It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christian Church in Australia warns against Freemasonary!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 07:33 AM
link   
this story has been passed on to me by a member of a Christian Church here in Sydney.

World Youth Day is set to be held in Sydney in 2008, with the Pope set to make an appearance before an expected turnout of well over one million people.

My friend was warned by leaders of their church about Freemasons handing out crosses that do not represent the genuine cruxifix.

She was told not to buy crucifixes which feature rose thorns wrapping round the base as these are going to be supplied by the Freemasons during World Youth Day (for follwers to hold aloft) and do not represent anything to do with Jesus!

This raises many questions, such as WHY would the Church be acknowledging Freemasonary's existence, WHY would the Freemasons be handing out crosses with rose thorns wrapped around them and WHAT does this say about Freemasonary's connection to the Pope/Christian church??

I know the rose is symbolically linked to secret socieities in some way, perhaps someone can help me out there with details - the royal family? i don't know, i cant remember.

Anyway, symbolically speaking, what do we think this means?

Also lets read between the lines here - what is this saying about the Church and the Pope's link to Freemasonary??

BTW: I am not a member of any religion in any way.

[edit on 7-7-2007 by srsen]

posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Probably a hoax. There are two Masonic Grand Lodges down under. I looked through both of their websites and didn't see anything about it on their current events pages.

KTK

posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 09:33 PM
link   
I wouldnt be concerned about freemasons and this event.
I would however be woried about islamic extremists having the oportunity to kill millions of catholic youth and maybe the pope in the one spot.

For that reason i wouldnt let my children attend

I think this cross giving thing is a hoax and plays on the animosity betwen catholics and masons in australian history.

I come from irish catholic stock on one side and english mason stock on the other. If my parents were born 30 years before they were i would not be here as the marriage would not have been allowed on both sides.

You see in early australian history the masons(english) owned most bussinesses while the irish catholics were the workers. Infact many mason bussiness owners wouldnt employ catholics. From these divisions we got our early political parties. The workers(catholics) vote labor while the bussiness owners(masons)vote liberal party. You couldnt be a policeman in NSW early history if you wernt a mason(this transpires today with many of our police commisioners being masons). Then WW2 happened and we had mass immigration, this made way for those of anglo stock band together mason or catholic. After WW2 the divisions wernt as obvious. Today there are many prominent masons in politics, the judiciary system and bussiness. However I am seeing the masons are not holding as much sway as they use to because the zionists have much more control of the country.

So i believe that the story given is just playing on the past history of catholics and masons in Australia

[edit on 7-7-2007 by KTK]

posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Masonic Light
Probably a hoax. There are two Masonic Grand Lodges down under. I looked through both of their websites and didn't see anything about it on their current events pages.

Masoniclight, thanks for the info. Just curious, would they actually discuss or announce this on their website if there WAS some kind of propaganda campaign set to be launched for World Youth Day??

Also, where are the locations of the Grand Masonic lodges in Oz? I’m visiting the Masonic Museum in Sydney next week - is it near there?

Originally posted by KTK
I think this cross giving thing is a hoax and plays on the animosity betwen catholics and masons in australian history.

KTK, really good info - nice to learn some history of the Masons in my own backyard. Interesting about the Liberals generally being Mason-backed and Labour generally being Catholic-backed - does make sense. i had no idea about this historical animosity, so thanks.

Although, in my opinion they are all puppets dancing the dance of one puppet master.

Also, was thinking bout this overnight and this story could perhaps come from a priest or similar spreading his own beliefs about what the Freemasons may do on World Youth Day.

The source for the story is extremely reliable however, as those who were talking bout what the priest said had NO concept of Freemasonry before being told this, so I know they couldn’t have made it up I was quite stunned when they even referred to the Masons!

You guys are most likely correct and its likely to be a lone priest preaching his own agenda and suspicions, however, IF what this priest said were true, then I’m curious to hear what anyone thinks it could mean.

I myself am worried that World Youth Day will be a golden false flag opportunity and will be insisting all friends and family of mine steer well clear.

KTK

posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 11:36 PM
link   
If the priest is old it would explain it perfectly. The only priest i listen to is father bob he righty gives it to pell. If something was to happen at this event i can guarantee that the pope, archbishops and opus dei followers with front row seats(including tony abbott)wont get hurt. It will be INNOCENTS.....I dont like this pope he comes from a sinister angle of the vatican. He even looks sinister.

Oh and the rose cross goes with the rosicrucians which the catholics hate.
cause this sort of stuff conflicts with the doctrines www.geocities.com...

posted on Jul, 8 2007 @ 12:07 AM
link   
Im not religious but even i love Father Bob - how could anyone not?

As soon as you said Rosicrucians i remembered that i knew that, so yes i can completely understand the rose symbology now - interesting link too, thanks

As time ticks by its becoming clearer and clearer that whoever crafts these 'terrorist attacks' does not want to be as obvious. Yesterday was an obvious day yet we saw nothing.

I kinda doubt if they would dare do something with SO MANY suspicious eyes watching World Youth Day (WYD) - we could pick that a mile off! if they did do something tho, you're right, no-one 'important' would get hurt!!

Having said that tho i do completely agree with you about Pope Benedict - there is certainly something sinister about him. Michael Tsarion had some insightful (as always) things to say about him but i cannot find the data to link up for you.
Suffice to say his ties with the Illuminati are strong.

I will certainly try to dig up more info on this one but i dont know when i will see this person again. I will certainly watch for the rose cross on WYD, or as my source put it, "crucifixes with rose thorns wrapped round the base" to symbolically represent Freemasonry.

[edit on 8-7-2007 by srsen]

[edit on 8-7-2007 by srsen]

posted on Jul, 8 2007 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by srsen

Masoniclight, thanks for the info. Just curious, would they actually discuss or announce this on their website if there WAS some kind of propaganda campaign set to be launched for World Youth Day??

Masonic organizations generally advertise their activities via websites and newsletters so that members will participate. I don't see any reason for Freemasons to sell crosses. It would be much more likely for Masons, if they were going to be involved in some way, to sell food and other refreshments, or some sort of memorabilia. Here in the USA, a large percentage of fundraising for charity occurs in this way.

For example, during my city's Independence Day festival, my Lodge operates a hot dog booth downtown.

Also, where are the locations of the Grand Masonic lodges in Oz? I’m visiting the Masonic Museum in Sydney next week - is it near there?

Originally posted by KTK

I have no idea, I've never been down there. You can contact the via their websites:

Grand Lodge of South Australia and Northern Territory

United Grand Lodge of Victoria

Grand Lodge of Western Australia

posted on Jul, 8 2007 @ 11:53 PM
link   
HA! that would be right, lodges seemingly everywhere but in my State!

BUt woldnt it be unusual for Masons to get involved on any level? Specially considering the past animosity discussed here by KTK?

WHY would the CHurch allow them to be anywhere near the Pope? would seem a little odd to me.

posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 07:53 AM
link   

HA! that would be right, lodges seemingly everywhere but in my State!

BUt woldnt it be unusual for Masons to get involved on any level? Specially considering the past animosity discussed here by KTK?

WHY would the CHurch allow them to be anywhere near the Pope? would seem a little odd to me.

It's hard for me to say, I wasn't aware that there was animosity between Catholics and Masons in Australia. Here in the US, there are lots of Catholics who are also Masons. For example, Appak, an ATS member who posts here often, is both a Catholic and a Mason. I think Rockpuck said that he was a Catholic too, although I don't remember for sure.

posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 09:46 PM
link   
rightio fair enough.

well, time will tell. I'll be sure to post anything else i hear between now and World Youth Day.

And if i see anything during WYD you know i'll be back in here quick smart!!

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 07:04 AM
link   
The church being anti-mason? There is a real stretch of the imagination. Don't worry we have more than our fair share of fundamentalist wack-jobs with no clue what they are talking about in the US as well.

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Our Grand Lodge isn't participating in World Youth Day, as we would probably not be welcome. The Catholic church has a disfavourable view of Masonry.

We are certainly not handing out "false crucifixes". A pretty bizarre notion.

The Museum is in our Grand Lodge building, which is on the corner of Goulburn St and Castlereagh St. Get off at Town Hall station and you'll find it pretty easily.

I'd be happy to help out or show you around.

top topics

join