allowed to keep an eye on Islamic terrorist groups then how are we meant to stop terrorism? It's like fighting with one hand behind your back, all holds barred.

posted on Jul, 8 2007 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by malganis

Well we're not allowed to preach hate against Middle-Easterners, why should they be able to preach hate against the west?

Since when you're not allowed to preach hatered against the east? I've seen plenty of that online especially after 9/11. Preach away as much as your heart contents, that's a human right that no law can override. Of course the government nazis will disagree and you might get into trouble, but it's your choice and right to do so.

posted on Jul, 8 2007 @ 07:42 AM
link   
More MEN die from BREAST CANCER than people die from terrorism.

Get your priorities straight, don't let the powers that be guilt you into being apathetic about their evil deeds. If it were up to them we'd be crushing minorities forever, it's how fascism works... one needs an enemy to distract people from the real issues. Since the end of the cold war they've been begging for an excuse to go more right-wing authoritarian... a new generation of dogs is being bred to keep control over the sheep. It's tragic.

posted on Jul, 8 2007 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gratex
More MEN die from BREAST CANCER than people die from terrorism.

Get your priorities straight, don't let the powers that be guilt you into being apathetic about their evil deeds. If it were up to them we'd be crushing minorities forever, it's how fascism works... one needs an enemy to distract people from the real issues. Since the end of the cold war they've been begging for an excuse to go more right-wing authoritarian... a new generation of dogs is being bred to keep control over the sheep. It's tragic.

PRECISELY

It amazes how these people are so easily swayed into believing that Authority is Truth, as opposed to Truth being Authority, which is how it should be. Their methods for making a mountain out of the molehill that is 'terrorism' (of which the vast majority is false flag anyway) are so bloody OBVIOUS. For example, who here from the UK remembers the aftermath of 7/7 on ITV News? First thing we see is a huge image across the back of the news studio is a map of the UK, with a gigantic red crosshair centred on London, accompanied by white block capitals saying "Target Britain". That image ALONE I guarantee would have implanted the seed of an unwittingly pro-authoritarian stance among millions of viewers. But we got more than just that, a hell of a lot more, and now they are driving wedges between sections of British communities with this ultraparanoid, sensationalist, overhyped crap, as can PLAINLY be seen simply by looking at the moronic comments made in this very thread by some of my fellow Brits. And as someone has already pointed out, why on EARTH are we taking the source of this story seriously? (I say we meaning the majority of posters in this thread, cos I sure as hell don't take ANYTHING Murdoch's neofascist media dirt merchants say serously)

posted on Jul, 8 2007 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Hmm.

The News of the World is like the UK equivalent of the National Enquirer in the US - just give some perspective on the source of this story.

I'm not saying that its not happening mind, but theres a certain sensationalist element to it that feeds on major league paranoia. Its akin to the McCarthyism "reds under the bed" thing.

As for the EU directive someone mentioned earlier about stopping people connecting terrorism with Muslims - lets have a link then? I've never heard of it and would be interesting to read it and its context

posted on Jul, 8 2007 @ 09:24 AM
link   
look people its quite simple, here in the Uk we have a multi cultural society, one with millenia of history, we are all well meshed togethter.

Whats the best way to control people divide and conquer, isolate people and communties that way you can control them. For a long time the NHS has been staffed by the peoples of our Empire, some of the best doctors/surgeons we have are of Asian origin. We the people have great trust in the NHS, well what do you do when you want to scare people, to get them to live in fear well you shatter their beliefs. The belief that those you give the most trust to cannot now be trusted. Thats what they the controllers want, if the so called terrorists arent doing what they should then we will fabricate events of our own.

Why can people not see this is the case, we the public are provided with the flimsiest evidence yet so many fall for it. the whole issue 7/7, liquid bombs, the recent events have all been orchestrated for us to live in fear, fear of our fellow citizens, who just like us want to live in peace.

No we do not have Goverments what we have is a group of paid **s holes, paid that is by the super rich and powerful who want more profit, more power and more death. You only have to ask one question, who profits from all this, not you or I but business'as do, get the picture.

In 2006 there were 502,599 recorded deaths in England and Wales how many of those do you think were related to terrorism

posted on Jul, 8 2007 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by magicmushroom
Why can people not see this is the case, we the public are provided with the flimsiest evidence yet so many fall for it. the whole issue 7/7, liquid bombs, the recent events have all been orchestrated for us to live in fear, fear of our fellow citizens, who just like us want to live in peace.
No we do not have Goverments what we have is a group of paid **s holes, paid that is by the super rich and powerful who want more profit, more power and more death. You only have to ask one question, who profits from all this, not you or I but business'as do, get the picture.

Precisely, and the majority of people fall for it. As if there is one behind every corner, and that we be afraid of them as if they will get us all the time. Well, so far all they've proven is that the IRA could teach them a trick or two about blowing up cars.

Honestly, I can't really see why anyone is afraid of them. The only real place to be afraid of them is if you were in some situation where the threat is immediately obvious. Even if there are terrorists of the type they describe, they've only managed three attacks in the western world, 9/11, Madrid and 7/7. But they make it sound as if it's a weekly thing. And I always wonder why they put the threat level up after they've foiled an 'attack'.

Anyway I'll only fear a terrorist if he has a gun against my head. And If I am capable of rational thought at that moment, I won't be afraid then.

Let them come!

[edit on 8-7-2007 by apex]

posted on Jul, 8 2007 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Ahhh, the Liberal world of fantasy.....

Lets all be friends.....nobody is after us.....if we would just try and reason with them....They just want a home.....bla, bla, bla.

Oh, and then when it gets too deep you huddle under the bed hoping the conservatives of the world right the ship.

Wake up! They want you D-E-D! If you think the "good muslims" don't read the very same book, you would be mistaken.

I will not raise my hand to a peaceful man but I will also not stand by and let my nation be destroyed. With so much terrorism going on in the world it's very hard to give the benefit of the doubt. I will shake your hand but you must earn my trust.

posted on Jul, 8 2007 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by apex
Even if there are terrorists of the type they describe, they've only managed three attacks in the western world, 9/11, Madrid and 7/7.

You're kidding, right? Here's a partial list of attacks that happened in the West. I didn't list incidents in Lebanon, etc.:

Attack on the Munich Airport, February 10, 1970
Munich Olympic Massacre, September 5, 1972
Attack and Hijacking at the Rome Airport, December 17, 1973
TWA Hijacking, June 14, 1985
Airport Attacks in Rome and Vienna, December 27, 1985
Naples USO Attack, April 14, 1988
Pan Am 103 Bombing, December 21, 1988
Bombing of the Israeli Embassy in Argentina, March 17, 1992
World Trade Center Bombing, February 26, 1993

sundaymorningcoffee.blogspot.com...

posted on Jul, 8 2007 @ 05:33 PM
link   

look people its quite simple, here in the Uk we have a multi cultural society, one with millenia of history, we are all well meshed togethter.

Whats the best way to control people divide and conquer, isolate people and communties that way you can control them. For a long time the NHS has been staffed by the peoples of our Empire, some of the best doctors/surgeons we have are of Asian origin. We the people have great trust in the NHS, well what do you do when you want to scare people, to get them to live in fear well you shatter their beliefs. The belief that those you give the most trust to cannot now be trusted. Thats what they the controllers want, if the so called terrorists arent doing what they should then we will fabricate events of our own.

In 2006 there were 502,599 recorded deaths in England and Wales how many of those do you think were related to terrorism
I agree with this totally however I can't forget the warnings I was given by some Paki friends back in the late 1990s. A pair of very devout muslim brothers used to chat to myself and my partner about the state of the world and how it was going to change soon and America and the west were going to pay dearly for their evil ways.They either knew something we didn't or perhaps the propaganda machine was being worked on them too, through their religion. Whatever the case, we don't talk any more. They keep themselves to themselves now and so do we.

posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 01:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky

Originally posted by apex
Even if there are terrorists of the type they describe, they've only managed three attacks in the western world, 9/11, Madrid and 7/7.

You're kidding, right? Here's a partial list of attacks that happened in the West. I didn't list incidents in Lebanon, etc.:

Attack on the Munich Airport, February 10, 1970
Munich Olympic Massacre, September 5, 1972
Attack and Hijacking at the Rome Airport, December 17, 1973
TWA Hijacking, June 14, 1985
Airport Attacks in Rome and Vienna, December 27, 1985
Naples USO Attack, April 14, 1988
Pan Am 103 Bombing, December 21, 1988
Bombing of the Israeli Embassy in Argentina, March 17, 1992
World Trade Center Bombing, February 26, 1993

sundaymorningcoffee.blogspot.com...

Well, I meant since 9/11. And even then, the IRA managed more attacks.

And even then, the threat is still greatly exaggerated. The media makes it sound as if the number of people killed by terrorists in the west per year is larger than those in car accidents.

posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 01:55 AM
link   
Whilst we whip ourselves up about terrorist attacks and Government and private enterprise makes millions installing surveillance equipment, restricting and taking away our rights and freedoms the real ‘killers’ go about their work.

On average, each year;

300 – 400,000 people die from Influenza
2million die from tuberculosis
1 million die from malaria
400,000 die from measles
A paltry 30,000 dies from yellow fever

…now I haven’t mentioned AIDS, cancer,

Then again tell people there is a terrorist cell just down the road, or they are likely to be blown up by a terrorist’s bomb and we fall apart. Meanwhile, the silent killers rampage on across the globe and we hardly give them a second thought.

Strange world we live in…

posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 02:33 AM
link   

sbardc2 - Excellent viewpoint. If any government gets into the 'appeasing' mode,it's calling for more trouble. We should not stop targeting Muslims just for the fear of offending them. And like you rightly mentioned,it's aknown fact that most of the perpatrators are Muslims and hence all efforts should be made by the government with the support from all of us, to exterminate the threat. One example of the 'appeasement of muslims gone bad' is India. India was divided in to India and Pakistan in 1948. This divide was to'appease' millions of Muslims in India who wanted a free country. Now since the divide was based on religion - All Muslims should have evacuated India and gone to Pakistan. But Indian politicians dreaded 'offending' the Muslims and allowed them to stay back.Now the fact is, there are more Muslims in India then in Pakistan and the day is not far when they might start asking for another 'free country'. How threatening is that? If UK continues pacifying Muslims just for the fear of offending them,I think a fate like India awaits it.And rest assured,it's going to be even more bloody with all the high tech methods used by today's terrorists.

UK Government with all its resources should take all possible measures to track and curtail all terrorists irrespective of their religion. In my opinion,thats the only way out of this situation where hundereds of innocent civilian lives hangs in the balance.

AryanWatch

posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 02:53 AM
link   
Aryan,
Dint forget when India and Pakistan broke up and came into being there was also Kashmir. Some militant group decided they deserved Kashmir a while back also, go fig. So your point of do not appease, eternal vigilance still does hold true.

posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Again it dosent take the brains of Einstein to work it ouit, the carpet baggers want to exploit us they want all the natural wealth and they dont care how they get it. How many have died in our so called quest for freedom, Millions thats how many and when those we persecute fight back we hate them, well welcome to the real world.

Freedom what is that, an illusion created by material wealth, who provides the materials, we do but we are slaves to those who control power and money.

As for terrorist attacks were are commiting them every day of the week, we bomb, shoot and torture in the name of corporate greed so as far as I am concerned we are all legitimate targets for retaliation.

Maybe those members who live in peace and safety would wear a different coat if they were living under the murdering jackboots of the UK/USA/I

posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 12:48 PM
link   
The UK Government needs to keep on smashing these terrorist cells whenever they can , if they pussyfoot around to much because of politically correctness etc then a lot of innocent people are going end up dead .

Its only by good anti-terrorist work by the security forces that attacks have been foiled and some of these scummy gangs have been smashed wide open and the individuals have been arrested and gone before the courts .Although we have been lucky in some cases ,today I noticed on the news another 4 of these scumbags were found guilty of trying to mass murder innocent civilians.

21/7 bombers failed to kill dozens as 'mastermind' could not do maths

I hope the law abiding Muslim people will do their part in the fight against these extremists by tipping of the police when they suspect someone of involvment in plotting mass murder on the streets of Britain.

posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Freedom what is that, an illusion created by material wealth, who provides the materials, we do but we are slaves to those who control power and money.

So your saying it would be a better world if it were under the control of a Marxist dictatorship?

edit for typo

[edit on 9-7-2007 by RedGolem]

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by jbondo
Ahhh,

That feel good did it?

the Liberal world of fantasy.....

*YAWN* @ BS American Political Partisan terminology being dragged into a discussion about BRITISH terrorism

PTS is the place to throw your divisive political terminology around

Lets all be friends.....

But I don't want to be your friend... being friends with you might harm my credibility as a 'Liberal'

nobody is after us....

I'm after you

if we would just try and reason with them....

Diplomacy costs less in lives and money.

They just want a home.....

Er... no they don't.

bla, bla, bla.

A sheep with a speech impediment!

Oh, and then when it gets too deep

Deep is good.... I don't like my feet to touch the bottom of the pool.

you huddle under the bed

No, I get into bed... make love, not war

hoping the conservatives of the world right the ship.

LMAO

Ok, you get props for that funny. Oh wait.... you were serious?

LMFAO

I love the misconception that ultraparanoid conservatives seem to have have that all 'Liberals' are totally incapable of taking action to defend themselves.

And by the way Clarke Kent, you ain't saving anyone, so do one.

Wake up!

I'M AWAKE! Jeeeeeeeesus.... damn alarm clocks these days...

They want you D-E-D!

Courtesy of Dictionary.com

"Dead:

Spelled Pronunciation[ded] Pronunciation adjective, -er, -est, noun, adverb
–adjective 1. no longer living; deprived of life: dead people; dead flowers; dead animals."

Please note the 'a' when next trying to be a wise-arse.

If you think the "good muslims" don't read the very same book, you would be mistaken.

Actually, I do have a Muslim friend who used to read the Harry Potter books, so maybe there is some truth to your statement there.

I will not raise my hand to a peaceful man

Yyyyeeeeeeeeesssssssssssssssss you would..... because your masters already have you in the mode to do so.

but I will also not stand by and let my nation be destroyed.

Just out of curiousity, where are you from?

With so much terrorism going on in the world

...much of it false flag...

it's very hard to give the benefit of the doubt.

...to the CIA...

I will shake your hand

I'm not shaking your hand until you learn how to spell 'Dead'.

but you must earn my trust.

No offense man, but who cares about your trust? You clearly have made up your mind already, so what's the point of a Muslim, or heaven forbid, a 'Liberal', trying to convince you that you don't have to be wary of everyone who follows the the teachings of the Koran?

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join