It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Roswell aliens theory revived by deathbed confession

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Roswell aliens theory revived by deathbed confession

www.news.com.au

EXACTLY 60 years ago, a light aircraft was flying over the Cascade Mountains in Washington State, at a height of around 3000m.

Suddenly, a brilliant flash of light illuminated the aircraft.

Visibility was good and as pilot Kenneth Arnold scanned the sky to find the source of the light, he saw a group of nine shiny metallic objects flying information.

He estimated their speed as being around 2600km/h - nearly three times faster than the top speed of any jet aircraft at the time.
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 30-6-2007 by UM_Gazz]

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Deathbed confession made public as of the paper today Australian EST: Fron Washington Correspondants July 01, 2007 12:30am. The Sunday Telegraph

www.news.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Wow very interesting. Any more details, will they show the text.

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 10:38 PM
link   
www.news.com.au...

Lieutenant Walter Haut was the public relations officer at the base in 1947 and was the man who issued the original and subsequent press releases after the crash on the orders of the base commander, Colonel William Blanchard.

Haut died last year but left a sworn affidavit to be opened only after his death.

Last week, the text was released and asserts that the weather balloon claim was a cover story and that the real object had been recovered by the military and stored in a hangar.

He described seeing not just the craft, but alien bodies.

Very interesting... Though in my oppinion some credibility is lost when this 'just happens' to surface on the Roswell anniversary.

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 10:55 PM
link   
You can't "revive" something that never died in the first place. As far as I know, the famous Roswell Memo has never been debunked, and in fact may be undebunkable.

www.ufocasebook.com...

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 06:39 AM
link   
As far as I am concerned, the biggest problem with the whole UFO/alien phenomena is the so-called aliens appearance. The odds that a separate life form from a distant planet, even one from this solar system, much less one from another star would evolve into a human like form is just too great.

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 06:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by grover
As far as I am concerned, the biggest problem with the whole UFO/alien phenomena is the so-called aliens appearance. The odds that a separate life form from a distant planet, even one from this solar system, much less one from another star would evolve into a human like form is just too great.

I disagree.

I think it's perfectly reasonable that the basic humanoid form could be repeated elsewhere. Obviously details such as major organs and physical features are likely to be very different, but that's a given.

With the sheer number of galaxies that are out there and the number of stars that each contains, I don't think it's even that hard to imagine another separate evolution of humans living out there right now.

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 07:10 AM
link   
I am not going to argue the point but if you talk to most biologists, I think that you would find that they would say that the odds are against it for a variety of reasons. I will go with the biologists.

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 08:08 AM
link   
I don't expect you to defend your opinion but you could at least try to be a little less vague with the info that confirmed it for you.

Back on topic.

I keep hearing about this death bed confession but still wait eagerly to actually read the entire thing with my own eyes. Definitely seems like the Roswell crash story is going to be around even longer than the re-runs of the Roswell TV drama.

[edit on 1-7-2007 by not_fazed]

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Generally speaking... for a human like life form to have evolved on another planet, the circumstances would have had to be similar. In all these accounts these critters breath oxygen, sometimes they eat food, others they have sex with humans... none of which is likely to the same way elsewhere. As for human/alien hybrids... impossible, we can't even breed with our closest living relatives, much less with life forms from other planets with other evolutionary paths.

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Well my fellow Above Top Secret - posters.. personally, I'd like to see Mr Haut's written note. Wanna be sure what the Man's saying is crystal clear as, he was well supporting Maj Marcel's account as best he could, not being there on site in 7/47.

So it would seem he really did not have much to hide or a particular reason recently to hide it -- yes?

Dallas

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Grover,

Well to the best of our knowledge oxygen is fairly common throughout the universe. I'm no more a chemist than I am a biologist but I would assume that if oxygen is present in an extra solar planet's atmosphere, the chances are that the inhabitants would evolve to breathe it. Even so, a humanoid doesn't necessarily have to breathe the same gases that we do.

For all we know some of the Roswell crash survivors may have died as a result of being unable to breathe our atmosphere.

I like the movie Fire in The Sky's take on alien humanoids. The 'greys' in the movie are actually pink skinned human like aliens wearing grey, black eyed protective space suits to they can survive in our atmosphere.

I'd say that if an extra solar planet has roughly the same gravity and distance from the sun as Earth and a varied pool of life, I'd put money on a mammal like creature eventually standing up on two legs to take a better look around.

As for alien/human hybrids, who knows what technology and knowledge aliens would have in genetics and biology? We just move toward creating a synthetic lifeform and we're still taking baby steps! However I'm with you when it comes to alien/human sex - that's a bit too far fetched.

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dallas

So it would seem he really did not have much to hide or a particular reason recently to hide it -- yes?

Dallas

It's kind of scary to think that he would only allow the info to be released upon his death. I guess he knew more about the possible consequences than we do.

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Personally, other than the Dolphins I am not convinced that there is intelligent life here on earth, much less anywhere else.

That little joke aside I tend to think that the 20th centuries fixation with aliens, channeling, contact with higher (or more spiritual) life forms are more indicitive of insecurities of the age than anything else. If anything these visitations are from out of the depths of the human psyche than from some other planet.

I am not saying that it can't happen, I just seriously doubt that it has.

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Repeat after me. This is media spin.

It was not a deathbed confession his father asked him to make sure he would get the true story out once he left the service. There is a big difference between what the story alludes too and what actually took place.

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 01:26 PM
link   

I am not saying that it can't happen, I just seriously doubt that it has.

Consider the number of potential planets in the Universe that may contain life. Consider the age of the Universe. Now, consider the likelihood there is not more advanced life in the Universe? The odds are clearly in favor of those who believe we have been visited or will be visited. As to whether Roswell is true? That's a different matter and what I think Mukiwa intended this thread to be about.

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Oh personally I believe that there is plenty of life in the universe but I doubt that they have come here. Really, discounting scifi ideas about warp drives, wormholes and star gates, the the speed of light is such a barrier and the distance between star systems is so great (not to mention between galaxies) that we may never know. We could very well end our days as a species without ever making contact; and given our propensity for violence and trigger happiness, I am not sure I want us to.

Also I have a serious objection to the idea that our ancestors needed help with some of their acts; if anything they had far more persistence and patience than we do and they were obviously intelligent. They didn't need aliens to help them, we humans have the capacity to dream and nightmare large, and the capacity to carry them out as well. Just because we haven't figured out how they did it, might speak more about our lack of imagination than anything alien.

[edit on 1-7-2007 by grover]

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Really, discounting scifi ideas about warp drives, wormholes and star gates, the the speed of light is such a barrier and the distance between star systems is so great (not to mention between galaxies) that we may never know.

Two centuries back, when the first steam engines were invented, people were afraid to go on them for fear that the air would be sucked from their lungs due to traveling at such high speed, and they would die.

Later on, at the start of the next century, manned flight was invented despite the vast majority saying it could not be done.

Following that people said the 'sound barrier' could never be broken.

Are you seeing a pattern here ?

Just because we can't do it now, it doesn't mean we wont be able to in the future, or some other more advanced civilization has not already.

From Roswell to O'Hare, to the NASA footage of strange unidentified objects, there is plenty of evidence to be found that have, and are being visited. You only have to open your eyes and look, and ATS is a great place to start!

OK - there is no actual hard proof, but there could be many reasons why that is the case, which are all well covered here in ATS.

The odds that a separate life form from a distant planet, even one from this solar system, much less one from another star would evolve into a human like form is just too great.

I am not going to argue the point but if you talk to most biologists, I think that you would find that they would say that the odds are against it for a variety of reasons. I will go with the biologists.

I was trained as a biologist, and there is no reason why humanoids could evolve quite separately and and apart. It is well known that winged-flight in animals has evolved here on earth on several occasions (eg. birds and bats), quite separately. I see no reason why this could not be the case with humanoid evolution.

In fact, if you consider the possibility that life did not originate here on Earth, we might share even more in common with other forms of life elsewhere in the universe. Weather or not life was intentionally introduced here or not, there is no reason to suppose that it could not have happened that way. Panspermia is the theory that life may have been seeded here on Earth, but came from elsewhere, and there are many scientists out there that consider it a possibility.

Who knows what is really possible and what is not. I don't know who said it first, but the saying "The sky is not the limit" sums it all up very well I think.

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Considering Egypt Hyrogliphocs as well as just a general understanding of the size and scope of our Universe, I believe there is a chance that there is life on other planets.

The reasons that I believe Roswell could be for real is that the expansion of technology happens to happen around the same time as this event. If the alien crash is true, it could explain the rapid growth of technology that has happened since this event.

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Until the scientific litmus test of observable fact is passed, either we exceed the speed of light or we meet an actual living alien (or a verifiable dead body) it is still nothing but speculation. That is all I am saying.

BTW I have seen things that I cannot explain but that doesn't mean that they can't be; I just cant.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join