It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sending threads? WTF? >_>.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2007 @ 10:37 AM
link   
I don't know about you but why would you allow a sending thread feature? It's like
Me: Hello, mr... XX33355269 why don't you take a look at this thread?
mr...XX33355269: Hello, well why don't I? I don't want to. And I won't reply to it.
Me: Why not?
Mr...XX33355269: Because it's stupid. Why would I want to look at a thread on a forum?
Me: I don't know...
Mr...XX33355269: If I wanted to go look at a thread on a forum I'd look at the forum myself.
Me: ...
So, one question... why?

[edit on 4-7-2007 by Maverickhunter]

posted on Jul, 4 2007 @ 12:18 PM
link   
UK Wizard: Oh a thread on Ancient Indian civilizations, I spoke to my friend about that at the pub last Friday I reckon he'd be really interested in that even though he has never heard of ATS, a discussion on the subject matter will interest him and potentially he'll find other things he likes to research and read while here on ATS.

UK Wizard's fictional mate: Your my best buddy

[edit on 4-7-2007 by UK Wizard]

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by UK Wizard
UK Wizard: Oh a thread on Ancient Indian civilizations, I spoke to my friend about that at the pub last Friday I reckon he'd be really interested in that even though he has never heard of ATS, a discussion on the subject matter will interest him and potentially he'll find other things he likes to research and read while here on ATS.

UK Wizard's fictional mate: Your my best buddy

[edit on 4-7-2007 by UK Wizard]

Emphasis on fictional.
:p.
UK Wizard's fictional mate's expression: huh?

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 03:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maverickhunter
Emphasis on fictional.
:p.
UK Wizard's fictional mate's expression: huh?

Are you serious? I have used the feature before to send a thread to a friend, not a magically fictional friend but flesh and blood so yes the feature is used and yes it does serve a practical purpose.

So

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 05:48 AM
link   
I think the general idea behind it is to send a link to the threads that might interest your friends. Not necessarily just to arbitrarily send to whoever you have on your contacts list, just the ones that might be interested.

2 cents

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Oh well still, I don't want to be called a "loser" by sending a thread to a friend of mine. I don't have many friends that are interested in conspiracy theories and those people i know that are, I am really not friends with. :p.

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 08:41 PM
link   
OK, I'm just going to delete that before some MOD will choke me.

Thank you,
/7A

[edit on 6/7/2007 by 7Ayreon]

posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maverickhunter
Oh well still, I don't want to be called a "loser" by sending a thread to a friend of mine.

So dont use it.
I have friends who would be interested in a heap of different stuff on here, it's not compulsary is it? Whats the big deal?

top topics

join