It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

cats acting wierd today

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 06:01 AM
link   
not sure where else to put this so move it wherever if its not the right place.

i have 7 cats (2 of which are kittens). the cats normally go out during the day after they eat and the kittens stay indoors for now. for some reason today though the cats are wanting to come in and out all the time (i know cats do that but not to this extent). they are also being very, very whiny. the kittens are also being more whiney and irritating than normal today.

i spoke to my brother in uk and he said his 2 cats are doing the same thing also so i wondered if any other members are noticing out of the ordinary cat (or dog) behaviour today.

the weather has been rainy and cloudy for a few weeks now so its not just that the weather is bad outside because it normally doesnt bother them too much as they can play in the hangar next door when its wet.

they just seem quite out of character today.

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 06:09 AM
link   
My cat has been in alot over the last week or so. I think its to do with the constant rain. She keeps running out through the cat-flap then coming straight back in and looking at me as if she thinks its my fault. I guess in her mind if we can shape the planet with buildings and roads then surely we can control the weather.

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 06:16 AM
link   
it could be the weather but they usually get sulky rather than whiny when its bad outside. also, the kittens don't go out so it wouldn't explain them being a really, really big noisy pain.

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 06:18 AM
link   
It's a conspiracy I tell ya.

A conspiracy!

While I don't have any pets right now, I can attest to the fact that cats are not normal people.

They have their own mind and own will.

And some day our feline friends will rule the world!!!!

*sorry for the off-topic, got carried away*

besides, someone had to give this a conspiratorial twist.

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 07:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mechanic 32
I can attest to the fact that cats are not normal people.

They have their own mind and own will.

And some day our feline friends will rule the world!!!!

once they figure out how the tin opener works they will!!

seriously though, i only mention it because a lot of animals can sense things that humans can't. take the vanishing animals before the big tsunami the other xmas time for example.

it could be a natural event occuring like that tsunami or an unnatural one like say a haarp frequency being used. cats don't freak like that for no reason

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 07:04 AM
link   
It is well known that when animals start acting strange there very well could be something in the makings.

I would suggest you go out and observe the birds and other animals because they seem to feel/sense things before they happen.

My cat seems okay but I think I'll keep a check on the animals around here.

Thanks for the heads up.

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 07:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by observe50
I would suggest you go out and observe the birds and other animals because they seem to feel/sense things before they happen.

haven't noticed anything unusual with the local birds today although one of the regular blue tits brought it's 2 newly flying babies over to teach them to take nuts from the feeder this morning
that's always nice to see. i'll keep my eyes out though just in case...

[edit on 3-7-2007 by justyc]

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 07:16 AM
link   
sorry for the tongue in cheek bit there in my previous post, justyc.

I read this this morning, and it could be related:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Interesting if there is a connection between what you described and what they are talking about in my linked thread.

They discuss some strange weather possibly realted to El Nino effects.

edit for clarity.

[edit on 7/3/07 by Mechanic 32]

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 07:31 AM
link   

They discuss some strange weather possibly realted to El Nino effects.

does el nino affect europe though? i thought it just affected the u.s. & mexico/pacific area.

i think europe is having its own freaky weather season at the moment - perhaps it has 'le nino' or something instead

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 07:34 AM
link   
My four year old beagle has been DEPRESSED yesterday and still is today. I was just remarking to my husband that her behavior is very strange. It's like she's sad and nothing has happened here to make her that way.

So .. add my dog to your observations. I don't know if it means anything ... but it's odd about our beagle because she usually is hyper and happy and jumping and yowling .. yesterday and today she's depressed (and not sick at all that we know of).

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 07:39 AM
link   
hi flyersfan. thanks for your input. whats the weather like where you are today? just trying to figure if it is a weather related problem that seems to be affecting them.

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by justyc

does el nino affect europe though? i thought it just affected the u.s. & mexico/pacific area.

The way I understand it, el nino causes global weather changes, not just restricted to certain areas even though some areas are affected less than others. Admittedly, I could be wrong though.

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by justyc

The way I understand it, el nino causes global weather changes, not just restricted to certain areas even though some areas are affected less than others. Admittedly, I could be wrong though.

according to the tornado and storm research organisation there is no conclusive link that the el nino affects europe and the uk weather patterns. that's not to say the they dont have their own version as i mentioned before.

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Best. Thread. Ever.
My greyhound, Sara, seems fine up here in wet and windy Cumbria. Her nose is dry but that isn't too uncommon. The cows a couple of fields over are eating and pooping like there's no tomorrow so no signs of anything untoward in the air here as yet.

I have always been fascinated about animals sensing bad things, like when no animals were found after the tsunami, and I think the more natural creatures (not pets) are more in tune with things, but I could be wrong as I also know domesticated animals like dogs and cats still know when something is up.

Here is a page I found that talks about just this but Google throws up a lot of stuff to look at

worldvisionportal.org...

Signs are present most commonly between 24 to 48 hours prior to earth activity, but I've seen changes 30 days in advance.

CATS: Cats will be jumpy. You may see warning signs such as hiding, running around frantically trying to escape to the outside, hanging on screens and meowing,or behavior unusual for your pet. Many times they will be aggressive, or will want to stick close to or be on top of you. Pacing, hissing, or growling can also be symptoms. Most cats will hide, so check their favorite hiding places and behind cupboards, refrigerators,sofas, beds, in closets, in the backs of washers and dryers, and on top of cupboards, shelves and behind the water heater. Check small spaces in the backs of any appliance since they will often seek out dark and small areas.

DOGS: Dogs will usually not hide. Behavior exhibited before quake activity includes howling, whining,barking, restlessness, aggression, and increased devotion to owners. They will usually run around, and can bolt through gates, windows, or doors, or stick to you like glue. Some dogs will become more protective or aggressive while others will be fearful or act dejected. Pay attention to their personalities and individual needs and you will be able to avoid trouble. Drastic differences in the number o fadvertised lost dogs and the animal shelter loads can precede quake activity in a specific area. Large increases in these numbers could give you a clue to upcoming earth activity.

Pets do get stressed and I would say that is something to keep in mind but I cannot explain a group kitty sit-in.

[edit on 3/7/2007 by Muppetus Galacticus]

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 08:28 AM
link   
My cat insisted that I get up at 1:45 am this morning. We usually get up about 4 am. He is an indoor cat now. He didn't seem to want to eat. Just wanted company. The weather here is unsettled. Cooler than normal with showers off and on now for about a week.

Yes, my cat runs this household. I usually obey his orders after a little grumbling.

Mahree

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Also huge sunspot activity see other thread

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 09:29 AM
link   
my most independent cat (the boss one) has only just gone out after spending the afternoon clinging to my side. she even came with me and stayed in the room i weight train in and then followed me afterwards to the shower (something she NEVER will do normally for fear of getting splashed by a drop of water). shes also not they type to crave attention but she kept jumping up to get a stroke on the head and stayed in my arms for a cuddle. wierd

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by johnb
Also huge sunspot activity see other thread

thats interesting johnb. unfortunately i cant seem to access the soho site to check what happened today as it keeps timing out.

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 09:47 AM
link   
my rabbit usually sleeps at the foot of my bed on the floor, last night he wouldn't stop jumping up in bed and was doing laps around the room. indeed it was strange.

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Lately my cat keeps pooping outside of his box. We can't figure out why all of a sudden he's doing this! We keep it clean and scoop it out every night. He never used to do that before. We don't have weird weather here though. It's been mild and sunny here in Wisconsin.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join